Levi's Vintage Clothing

Dr.house- too much, is how much I downsized the '33s.

I'm a 33" waist, the jeans were 31.5" dry. After soaking I have to stretch the hell out of them to get them to a 32.5". That works okay, and the seat is roomy enough, but the crotch is far too tight. It can be little awkward when I'm talking to the rich ladies in Pacific Heights about their gardens. I've gotten a few pinched-looking expressions after a glance downwards. I'm talking Starsky & Hutch tight.

I ate a bunch of birthday cake last week (not my own) and now every time I sit down in my truck I risk a blowout. Not so comfortable. I'm determined to wear them until I get good fades, though. After that I'll never go so far below actual waist size again, if at all.

Rivethead- the hat is a Brixton.

Hehe, thanks. Can't +rep you...Be careful with that Gran Torino, Hutch ;) !

Could someone (Paul T most likely) what is the slimmest cut of lvc from 1901-33? Thanks

The originals were all work waist overalls so non are slim. The LVC 555 1937 201 was about the slimmest of the early year LVCs. They were a fictional model and were also cut slimmer than any of LVCs other early repros.

I know none of them are horriblly slim, I just like suspender buttons and cinches. I'm getting some money soon and why the fuck not?! Or maybe some freedom midnight or chinos. Thanks for all the help. I really like back left pockets (I'm guess you all could tell).

Rivets with leather washers for attaching the pocket strap

2010-08-02034.jpg

Thanks entertainment, looks great! The leather washers are a nice touch. The jacket looks to be a lot more wearable than the duck jumper (though PaulT makes it look good).

IMG_9031.jpg

I just ordered that too, thanks for the link Rivethead. Can't wait to see it.

They are from the 2008 LVC season. They are made in the US and in brand new condition. They have been worn 5 times, but are sadly too big and way too long for me. I hate to hem a pair of pre washed pants, the hems and roping never look as good as the original.

SIzed 34x34.

Measure at a 33 1/2" waist and 33 3/4" length.

12" front rise.

8 1/4" leg opening.

I have a few pictures of them on my flicker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/attackwithstones/4582046488/

I'd like $100 for em. Rather someone on here get them than dealing with ebay.

Guest redchris

Hello, can I ask for opinions of the Japanese LVCs ?

I've had an LVC habit since I bought a pair of 1873 1st Blue Jeans back in 1999 and been through the halcyon days of TK Tatt selling Valencia St for £24.99.

Stupidly I have sold almost every pair on ebay over the years and I am now left with only the 1873.

I have always reserved my Japanese purchasing for their own take on Levi's: Canes, SDA's etc. However my heart is pining for a pair of 1944 501s

Is the Japanese LVC comparable with that early Valencia st?

I've had LVC Japan '33s and '44s. I liked them both and they were/are of comparable quality to US made ones. The Japanese models don't seem to be made from as carefully reproduced denim with regards to weight, texture and color, but the denim is nice nonetheless. If you aren't a stickler for those particular qualities, go for it.

I actually liked that my LVCJ '44s seemed to be of a heavier denim.

I have LVC Japan 33's, 44's, 47's and a type 2 jacket. I tend to prefer LVC Japan and find the little details better, IMHO.

On the 44's you'll find the same colour thread used throughout rather the two shades I think is used on US/EU LVC. The leather patch, rivets and buttons also I really like. On my 44's they had a really hairy denim quality and I think the selvage is more pronounced. Best of all LVC Japan denim wears beautifully IMO.

So I stop by my local wardrobe resale place as I do about once every 4 months or so, as mostly they have nothing....

So I stop in and see all jeans are half off. I go through everything... diesel, gap, polo, a few levis, stuff I've never heard of and then I see these...

DSC04810.jpg

Levis 201's! 555's from 4/99! I just about had to change my own pants right there.

Half off of what? I check.. $18.00... Again, I check my pants... I'm holding a pair of 201's in my size that I can buy for $9.00! From the show Ghost Whisperer...

If only they were raw, but beggar's can't be choosers.

now the pics...

DSC04807.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04811.jpg

DSC04813.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

oh, and I'm cleaning out the closet... lots of Levi's for sale in bigger sizes 34-36 waist... click on my stuff for sale.

No, I believe the 524 to be from late 70's/early 80's (one of the last redlines?) But I could be wrong.

06082010638.jpg

06082010639.jpg

This is my redline selvedge jeans from 1983 as indicates on inside tag. #555 back button which normally associate with LVC repros. I believe this are the last redlines produced in Valencia St factory.

Compared to #524 redlines, #555 got slightly different back pocket cut probably from different cutting block.

To me the best redlines are 'Redline '66' from end of 60s or early 70s with #2 or #6 back button as pictured here:

14082010679.jpg

12082010668.jpg