Levi's Vintage Clothing

Dr house,

I strongly recommend the 1915s. I have a measured waist of 35 and I got a 32w which measure 35 raw. Normally this works pretty well for me, like the sc47 and lvc 1937 but the 1915 does has pretty slim thighs. I think the fit looks good on my pair but I think if I could do it over I'd get a 33 for more comfort.

Yes I too would highly recommend the 1915s. The denim is just amazing.

Thanks!

Dr house,

I strongly recommend the 1915s. I have a measured waist of 35 and I got a 32w which measure 35 raw. Normally this works pretty well for me, like the sc47 and lvc 1937 but the 1915 does has pretty slim thighs. I think the fit looks good on my pair but I think if I could do it over I'd get a 33 for more comfort.

What's your true waist if you don't mind me asking?

What's everyone else think of this new "project" (ad campaign) by Levi?

http://us.levi.com/shop/index.jsp?clickid=header_explore&categoryId=2929279

I'm struggling to find anything positive about it, but it could just be jaded, crusty me.

Funny how they show a small town like that without looking at the exportation of jobs. Levis is guilty of this shit as well. It seems like they are commercializing poverty which they helped create.

Thanks, I'm afraid I need 'em in 30" tagged in this case...:(

Do you need a longer inseam then 32? Cause cultizm has a 30/32. What's your measured waist? Cause if you're a 34 I'd say go ahead and get the 32w

This, from Mike, is a pair of early cinches.

My apple Mail is playing up' I believe that one is early, circa 1874, without a rivet. The second dates from circa 1879 and is riveted.

THis fact alone adds to our knowledge of early Levi's. According to Mike, the very earliest jeans were riveted at the pockets etc - but not at the cinch. Over the first few eyars the stitcing changed, with more cross-stitching for added strength, before the rivet is finally added to the cinch.

cinchpair.jpg

This early waistband, without the rivet, predates Levi's 'Nevada' jeans. Miek sent a photo of more waistbands whcih I'll add as soon as I can.

This is perhaps the most informative new photo we've ever had posted on this thread. From Mike, again.

"One is missing from the big line up, 5 different phases, always progressing and getting stronger until they were riveted. I have the number two progression next to the number three in a separate picture here."

Cinch evolution:

cinchevolutionbig.jpg

This, I assume, is progression 2 next to number 3:

cinchpairbig.jpg

Awesome, thanks for posting mike's stuff. Cant wait for the book, and any more info He may share.

I never ever thought I'd see anything as early a some of these waistbands.

I wonder how much of this new info has leaked back to the Ls&co camp...?

I sent over 100 photos and information years ago. I also sent two 1870's waist bands.

Mike: Incredible!

Have you seen any Levi's without a yoke like the recent 1873 duck pants?

The ones in the picture that show enough beneath the waistband all seem to have yokes. (BTW, it's funny how the bleached out denim almost looks like brown duck.)

Never seen any thing like this before, I would like to see pictures of this pant.

Do they claim to be Levi's?? I have the oldest Neustadter standard pant with two by one fabric, it has no yoke. (I have seen a lot of bleached denim that I often mistake for duck fabric).

I have a possible explanation for the 70 year tag not adding up. In the early 1940's Levi trademarked the arcuate stitch. Levi said they had been using the arcuate since 1873, but the arcuate stitch was not used on the 1873 pieces that I have. The later advertisements (after the fires destroyed the history of the company) were not always accurate.

I have a possible explanation for the 70 year tag not adding up. In the early 1940's Levi trademarked the arcuate stitch. Levi said they had been using the arcuate since 1873, but the arcuate stitch was not used on the 1873 pieces that I have. The later advertisements (after the fires destroyed the history of the company) were not always accurate.

Also, according to Levis, they thought the company was going since 1850 (celebrating the 100 years anniversary with special tags on their 501's in 1950), but in the 1970's IIRC they sifted through company material and found out that it was in fact 1873.

So did Levis ever get excited like us about the stuff you sent them?

(thanks for all the photos via Paul btw)

Also, according to Levis, they thought the company was going since 1850 (celebrating the 100 years anniversary with special tags on their 501's in 1950), but in the 1970's IIRC they sifted through company material and found out that it was in fact 1873.

So did Levis ever get excited like us about the stuff you sent them?

(thanks for all the photos via Paul btw)

No one got excited, who is the IIRC? What did they sift through? Glad you liked the photos.