Levi's Vintage Clothing

Just two weeks ago won in bidding on eBAY NWOT LEVIS ORANGE TAB 505 0217 , excellent fit. It has same tag inside but no shrinkage information. I do not know how to post picture here. If some body guide me i can upload its pictures. The fabric is much thicker then current 505.

Just two weeks ago won in bidding on eBAY NWOT LEVIS ORANGE TAB 505 0217 , excellent fit. It has same tag inside but no shrinkage information. I do not know how to post picture here. If some body guide me i can upload its pictures. The fabric is much thicker then current 505.

I have been wanting an OT 505 for a long time, please do post pics! Just upload to imageshack and C/P the link you get here.

I picked up a slightly worn pair or 551zxx yesterday in Brooklyn. I've been trying to find info about them, but haven't come across much. From what I can tell they're Levi's japan. The code on the top button is j09. I'll get some pics up today.

Anyone care to shed some light in them? Really dig the cut and the way the denim has faded thus far. For $20 I couldn't pass them up

If you browse this topic, I guess some two or three weeks ago, there was quite a discussion on the 551ZXX's

EDIT: check out pages 1222 through 1224

AWESOME! thank you so much. i'm not very good at the search option. the only thing that came up was the entire thread and i had no idea where to begin. much appreciated.

did you guys see this -? via rivet head

http://shop.sivletto.com/system/search/product.asp?id=5050

Glad to see they've returned to the correct pocket shape on the 1901. Much better.

Lovely knapsack, too, but pricey. 201 back. Duck pants back, too, when you look at everyone else's prices they're not outrageous - but I hope we get a yoke this time.

And as we can see, the 'Rough Rinse' versions are the new entry-level LVC, American fabric, sewn in Turkey.

Here are they Patch got broken after wash

p1030209v.jpg

After first wash patch got hard and broken into pieces.

p1030211j.jpg

p1030212l.jpg

Note back pocket position

p1030210f.jpg

Look for arcurate ,look close to 501 1966.

The fit is amazing with high front rise, if you people like I can put pics now while wearing it.

Thanks for the pics, neakal, a nice pair, but they look rather dull and a bit 'dusty'. Try washing 'm, I t think it would bring out the indigo more vibrantly.

They actually look a lot like my LVC 615's, only there, the arcuates are much more pronounced. Funny :-)

Thisi is a useful catalogue, in that it depicts the full range including LVC America/EUrope items, and LVC Japan.

Many of the main items are identical to the EUropean market ones - these are made in the US, usually Valencia Street. Other items, probably the 551ZX, are made in America but only sold by LVC Japan - as might happen in Europe, say, where they will have items in their range that aren't retailed in America.

Other items still are all-Japanese, made and sold in Japan. Over this period, 2001 or so, many/most of them would use Cone for the STF fabric, and usually Kaihara for the Sanforized. One example of this would be the 502, which was a part of the LEvi's Japan, and then LVC Japan, range from the very beginning.

Ive posted these at maximum size, although I think SuFU's sofrtware is reducing them somewhat. They shoudl be 700 pixels wide.

coverypk.jpg

Paul, those catalog pics are great. Thank you!

The arcs on the 551z that I bought are slightly different. A bit less curved. I'll try to get sine pics up today. I can't read the white tag as it's faded, but the top button is stamped j09 and everything else seems to be on par with other lvc jeans (copper rivets, good stitching from what I can tell, and similar denim to other products I've seen).

They seem to be legit, but I can never be sure.

Paul, those catalog pics are great. Thank you!

The arcs on the 551z that I bought are slightly different. A bit less curved. I'll try to get sine pics up today. I can't read the white tag as it's faded, but the top button is stamped j09 and everything else seems to be on par with other lvc jeans (copper rivets, good stitching from what I can tell, and similar denim to other products I've seen).

They seem to be legit, but I can never be sure.

Those 551Z in the 2001 catalogue could well be the Valencia Street ones, made in America for the Japanese market. So the one actually made in Japan are likely different.

I'm still trying to work out what those 702 should be. Like, if they're 1930, why a red tag? I presume they're a ficitious model, they don't look like the women's/girls' shape, will have to look closer at the pics and see if it's pink selvage.

Looking forward to seeing your 551ZXX!