Levi's Vintage Clothing

union made has a new slim washed jean and i forgot the name, anyone have any info?

Are you talking about the 1955 "pitchfork 2" model? It is a modified 55 cut that has really slim legs and the waist has been lowered. I love the finish but the cut is very slim which I am sure would look awesome on the right person's body type - just not mine, lol. UnionMade also has some washed 44s: "drab" and "Rugged Run" finishes which are both slim-ish.

Like runormal said, the new '54 501 has a Talon zipper, and also the new 551zxx(!). I hadn't noticed that LVC was making a new zxx until I started looking for zippers. They both look really nice.

Really?

They now make a 551zxx and a 501zxx? Surprising but cool anyway. Did they have a date? i.e 1963?

Youre gonna have to take the camera and go back to the shop and get some zipper model pics now Lol

I need to own that sunset shirt. It is bad ass. I love the tunic type shirts that LVC puts out. I have another sunset shirt released a couple seasons ago and the LVC bunkhouse (unwashed) and they are in high rotation.

Anybody know where it is made. The states or turkey?

Have u tried it on yet? I agree its amazing but i tried it on in a store here and the fit is really strange on this one. I know its not meant to be fitted or anything but it hangs really strange. Might just be me i guess, but id be careful before you order it online. I REALLY wanted it from the pics esp with the box but when i tried it i was like meh!

Really?

They now make a 551zxx and a 501zxx? Surprising but cool anyway. Did they have a date? i.e 1963?

Youre gonna have to take the camera and go back to the shop and get some zipper model pics now Lol

Dr_Heech, they definitely had two different zippered models, but I may be mistaken about one being the 551, as I didn't realize the 501 models also had the "zxx" label. I'm about 80% sure.

Runormal, why don't you go in and take some pictures? I think the Unionmade guys might be getting sick of me coming in to take pics and not buying anything! (Joke- they are actually supernice.)

LVC does have a strange distribution model- I didn't know they were making the spring-bottoms in this run until the Farinelli's link popped up, and the altered '55s are a surprise to me too.

Dr_Heech, they definitely had two different zippered models, but I may be mistaken about one being the 551, as I didn't realize the 501 models also had the "zxx" label. I'm about 80% sure.

Runormal, why don't you go in and take some pictures? I think the Unionmade guys might be getting sick of me coming in to take pics and not buying anything! (Joke- they are actually supernice.)

LVC does have a strange distribution model- I didn't know they were making the spring-bottoms in this run until the Farinelli's link popped up, and the altered '55s are a surprise to me too.

I have a pair of the 501Z XX with Talon 42 zipper. I ordered them late March from cultizm. I've only tried them on once, as I'm trying to wear in some other pairs of jeans.

Planning a trip there sometime this week to get a jump start on spending my tax return - will def bring my camera/phone with me when I do!

I found a link for the 55 Pitchfork 2 model here and another here which you can compare to the 47 to see how slim they really are.

I am surprised they would modify such a classic like the 55 - and the modified cut is SLIM like hard time getting your leg into the jeans slim. I noticed a 54 drab wash online as well which looks like a nice slim jean so maybe LVC is exploring the slim fit washed jean market - I wonder if they would ever issue the modified 55 in a raw version?

I found a link for the 55 Pitchfork 2 model here and another here which you can compare to the 47 to see how slim they really are.

Kinda dissappointing seeing them put their effort into items like that. I'd much rather see the shape of '54 501Z corrected, and the '55 turned into a '54 model with an offset back loop and leather patch. I can understand the pre-distressed models, though from watching cultizm the past year and seeing so many of the distressed jeans (and pre-1930s models) go on sale I have to wonder how popular they actually are. What I don't get though it taking a historical line and radically changing the cut or shape of some of the models. Leave crap like that for the standard Levi's line.

^That's true, changing cuts in the new stocks is pretty whack. I've got no problem with a good worked prewashed LVC (got a 54 and they look awesome), as long as they look authentic and made after an old original (at least they say they do). But a change in the cut sounds absurd on a original repro.

The distressing on the pitchforked models is quite nice (well done) if thats your thing, They even come with wallet fades, but the cut sucks imo. I tried a pair on and they are so tight on the ankles practically impossible to wear with any shoes, and whilst im all for different cuts for different styles they really shouldnt use these in the vintage line. For one its misleeding as this isnt the original cut of these models.

Like runormal said, the new '54 501 has a Talon zipper, and also the new 551zxx(!). I hadn't noticed that LVC was making a new zxx until I started looking for zippers. They both look really nice.

My bad, I mistook the '67 505 for a '63 551. It does have a Talon zipper, though.

^That's true, changing cuts in the new stocks is pretty whack. I've got no problem with a good worked prewashed LVC (got a 54 and they look awesome), as long as they look authentic and made after an old original (at least they say they do). But a change in the cut sounds absurd on a original repro.

I was thinking more about this today, ironic that the 55 which is looser and more anti-fit than the 47, yet this type 2 makes the 47 look baggy and aside from the card stock patch I don't know what else the type 2 owes to the original 55 cut? Maybe if they did an original 55 cut could be interesting to check out. I got a pair of the 44 drab washed and I think they look great so I'm not opposed to pre-washed lvc but the cut is just as important like you mention

Non-distressed chinos? Is this a new release??? Are these available anywhere in the US?

Are you talking about these? UnionMade has this version - they have light paint stains and wear like the bottom photo shows.

Took a couple pictures of my contest 1955s at lunch. Tougher than my Full Counts to accurately photograph. Color is darker than it appears in the full length photos, and the wear that is starting at the whiskers shows up much better in person. I'd guess close to 60 days of wear.

000_0013-3.jpg

000_0014-2.jpg

000_0016-2.jpg

so the other day I was thinkin about the leg opening on my 1915s - according to my measurements and Joe from cultizm the hem measured 9" raw.

this is a little narrow for me. I feel like a larger hem just looks better on me.

anyways, I was thinkin, what if next time I just got a couple sizes up? that would give me an overall looser fit, which would be nice and comfy and it should solve my problem of the narrow hem.

well, I dont know anything about pattern cutting but according to the measurements joe sent me the 1915 has the same leg opening from 32/36 all the way up to 34/36. how does that make sense?

so the other day I was thinkin about the leg opening on my 1915s - according to my measurements and Joe from cultizm the hem measured 9" raw.

this is a little narrow for me. I feel like a larger hem just looks better on me.

anyways, I was thinkin, what if next time I just got a couple sizes up? that would give me an overall looser fit, which would be nice and comfy and it should solve my problem of the narrow hem.

well, I dont know anything about pattern cutting but according to the measurements joe sent me the 1915 has the same leg opening from 32/36 all the way up to 34/36. how does that make sense?

A good question. But if you look at the larger sizes of jeans we've had on here, they look more tapered; it seems to be the case, then, that different waist sizes are same dimensions most likely from the knee down.

And for the most part everybody's feet/ankles are the same width (+/- a few cm).

of a LVC team member showing the original red Sunset shirt that just showed up at oki-ni.

Someone posted this link before, but I don't remember who, sorry.

And for the most part everybody's feet/ankles are the same width (+/- a few cm).

this may be true, but if you look at measurements on BiG's site, lets just say the 1947 Sugar Cane, leg openings begin at 8.5 for size 28 and end with 10.25 for size 38. the same goes for most japanese brands available from blue in green.

to me it seems silly for Levi's to work this way, if that is indeed true. I need to measure my brother's pair of 1937 501s against mine...hes a big guy.

perhaps this is something I can ask Victor and his pattern maker (used to work for levi's) at Raleigh denim.

I just picked up a pair of LVC 501xx 47's for $115 CAD on sale from $225. I'm not familiar with the pricing of these but it seems like a pretty good deal to me. Anyone care to confirm/deny this assesment?

They are soaking as we speak. Pretty excited.

after hot washing my '66 it seems almost all the starch/stiffness has been soaked out, would this affect the fading process? should i just wear em or should i spray a liquid starch to stiffen them up and help the creases settle in better?