Levi's Vintage Clothing

So I stop by my local wardrobe resale place as I do about once every 4 months or so, as mostly they have nothing....

So I stop in and see all jeans are half off. I go through everything... diesel, gap, polo, a few levis, stuff I've never heard of and then I see these...

DSC04810.jpg

Levis 201's! 555's from 4/99! I just about had to change my own pants right there.

Half off of what? I check.. $18.00... Again, I check my pants... I'm holding a pair of 201's in my size that I can buy for $9.00! From the show Ghost Whisperer...

If only they were raw, but beggar's can't be choosers.

now the pics...

DSC04807.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04811.jpg

DSC04813.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

oh, and I'm cleaning out the closet... lots of Levi's for sale in bigger sizes 34-36 waist... click on my stuff for sale.

COOL! and great buy,,,

I wore mine for 1 year seven months and they barely faded, almost everyday. I guess we are both pussies, or those jeans were stubborn to fade.

So i bought me a pair of 55's and got them last week. Thought i would post some before and after measurements/pics as there wasn't that much info on the recent 55's.

Size 33/34

Presoak:

Waist: 34.5

Front rise: 12.8

back rise: 16.5

Thigh: 12.9

Hem: 8.6

inseam: 33.5

post soak after 1 long hot soak with lots of agitation and another shorter lukewarm soak.

waist: 32

FR: 12.2

BR: 15.2

Thigh: 12.5

Hem: 8.2

Inseam: 31.1

PRESOAK

IMG_6894.jpg

POSTSOAK (and hemmed)

IMG_6903.jpg

PRESOAK

IMG_6897.jpg

POSTSOAK (and hemmed)

IMG_6905.jpg

I'm getting a little tired of cuffing, so i hemmed these to fit me exactly.

BTW, just won an auction for a ticket to see U2 in helsinki on saturday. Guess what my seat number is....that's right 501!

ThinFinn,smittybat,setterman,wgmds,dr.house & airportlobbytx,

I wonder if he's confusing a year of ownership with a year of actual wear?

Other than the back pockets, they look like they've been worn less than a month.

You can say I'm confused. I shouldn't said 'good wear' but yes, I'm not wearing them everyday since I got some other jeans to wear. I normally wear vintage and my '47 was the only LVC left in my collection now.

To maintain the indigo color, I wore them from raw without soaking and wash them once after 6 month. I plan to wash them soon but still I don't want the color fade too fast. I might send them for dry clean.

What should the buttons on LVC 47s look like?

My pair from 2008 are silver colored on the part that says Levi Strauss, but a copper color on just the thin part (the rivet). I've seen 44s and 55s that are a solid silver color for the entire button.

Most descriptions for 47s say they are made from zinc. I am pretty sure zinc is silver colored.

I understand the latest 47s are a solid silver color. No copper color.

What did original's look like? Both ways?

So i bought me a pair of 55's and got them last week. Thought i would post some before and after measurements/pics as there wasn't that much info on the recent 55's.

Size 33/34

Presoak:

Waist: 34.5

Front rise: 12.8

back rise: 16.5

Thigh: 12.9

Hem: 8.6

inseam: 33.5

post soak after 1 long hot soak with lots of agitation and another shorter lukewarm soak.

waist: 32

FR: 12.2

BR: 15.2

Thigh: 12.5

Hem: 8.2

Inseam: 31.1

PRESOAK

IMG_6894.jpg

POSTSOAK (and hemmed)

IMG_6903.jpg

PRESOAK

IMG_6897.jpg

POSTSOAK (and hemmed)

IMG_6905.jpg

I'm getting a little tired of cuffing, so i hemmed these to fit me exactly.

BTW, just won an auction for a ticket to see U2 in helsinki on saturday. Guess what my seat number is....that's right 501!

I seriously hope that you didn't hem those after just one soak.

The 4 pairs of 47s I've owned over the years have all been much slower and harder to break in than say the 55s. I think Paul even commented on this a while back. The new ones seem to be no exception. I did a soak on these new ones but I can tell you from my experience they do break in faster if you wear'm raw.

I seriously hope that you didn't hem those after just one soak.

No, i didn't. i hemmed them after the second soak. And it wasn't just soaks, more like hand washing without detergent, lots of agitation.

And in those post soak pics i actually have a small cuff on them and they are pulled up. i can still loose some more in the length.

No, i didn't. i hemmed them after the second soak. And it wasn't just soaks, more like hand washing without detergent, lots of agitation.

And in those post soak pics i actually have a small cuff on them and they are pulled up. i can still loose some more in the length.

They will shrink for probably 10 wet to dry cycles Usually take 4 at least to get most of the shrinkage out especially in the length because nothing is going to stretch them back at all. So you might wind up with some capris.

The 4 pairs of 47s I've owned over the years have all been much slower and harder to break in than say the 55s. I think Paul even commented on this a while back. The new ones seem to be no exception. I did a soak on these new ones but I can tell you from my experience they do break in faster if you wear'm raw.

The denim on the 1947 is noticeably different to the 55 (and even the 44, I'd say). It definitely takes more time to settle in and look its best.

They had some 1944 jeans in Cinch with faulty stitching - so they cut them off for shorts. So guess what I was wearing over my vacation? I'll spare you shots of my knobbly knees, but the denim is wonderful. Mine were oversized, so I gave then a 75 degree wash and lost well over two inches in the waist; the denim closed up and became much darker. It too seems to crock more quickly than the 47, altho the kayaking and repeated immersions in rivers etc might have had some effect too...

The denim on the 1947 is noticeably different to the 55 (and even the 44, I'd say). It definitely takes more time to settle in and look its best.

They had some 1944 jeans in Cinch with faulty stitching - so they cut them off for shorts. So guess what I was wearing over my vacation? I'll spare you shots of my knobbly knees, but the denim is wonderful. Mine were oversized, so I gave then a 75 degree wash and lost well over two inches in the waist; the denim closed up and became much darker. It too seems to crock more quickly than the 47, altho the kayaking and repeated immersions in rivers etc might have had some effect too...

Welcome back Paul, hope you had a good break.

Have almost forgot about this thread since Mr harris came on the scene (such a fantastic book btw)

I went one size up on my 2010 44's and now they're pretty snug after only one soak so alas have gone into hibernation for now.

Beautifull denim and details.

My friend took this at the SF headquarters so I thought I would share it. The air-tight fire safe holds 2 million dollars worth of vintage Levi's jeans.

40843_416446740915_500395915_5305245_317964_n.jpg

If that's two million dollars worth of jeans, they wanna spend a few bucks on some new shelving, as some of those upper ones look rather wonky.

Hi Paul,

I agree with you and airfrogusmc - the denim is quite stubborn to fade. FYI, I just wash mine for 2nd time but still not much different. With the fading rate on my '47 right now, I think it will take another year or more to look better. I even used little softener to break them. ;)

Hi Paul,

I agree with you and airfrogusmc - the denim is quite stubborn to fade. FYI, I just wash mine for 2nd time but still not much different. With the fading rate on my '47 right now, I think it will take another year or more to look better. I even used little softener to break them. ;)

Hi Paul,

Oh man the less time they spend in water the better. Softener... OUCH.... sorry man but ya just gotta be patient. The stiffness is what gives ya those killer whiskers and combs.

Hi Paul,

Oh man the less time they spend in water the better. Softener... OUCH.... sorry man but ya just gotta be patient. The stiffness is what gives ya those killer whiskers and combs.