Levi's Vintage Clothing

Nice, any pictures of the original pant with the patch? A pant from 1873 would not have this wording. Levi made only pants for the first year. This wording probably changed 3 times. I have early 1874, 1875, 1876 and 1877 waist bands. The patch got bigger through the years. To bad levi used leather and not cloth. Most of my labels are gone or you can't read them.

So what does Levi's call this model now?

4764969699_60c1857f4c_o.jpg

4765606590_69157113cd_o.jpg

4764969947_9051c5ceda_b.jpg

The details of this vintage pair posted by roy6 seem relatively close to those of my LVC Oldest Oldest, except:

1 The suspender buttons on mine have the same font size for the "S.F. CAL" and it is separated from "LEVI STRAUSS & CO" by stars.

2 No patent date on my rivets, just "LS & Co SF"

3 The lettering on the rivets on the inside is embossed on LVC and seems to be raised on the originals.

that price point is outrageous. if this is the way its gonna be, XX are out of their minds. Looks like my 1915s are gonna be my last LVC for a long time.

I guess I was expecting a new range from XX to be highly priced (555 LVC in 1997 were priced at £200 even then!) but these guys seem to have just increased the price on old stock! And you can go to Aero Leather and get the same jean £100 cheaper!

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?page=displayproduct&subcatid=171&prodid=3325

This whole business is bizarre!

This thread is a novel. It's super amazing/ odd

Pomata

Una bella pomata! I think you could use at least 1.5 to 2 inches more rise. The pants make your torso look longer than your legs ie way out of balance. It makes you look squatter and heavier than you really are. You have a good build to wear clothes, so wear them higher and it will give you great line. And it will look like you made it to the bagno in time.  Sto scherzando…Try a '55 cut, it will do wonders for you.

dsc06485v2.jpg

Pomata,

I think you may kick-off a new cummerbund craze here on Sufi!

Sansome1877

Also, there are these - they are pics of a an '1890' 501xx. They were discovered in an abandoned mine around 2005 and when they were cleaned up, sold for over $60,000 (they are in the guiness book of records as the most expensive jeans ever!)

Here is a pic of when they were discovered -

027.jpg

When they were cleaned up, they could just about read 'Lot 501XX' on the leather label. They also have the pocket-bag text (sorry about the pic) -

028-1.jpg

If the 'guarantee' ticket came out around 1892, and the 501 wording was introduced around 1890, then they must have been manufactured between1890-1892 ??

Sorry dont have any higher res pix.

Good choice Dr, are they the 2010 model?

I love this thread...:)

Yeah Doc, I guess it's the 2010 model (from cultizm).

I've ordered a 32" (no chance for size 31"), I hope they'll turn out right after soak. I didn't want to wait any longer because of the rising price rumors...

Images of america, guarantee ticket page 21, Paul T's book guarantee ticket

page 15, Paul T's book page 22 1908 catalog, please zoom on the xx price list. Lets talk about this

Chill Mike, some of us have (fairly) busy lives.

Right..

Here's Paul T's book p15 guarantee ticket from circa 1908 -

denimphotos005-1.jpg

P22 1908 catalogue -

denimphotos010-1.jpg

denimphotos011-1.jpg

Mike, I dont have the other 'images of america', but I found these -

earliest KNOWN gurantee ticket from the collection of Hitoshi Yamada

denimphotos001-1.jpg

And this from 1893 with 'patent riveted clothing'

denimphotos012-1.jpg

Hope that helps..

Guest Selvage Seb.
anyone have this book?

levi-strauss-history.jpg

Published by Minerva in 93, authors are french? I glanced through it; mostly pictures of ads; not much text; seemed to focus on last decades

I have it, anything specific you need to know about it?

Vintage-inspired would probably be the best way to put it. Not on par in any way with LVC in terms of fabric, construction, etc. But if you're looking for a vintage cut in selvedge fabric (no matter what the quality), they'll do the job.

apologies if this is a repost. Has anyone seen the new selvedge 201s on Levi.com? You can buy them now with a 40% off discount code: ACTIVE2010.

The price comes out to $66.30 shipped for me.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4086257&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854.4305603

I've seen some at Barney's Co-op outlet at the factory stores down by Disney. There are two big outlet malls but only the southern stores have the Barneys. Don't remember what they had since I just looked at the sizes in the stack and they were all smaller than 33 waist so I just walked away.

cheers for the heads up

Yeah, amazing colour, but they can't beat the colour of my favourite jean, my 44's (and sorry for quoting myself guyz :P):

dsci0504.jpg

You won't get it from this pic (50% wet), but they've got a real distinctive, greyish dark blue.

Been hunting for some bargain 55's (got 47's and my fave 66's) but this photo convinced me to bag some 44's. I'll try to get em as tight as poss with a sit in a warm bath as I'm not certain about fit (but sub £100 LVC in the face of £200+ costs was hard to resist).

I have it, anything specific you need to know about it?

Just interested in ads that reference how long double XX has been the standard, ads around the turn of the century.....

Any old catalog pages(in the book) that have info on double XX would be cool too.

Given that the prices seem to be about to skyrocket i think I might stock up on '55s lol. http://www.thethreethreads.com/shop/men/levi_39_s/1955_501_rigid/red_selvage_denim

They are selling them for £93 in their sale, most sizes in stock too.

"The item you have ordered are currently out of stock. This is due to a mistake on our part as any item that shows a QTY on our site should be in stock.

Youre card has been refunded in full."

Have to say I'm totally unimpressed. I may be being unfair here but I don't care, this has really annoyed me!

Chill Mike, some of us have (fairly) busy lives.

Right..

Here's Paul T's book p15 guarantee ticket from circa 1908 -

denimphotos005-1.jpg

P22 1908 catalogue -

denimphotos010-1.jpg

denimphotos011-1.jpg

Mike, I dont have the other 'images of america', but I found these -

earliest KNOWN gurantee ticket from the collection of Hitoshi Yamada

denimphotos001-1.jpg

And this from 1893 with 'patent riveted clothing'

denimphotos012-1.jpg

Hope that helps..

The 1908 catalog puts XX starting in 1878. I add the 35 year

ticket from 1878 and it puts you at 1913, says for over 35 years add two more years. In 1915 levi says that they started looking for other denim sources. The 35 year ticket no longer has 9 oz Amoskeag it says american denim, Linen thread is also off the ticket. If this math is correct that would put the 20 year ticket to 1898?

"The item you have ordered are currently out of stock. This is due to a mistake on our part as any item that shows a QTY on our site should be in stock.

Youre card has been refunded in full."

Have to say I'm totally unimpressed. I may be being unfair here but I don't care, this has really annoyed me!

That's a nightmare. I've ordered from them before without a problem, but when that sort of thing happens it's a kick in the baws.