Levi's Vintage Clothing

funny, the sell lvc stuff from the last two seasons on at the regular levis flagship store in berlin... right now we have about 4-5 shops around where you can find lvc and more shops for other dry denim... vintage workstyle apparel is very popular these days, at every corner you can see guys wearing stetson newsboy caps, pea coats, raw denim jeans and of course red wing boots... it becomes nearly boring...

in the Flagship Store in Berlin the employees are very unfriendly. When I went there, they said i must't go downstairs to the LVC stuff. This would be a pricy collection (xD) and only the employees could go there.

This sounds like it's like a hidden treasure that noone could ever see. Misterious...

in the Flagship Store in Berlin the employees are very unfriendly. When I went there, they said i must't go downstairs to the LVC stuff. This would be a pricy collection (xD) and only the employees could go there.

This sounds like it's like a hidden treasure that noone could ever see. Misterious...

that's just cause steve jobs warned them about you.

:P

@ThomasK: my experience in the flagship store in Berlin (about half a year ago) was totally different. They were very friendly, and the guy got really excited when he found out that I know about LVC

I went in as a civvie, and they were wonderful; friendly and really knew their stuff. Offered to buy my Big E jacket, too...

I think they are setting up dealers in the US; as far as I remember, more in the way of specialsed independent outlets rather than mainly Levi's stores as before. Obviously they need more informed sales people than was the case previously.

Unlike the EU/Asia, there;s just not that much of a market for vintage inspired stuff in the US. Twenty something Brits and especially Japanese go gaga over anyting Americana related and will pay dearly for it whether it's worth it or not -- Americans don't. So the formation of XX focusing on a more viable market overseas is probably a brilliant profitable move by Levi's.

If it turns out that Americans are limited to buying LVC from EU vendors I guarantee with currency exchange rates, high shipping cost plus the higher overhead having a US made product being managed overseas, what's now a 185-250 USD jean will bump up to around 285-350 USD. Too, having such an American classic now being designed, marketed and distrubuted in EU -- far removed from its American roots -- is a bit of a turn off for me.

In the end though, if that;s what it takes to keep the LVC brand alive while improving quality and service, I can live w/ these changes.

I

Paul

Just recieved my SC 1947 (older version - red tab + arcs) from Japan. I have to say that after close inspection (..and I know they're not Levis) they seem to look more to me like original early vintage Levis, more so than the LVc 1947, especially the cut. The pocket linings, hidden rivet tops and stitch colour combo are awesome. This is my first purchase of non-Lvc (other than Lee and bluebell) and probably not my last.

Quality/craftsmanship-wise, Sugar cane are head and shoulders above Lvc.

Lvc should hang their heads in shame.

I think there's a Sugar Cane thread around here somewhere...

Paul

Just recieved my SC 1947 (older version - red tab + arcs) from Japan. I have to say that after close inspection (..and I know they're not Levis) they seem to look more to me like original early vintage Levis, more so than the LVc 1947, especially the cut. The pocket linings, hidden rivet tops and stitch colour combo are awesome. This is my first purchase of non-Lvc (other than Lee and bluebell) and probably not my last.

Quality/craftsmanship-wise, Sugar cane are head and shoulders above Lvc.

Lvc should hang their heads in shame.

i think you´re talkin about buttenheim, but theres another bigger shop near the zoo, it´s better, if want to a look at the collection without been disturbed by stupid staff ;)

Guest jbone45
4228067639_4ea8ea6e81.jpg

I'm wearin em right now. I'm gonna have to get one of those cinches from river junction cause this one is totally worthless. I've got a bit of a muffin top now, but they will stretch out nicely.

I'm glad to see you like them, Erk. Wear them hard and keep us updated on how they're evolving.

Those are cool jeans erk, I plan on haveing a pair too this year at some point. What's your actual waist size (not the jean).

I thought about something too regarding the new XX sector of levis and all of our bitchin' about sizeing troubles... the bad new? RRL has always been way off regarding size, as much as I love the label it's true and now that guy will be heading up LVC. I suspect the details will be better maybe, but not necessarily the sizeing. Could turn out that we didn't know how well we had it... just sayin' .

erk, they look great. do you have postsoak measurements?

**pre soak:

tagged 32x36

waist: 35

inseam: 36.75

knee: 10

hem: 9

thigh: 12.25

front rise: 13

back rise: 17

**post soak 1915 501xx tagged 32x36

waist: 34

inseam: 34

knee: 9.5

hem: 8.75

thigh: 12

front rise: 12.5

back rise: 16

soaked for 2hrs in luke warm water then hand washed for about a minute in cold water. I'm trying to minimize the shrinking cause I don't want these to be too tight. so all subsequent washes will be by hand and cold.

wow, those thigh measurements are slimmer than I would have expected.

they're really slim...

way slimmer than my sc 47s and my LVC 37s. I love the fit though. I was concerned about how far apart the pockets are on the back, but it looks fine. i'll post fit pics tomorrow when I get my real camera back.

happy new year everybody!

just realized that i ordered a 1915 last night ( i was a little drunk).as i am not too familiar with this model and i cant find it in the 501 guide-time for an update,Paul?-i would like to get some info.is it the missing link between the 1901 and the 201? whats the difference to the 1927? i know i could find it myself with a little search,but i am drunk again and cannot bother....

Happy NEw Year!

It's more like a later version of the 1901; no belt loops,wide-set, big pockets. But the fabric is different, around this time it also got heavier. Yes, I know I need to update!

I hope you downsized, as they're made a couple of inches over. Where did you buy them?

Oki Ni are showing pretty good prices and seem to have most of the LVC range in stock:

http://www.oki-ni.com/Brands/Levis-Vintage-Clothing/icat/levis