Levi's Vintage Clothing

http://www.forwardforward.com/fwd/DisplayProduct.jsp?d=M&s=B&c=LVC%3A+Levi%27s+Vintage+Clothing&product=LVCL-MJ9

How about this '55 fit? Seem a tad slim? Because I'm one of the only folks on this board that still likes slim jeans, I think it looks pretty cool. But it still seems very slim for a '55. Downsized?

Some prewashed LVC's aren't exact repros. They look customized.

Yeah, the '55 'Pitchfork' jean is a modified, slimmed down '55. Apparently based on a jean in their archive that was customer-modified.

Yeah, the '55 'Pitchfork' jean is a modified, slimmed down '55. Apparently based on a jean in their archive that was customer-modified.

Right..... As if it isn't just an excuse for LVC to make a slim (hipster marketable) version of a repro.

today i could gaze on a pair of lee zed "turn ups" although it was no repro the quality was amazing, selvage denim, chainstitching and the denim itself looked incredible... and seeing the new ridiculous prices for lvc jeans i refuse to by no more lvc... intsead i go with lee (unless i can grab a cheap pair of lvc at the bay)

Shame on you Levi´s!!!

Cultizms prices for the new denim are pretty much the same as before...it seems like the shirts are the outrageously priced items

I really like the 1947 501, a lot. But I wash my jeans frequently and find weird vertical fading even if I turn them inside out with no spin cycle on delicate. I'm afraid to wash the damn things. No wonder they recommend not washing them for 6 months; they get fcked up! With this price increase and without an equivalent increase in quality, LEVIS can stick the LVC line. Well, got that off my chest :(

do the 66's shrink 2 less than tagged in length? the waist is true to size from what i can glean from the thread...

Hi!

I have three pairs of 66'. waist 32, 33 and 34(yeah, i'm getting fatter and fatter). They are all 34 lenght. The 32 and 33 have been washed but the 34 only soaked. Would their mesuremenst help you? I'm not home right now so I can't fix it right now...

Best

Ea1R

LVC has always retailed around the $400 AUD mark here in australia. all my LVC were snaffled on european sites for less than half that- i think my 1937 was less than 100 on sale at ASOS.

at least we can look forward to some heavy discounting once the arse has fallen out of the LVC market due to overpricing- and i do notice that a certain online retailer has an LVC-specific coupon-sale on this weekend.

i saw LVC in one of the big department stores on Pitt St about 2 years back (DJ or MYERS, i don't know which ones are there), but that was around the 400 mark. there are a few other places around apparently, but i don't spend much time in sydney these days, so don't really know, sorry.

the online sale is just a 10% off at superdenim.co.uk (SALE10) specifically on LVC for this weekend only, but i suspect that cultizm or ASOS are probably still even cheaper. i haven't double-checked that, since i'm not in the market for more LVC right now, but i can guarantee that any of those three will be much cheaper than buying it retail her in AUS. plus cultizm and superdenim will do VAT-deductions for aussies, so there's an extra ~20% off.

I really like the 1947 501, a lot. But I wash my jeans frequently and find weird vertical fading even if I turn them inside out with no spin cycle on delicate. I'm afraid to wash the damn things. No wonder they recommend not washing them for 6 months; they get fcked up! With this price increase and without an equivalent increase in quality, LEVIS can stick the LVC line. Well, got that off my chest :(

I've never seen anything like this on my LVC's. They turn out great with superb fadings. And this isn't just me 4 sure.

i'd rather spend that kind of money on Samurai, Studio D'Artisan, Sugarcane, Steam Locomotive, Full Count than spend that on LVC. What happened to the days when a pair of 1947 was $175.00?

I've got SDA's, Denimes. Edwins, Nudies...my LVC's are my favourites. Must be for some reason :P but I agree, those rising prices are truly bad news.

dr. house - I must be doing something wrong. The last three pairs of 47s have these vertical fades. I even sent Dejan a pair, at his request. I suppose he wanted them for showing how not to treat your jeans. ha ha Anyway, I have a Whirlpool Duet front loading washing machine which has a hand wash cycle and this weird fading happens every time. I also only hang dry. I have one more new pair of 47s (which Dejan graciously discounted because I sent him the ruined jeans) which I'll break in shortly; see what happens. Any washing suggestions greatly appreciated.

That has nothing to do with quality. It has to do with care on your end. All selvage raw denim will do that. Wash by hand and air dry.

Lance, I'm really curious about this and the photos aren't showing up, can you repost them?