Levi's Vintage Clothing

THey do see to do a really good job of picking out those quirky, cool, but essentially simple 50s designs.

Must get my leather coat lined, it fits right in with that aesthetic. Will take some heavy tranquillizers then find out how much Aero charge...

Paul, you would probably be surprised at actually how reasonable Aero can be, considering and they follow the old stitch holes on anything on the leather.

Excuse the photo quality (crackberry only at the mo)

Post Soak snap of my 44. They have shrunk a lot more in the leg than my 2008 versions but I'm still happy with them despite no cuffing. Just prey future washes dont shrink them any more!

1944postsoak-1.jpg?t=1296831406

Guest redchris
Who knows how many LVC jeans releases there were with natural indigo? I seem to recall the 1880s model, but was there another? Maybe the Spring Bottoms or a 201?

The spring bottom pants were cone denim, made in Italy. I have a pair from 1999 for sale

I seriously doubt whether that last shirt is true vintage...the small size tag beneath the label looks like a clear giveaway that this is very recent production.
^That second t is a LVC one too, I thinks its a LVC Japan repro. I think they also made a navy blue sweat with that image.
It's a LVC, if I do remember well, from Spring 2005. I bought in Paris at that period anyway

thanks for the info, gents. makes sense that the second one would be lvc also... navy blue sweat sound epic.

now if we can can find em in L/XL i'm all set!

Quick and dirty pics of some of the first flannels to arrive from the new season.

Made in italy. Gorgeous fabric. Sorry, forgot to check the price...

flannel1.jpg

nice shirt Paul T, but I´m more interested in that crew neck sweater, what brand is this from!? barbour!? and can i grab online somewhere?

kind regards

'kin'ell.Look at this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEVIS-501-BIG-E-LVC-1944-LIMITED-EDITION-VERY-RARE-/230579685966?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item35af9eca4e

I sold a pair of themand was glad to get £250!

This guy used to sell lvc very reasonably on eebs a few years ago

this used to be my favorite prewashed jeans, very, very rare but even more nice;) that price of course is hilarious... the pocket lining made from plaid flannel is quite descent...

Stunning Doctor. At what stages were the soaks and washes - at how many days wear?

Thanks! Initial soak and every time they get dirty. The 1st real wash was after 50 times, the 2nd after 80.

I'm not too happy with the blurry combs, but all in all they've got a true vintage look ...and a serious leg twist :-)

I found an interesting website selling a few rare LVC items:

E.g. three different cotton duck bags, all of them are limited (and quite pricy).

Also there are better fitpics of the 1878 Pantaloons.

Here you go: http://www.ln-cc.com/men/levis-vintage-clothing/icat/levisvintageclothing/

let me guess...did you find said site in the top right corner of this page?

let me guess...did you find said site in the top right corner of this page?

No :)...I searched google for LVC and didn't know that site at all. (and it wasn't on the first page of results either..) In fact, I never saw (or at least recognized) an ad for this site on this page (if that is what you mean).

Hey, stumbled onto a pair of OT 517's, but am perplexed as to their age. They don't feature a paper hip tag, or the typical 'batwing' logo on the inside... They have black, or very dark blue and then also the orange-ish stitching.

This is a snap of the only interior tag, I am assuming late 70's or early 80's but thought i'd see if anyone could shed some light:

DSCN8201.jpg

edit : top button reads 585. All Orange Tab Levi's are made in USA, right?

Hey, stumbled onto a pair of OT 517's, but am perplexed as to their age. They don't feature a paper hip tag, or the typical 'batwing' logo on the inside... They have black, or very dark blue and then also the orange-ish stitching.

This is a snap of the only interior tag, I am assuming late 70's or early 80's but thought i'd see if anyone could shed some light:

DSCN8201.jpg

edit : top button reads 585. All Orange Tab Levi's are made in USA, right?

they are early 80's vintage judging by the factory code and the style of care tag. what type of zipper is on them talon 42 or levis brand?

levis brand, So definitely early 80's then.

i know first hand from the time levis brand zippers began showing up around 1984. previous to that they generally used the talon 42. i have two nos examples from 1980 & 1981 and both those have talon 42's. i can confidently say these were made between 84-87. the zipper puts them to 84 and in 87 the care tag changed to the red print batwing logo and the rivet backs changed having circular lines instead of being smooth.