Levi's Vintage Clothing

Hey jstavrin - I am pretty certain that they occurred during washing. All three pairs were raw and I usually look closely when I receive them new. So I don't think they were from folds in the denim new nor from storing post wash. I hang dry and noticed the fade lines while they hung on the line right after washing.

Sure, I can see them, actually I can see all the pictures you posted.

Sorry 'bout the weird fadelines, my friend, but scr.w that. Just put them on and wear them, I'm sure they'll eventually turn out fine.

lance: Are those fading lines from folds in the denim that you never got out? I have a crease going down the shin of my Denimes and I foresee an ugly shin fade in the future.

I don't know if it will show up clear enoug in this photo (so I added some arrows to try to point it out) but I've got a pair of Warehouse 1001XXs with a crease/line forming in the left leg. Noticed it after their initial (and only) wash, and figured it was a little creasing from the washer. I'd encountered that with a pair of 800s, and didn't think anything of it because they pressed/washed/fell out on those jeans. On the 1001s, the crease started down on the shin, and has now started across the knee and up onto the thigh, and looks like it's trying to work it's way all the way up the leg. Tried pressing it out, and that didn't help. Now I'm beginning to wonder if there's a little flaw or pucker in the denim that became more exagerated after shrinking.

DSC00283.jpg

actually from my personal experience, the jeans that I put in washer all kinda had that crease lines and since then I handwash or just soak my jeans. I think Shorty is right because of the weight of jeans with water in the washer, the jeans are folded in an awkward angle within the washer and thus the washing process creates the fading on the "folded" part. Either position your jeans so that the jeans won't bunch up or fold or just hand wash them. :)

Regarding the weird fade lines...it looks like maybe you're leaving the jeans bunched up in the washer after they have been washed. You need to take your jeans out immediately after wash, hang them up and press out the major creases/wrinkles with you hands.

Heads up. For anyone who live in the Los Angeles area. I was in American Rag Cie on La Brea http://www.amrag.com/ and most of their LVC 1947 are still priced at $175.00. They have a decent selection of the sunset shirts. I was in there today and they were having a 30% off Sale on some LVC items.

As an aside they have a wide selection of RRL stuff. The Workshirts are to die for.

DId anyone see the A/W LVC line on Oki-Ni? They put up a ton of new stuff, some pretty interesting ideas came out of XX. They aren't for sale yet, but you can view it and pre-order it. They have a customized 1955 501, which is kinda cool, but they screwed up the offset belt loop. I was so stoked to see the offset belt loop until I noticed the weird patch to the left of it.

On another note, I just got my 1954 501Z's from Cultizm. I notice that the zipper LVC models don't have the same rivets as the 1947/1944/ 1933/ etc. The rivets don't "push through" the denim like on most high quality jeans as to see the cotton threads on the head of the rivet. Has anyone else noticed that? My LVC 701's with a zipper are the same as the 54's. And the 1967 505's are the same. So, is it the zipper thats the reasoning behind the different rivets?

speaking of caps (and I apologize for staying off-topic), but does anyone know what kind of cap this is? Style, era???

Photoon2010-08-03at1220.jpg

It's leather and the inside is lined with red silk/acetate. It has "Macca Dacca, San Francisco" on the top of the underside and a big picture of a raccoon head. Any info is appreciated.

off topic but woot! my "Jeans of The Old West" book just got sent out! Looking forward to pouring over the photos Mike...

Nice to hear that it's finally getting out, did you order the book through Schiffer? I see that shipping time through Amazon is 2 to 4 months. Thanks

I hope you enjoy the book.

Dr.house- too much, is how much I downsized the '33s.

I'm a 33" waist, the jeans were 31.5" dry. After soaking I have to stretch the hell out of them to get them to a 32.5". That works okay, and the seat is roomy enough, but the crotch is far too tight. It can be little awkward when I'm talking to the rich ladies in Pacific Heights about their gardens. I've gotten a few pinched-looking expressions after a glance downwards. I'm talking Starsky & Hutch tight.

I ate a bunch of birthday cake last week (not my own) and now every time I sit down in my truck I risk a blowout. Not so comfortable. I'm determined to wear them until I get good fades, though. After that I'll never go so far below actual waist size again, if at all.

Rivethead- the hat is a Brixton.

Could someone (Paul T most likely) what is the slimmest cut of lvc from 1901-33? Thanks

Could someone (Paul T most likely) what is the slimmest cut of lvc from 1901-33? Thanks

i don't think i'd be looking pre-40s for a slim fit, as far as i know they're all very much of a muchness- i.e. wide. like roy6 says, to get that slim fit you'd really need to size down hard.