Levi's Vintage Clothing

Hi all, a guy is selling a "big E" shirt that he says it is vintage and not a later repro. I have a big doubt because the internal label has levi's written with small e, while the red tab on the pocket has a big E. Anyone can explain this inconsistency? Or is it definitely a non-big E original but a later repro as I suppose? Thanks

here is some pic:

1651920216.jpeg

1651920216b.jpeg

1697649076.jpeg

1697649076b.jpeg

1651920216c.jpeg

Edited by Leevi's

• 1 month later...

@generic_guy V stitch or double bar at the fly button area? This would help date them.

Looks to be the larger script for 505 on the patch which along with the redline would put them at late 60's. As the 505 only metamorphed from the 551z in and  around 1967, then these are an early pair from late 60's IMHO. Also that button looks more copper than enamelled, which again is a pre 1969 feature.

I have the new with tag, made in usa 1890, 76, 55 and the farewell to cone mills 55 and type 2 jacket  Just wondering if there is a place you would recommend to sell it?  I am based in Thailand so the cost of shipping might be quite high to europe/america etc.  Thank you

Looks like Lvc are doing a 1942 cinchback model too, although imo the yoke is incorrect on this model. The pocket flasher is correct though and they seem to have sorted out the tab and the arcuate shape too - only 20 years too late but this is lvc after all.

Screenshot_20231204_051826_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231204_051930_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Dr_Heech

2 hours ago, mstax said:

I saw this. I wonder if it’s a complete coincidence for it to happen at the exact same time as FW introduces theirs. 125,000 yen though… And they kept the horrible leather patch 🫣

Well we don't really know the full back story on the pair lvc have copied. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 sets of images of original 1942 501XX which isn't surprising as they were only made for roughly 8 months, and therefore l'm assuming there can't be many in a new with tags condition (there's one deadstock pair posted in the vintage thread, page 25 and some more info on p.27).

I would prefer to know the the back story on the FW pair personally as the lvc pair just stinks of the usual consumerist band wagon jumping bollox that we're all used to 😁

And as you say, that price is hilarious yet probably already sold out. 

Edited by Dr_Heech
To edit

I was an LVC fan until I discovered Japanese denim brands years ago. Now all LVC just look like toys to me, some exceptions. 

I can’t for the life of me understand why people pay so much money for these limited editions. That hand drawn thing, I mean 😆

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up this LVC triple pleat blanket lined jacket for my brother for Christmas. He can't stop telling me how excited he is about it. Grabbed it for $150 which felt like a good deal.

555 on the buttons means Valencia st factory right? Can't find a whole lot of info on this jacket which might make sense if it's old enough to be from that factory. Maybe you guys who are more knowledgeable than me could help me find more info?

20231228_154112.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the jacket is the so called 1879 pleated blouse, which originally never came blanked lined back in the days. and yes it was a late 90s Valencia street repros. years later LVC dropped a pre distressed version of these... and last year LVC put out a none lined version of it as part of their final LVC collection...

btw. some folks here stated LVC is history, but today there was pre announcement on instagram for the 517 bootcut jeans to back end of the week... 

Wow thanks! Looks like it was probably from the 1999 collection based on this post I found just now. 

https://www.denimbro.com/vintage-lvc-catalogs_topic4297.html

Based on the fact Levis was charging $400 for the newest version I'd say I got a hell of a deal on it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I would need help identifying which year this LVC 1955 were produced. I'm also wondering when LVC started to print the product number on the patch, instead of just 501XX, same goes for when they started to print LVC on the pocket bags. These jeans do not have any text in regards to LVC, but when I search for the product number I get results connected to LVC, from what I heard the 50155.01.16 is the standard product number for the unwashed 55s.

I bought them from a seller on the Swedish site Tradera. The denim feels super stiff but they have been washed 2-3 times.

Thanks!IMG_6288.thumb.jpg.2a769c74b7a45e42d709d066d3132ba8.jpgIMG_6290.thumb.jpg.57b218d5d22cf26007d534aa431af63a.jpgIMG_6291.thumb.jpg.c04ad8d6c27fc5f10c7576025ea7073d.jpgIMG_6292.thumb.jpg.69064ff6696464cbe07005c49775234e.jpgIMG_6293.thumb.jpg.92c24dd2636f729dc74f2a837caea031.jpg

Edited by lobster_for_lunch

On 10/19/2023 at 12:07 AM, mousemouse said:

How are the Made in Japan pairs currently being sold by LVC? are these up to par vs the Cone made ones of the past?  

I'd imagine they're not Cone level good, but better than Made in Turkey. But I don't have any first hand experience. Would be great to hear from people that do

^ What do you mean - the denim’s not as good? The construction? Other materials? Everything?

I bought a MiJ Type I in late 2022 but have jet to wear it, however, it looks great to me (denim, other materials and construction), although I don’t have a LVC Type I to compare it to. 

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^ What do you mean - the denim’s not as good? The construction? Other materials? Everything?

I bought a MiJ Type I in late 2022 but have jet to wear it, however, it looks great to me (denim, other materials and construction), although I don’t have a LVC Type I to compare it to. 

Just in general, so yeah everything. But again I don't have any first hand experience with LVC MiJ stuff, so this is purely speculation. I could def be wrong, and in fact would be glad if that were the case. Good to hear you're happy with the MiJ jacket you have tho, that gives me confidence to buy

All I know is the made in Turkey 1984 501s I bought from American Rag were drastically bellow the Cone jeans I have. Like everything, from the denim to the hardware to the construction was atrocious compared to MiUSA LVC