Levi's Vintage Clothing

The sitting in a bathtub method, nice. I take it you are sizing for a somewhat slim fit then?

My preferred method for the first soak. They haven't turned too slim and are drying now (not on as its too cold in South Wales for that!)

...ah, 44's. You guys make me wann wear my 44's immediately again :-)

They're one of my favourites and they've got the best arcs ever. My pair shrinks to a real slim fit, super nice. Here after their first soak:

postsoak.jpg

There are some nice items in the new collection, I like the suspenders and the bags too, but the prices are really heavy. I was hoping for a belt, but this one sucks big time imo.

i also just visited the silvetto site. and they have the 1878 Pantaloons Jeans .

i found a fit pic on the caliroots page. why are they so tight in the leg?

http://caliroots.com/c-store/product.asp?id=25099

to bad, i was thinking of getting those, but seeing the fit pic.....

Seriously, what is up with the lower leg here? I don't think people wore slim-fit in 1878?

That urban take on fits is usually not accurate, like with Karmaloop their skintight Cheap Mondays stock pics are baggy as bjorn.

that doesn't change the fact that the leg opening looks super narrow for a repro from that era...sizing up on a pair of CM's = loose fit, but even sizing down on a supposed wide or looser fitting jean should still yield the same style of leg opening. I thought the same thing when I saw them...skinny jeans from the 1800's? wtf?

hooooleee shite! how on earth did i miss this LVC shirt?!

5414711478_b42834dee9_b.jpg

i don't think i can imagine a more perfect t-shirt. one of my favorite sketches by one of my favorite artists. on a nice LVC shirt. damn.

another shot i found:

1_ddb10986845b694bc698fbed90fa1a0a.jpg

if any of you fine fellows has a lead on one of these in an xl (or large, but LVC shirts run small, right?) please please please let me know.

2007 production apparently... again, how did i miss this?

i've also seen another more recent rick griffin t in blue. may also be interested in that in XL.

doing some research, i came across this original 60s levi's shirt with rick griffin art:

5414743794_902866d9b5_b.jpg

apparently this was sold at a vintage shop in venice. so rad.

anyhow, sorry for the non-denim related rant. i just got super excited about this...

did the initial soak of my unworn 55's yesterday ( bathtub 30°C / 30mn ) damn they shrunk like crazy and got stiffer than cardboard.. the new fit is pretty nice, although it's almost like a totally different jean now lol.. anyways that was my first experiment with unsanforized denim..

im now hesitating with how to handle my new 1917 pair, the fit, size and feel is perfectly on point as is. if i soak, will this model shrink as much and become as stiff as the 55's? i know these are also unsanforized, but these are super thin 9oz kaihara denim (or cone im not sure), so am i to expect different results? i know this model isn't too common, but hopefully someone here has a clue..

did the initial soak of my unworn 55's yesterday ( bathtub 30°C / 30mn ) damn they shrunk like crazy and got stiffer than cardboard.. the new fit is pretty nice, although it's almost like a totally different jean now lol.. anyways that was my first experiment with unsanforized denim..

im now hesitating with how to handle my new 1917 pair, the fit, size and feel is perfectly on point as is. if i soak, will this model shrink as much and become as stiff as the 55's? i know these are also unsanforized, but these are super thin 9oz kaihara denim (or cone im not sure), so am i to expect different results? i know this model isn't too common, but hopefully someone here has a clue..

i always buy the same tagged size and handle them as needed to get the fit right. my 37' 201's were quite snug raw. this is what works for me in those cases. wear them raw until spring, then on a warm sunny day do a warm soak wearing them in the tub. wring them out and wear them until dry. when i've done this i have found they stretch where they need to and shrink were they need to=perfect fit. if you know someone with a jeep even better. i always take mine for a ride with the top and doors off and they dry on my body in 10min. do this the first few times and they'll retain that shape even after regular washing. that has been my experience.

hooooleee shite! how on earth did i miss this LVC shirt?!

5414711478_b42834dee9_b.jpg

i don't think i can imagine a more perfect t-shirt. one of my favorite sketches by one of my favorite artists. on a nice LVC shirt. damn.

It's a LVC, if I do remember well, from Spring 2005. I bought in Paris at that period anyway

The 1917's do not shrink as much as the '55's. If they fit you perfectly dry as they are, don't just hot soak, rather sit in a hot tub with the jeans on and let them dry on you. They should turn out fine.

1917 are Kurabo denim (Kaihara do the Sanforized). THis seems to shrink maybe an inch in the waist.. You can either soak in the bath, or put a piece of wood in the waistband to stop it shrinking

Any idea what these 66 are they are described as a light rinse but it seems consistent i.e. no particular wear areas - knees, pocket etc.

http://www.triads.co.uk/triads-i-c1/denim-c143/levis-vintage-1966-501-light-rinse-denim-jeans-p55953

I don't know this finish; it looks more heavily-washed than the Rough Rinse. I would go for those - they're darker, less insipid, and are £30-40 cheaper. (Sewn in Turkey, fabric from Cone).

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&info=p789_Levi--180-s--Vintage-Clothing-1966-501-Rough-Rinse.html

I don't know this finish; it looks more heavily-washed than the Rough Rinse. I would go for those - they're darker, less insipid, and are £30-40 cheaper. (Sewn in Turkey, fabric from Cone).

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&info=p789_Levi--180-s--Vintage-Clothing-1966-501-Rough-Rinse.html

They look to me (dare I say it) stone wash!?!