Levi's Vintage Clothing

I believe Dwight Yoakam is wearing some LVC (1901s I believe) in the movie South of Heaven, West of Hell. Don't quote me on that though.

Lovely photos, Allen.

As I mentioned after that CInch party, LVC had to find an old Russian loom to weave that fabric, and also had to locate extra short-staple cotton to recreate the original, which used recycled fibres in the yarn.

There you go again, name droppin. Paul C... Paul what? "Paul C" the C is for connections. Haha.

Is there anyone Television or Movies with Levi's Vintage Clothing (like, recent since '96) in it?

Hugh Jackman and Vin Deisel in the 2000 LVC '60s moto jacket. Jackman still (check out the t-shirt) is from Swordfish, the Diesel is from Entertainment Weekly, maybe a publicity still from XXX- don't know if the jacket appears in that movie.

4607930394_1df9e4cf1a_o.jpg

4607320271_22ff94647e.jpg

@PaulT: I think you've fully convinced me to buy some '55s. Although, I'd like to have one pair true sized, and one sized down, true sized for the Brando look (out of sheer respect), sized down for the look I'd prefer for myself. What can I say, I still love slim fitting jeans.

hihi~~

is tis authentic??

"more than second" hand ^^

IMG_5098.jpg

continue~~~

I'm not sure, it doesn't have many of the characteristic fake tell-tales - but they certainly aren't vintage 501, the hems alone are incorrect. Patch, etc, look dodgy. It does look a little like a heavily used version of the Capital E and other recent reissues, which had single-stitched hems.

On balance, I would guess they're fakes; they key tell-tale would be to see the fabric in person, I can't quite tell from the photos. A large, clear photo of the seat area would help.

Patch also looks to be in the wrong place.

The only reason I'm reluctant to label them as definite fakes is that i don't know all the recent selvage issues - there have now been a few. that said, they would probably have complete labelling inside, which these don't. Conversely, most of the fakes try and look more like a vintage jean than this.

Stil think they're fakes - pics of seat and crotch will help nail them .

Hi does any1 know where can I get 1944 501 with pink arcurate?

^One of my alltime favourites, something between workwear and modern jeans. If you want them more modern, go for your regular size. Uh, and here ya go:

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p348_Levi-acute-s-reg--1944-S501XX-Jeans-Rigid.html

(wearing my pair while writing. I love 'em)

Hi does any1 know where can I get 1944 501 with pink arcurate?

cultizm has the 1944 s501 with the pink arcs, but they are mixed in with the 2010 batch which has accurate colored arcs. so you'll want to send an email specifying which pair you desire. I would send that email before you purchase.

How were all yer friends at Raleigh denim the last time you dropped in??

You must have me mixed up with erk. He's a big name dropper too. you guys should get together and have a name drop contest. Hah!

Excuse the shameless plug. Sadly, I have to sell a couple of items out of my denim box:

My 1947 501, and 555 201 are on the Bay. Half price postage for Sufu regulars, or 15% off the sale price if we sell off eBay

'>1922 201 and 1947 501 LVC

555 201 is 33W 33L, should end up 32W 32L approx

1947 501 is 32W 34L, should end up 30-31W, 32L

201back.jpg

1947back.jpg

Nice pairs, but unfortunately too small for me. FYI, on your '47 listing, you wrote that inseam will shrink down to 24" :)

Today I decided the take some photos of my 67 505s since I have been wearing some pre-washed jeans over the past week it was time to get back to working on this contest pair for the cultizm contest. I liked the way these turned out - 5.5 months on these:

lvc_1.jpg

lvc_2.jpg

lvc.jpg

Here's a couple of photos of my old LVC '33 501's after about six years of hard wear. Even though the denim is a lighter weight than other 501's they seem to take the wear quite well. They've only started to tear where the cuff is folded over. One cool feature that LVC captured was the old National Recovery Administration tag from 1933. Also attached is a NRA pin worn by factory workers in 1933 during the Great Depression. The NRA was a government program enacted in June of 1933 as an attempt to stimulate the economy that was rather short lived and is now regarded as a failure. I bought the pin years ago from a antique collector that thought it was an old National Rifle Association pin.

33levisfront.jpg

33levisback.jpg

33LevistagII.jpg

33LevisNRApin.jpg