Levi's Vintage Clothing

I probably could have even gone one size up, but I think the seat area wouldn't look as good. You'll also notice the pockets are kinda strangely far apart (sometimes you can see a part of the pocket sticking out when looking straight on) and your wallet will feel weird for the first few days cause it will be so far onto your hip. overall they're probably my favorite fit from LVC. my 1937s are a close second, but it took a while for me to get warmed up to them.

Really is a great fit erk.. so, you say you think you could have gotten away with one size up, (even though you actually sized down to get this fit) ? I think perhaps you could have gone TTS and it would have worked but I'd imagine a one size up would have been way too big - or is TTS what you meant? Your point about the pockets is soo true, and I think it's good to have a snug fit with a pair featureing wide set pockets, otherwise the pockets just accentuate the baggy diaper look, it's sort of the better of two evils. I love all these early models though, so unique in todays world.

here's a new one on me...

I was told today, that I'm know as the "Roll Guy" because I roll my levis...

I also wear a hat everyday, and not a baseball cap, but a newsboy type cap or a fedora... Everyday, but I'm know as as the Roll Guy cause I have a healthy roll my my jeans...

Could be worst I guess....

... I love all these early models though, so unique in todays world.

Where I live style is dictated by limited offerings from the usual mall rat outlets like GAP/BananaR, JCrew, Abercrombie, Macy's, etc. -- everyone pretty much dresses the same -- LVC are not available w/in a 350 mile radius. When I wear my '33s sporting the selvage, exposed rivets, sus buttons and leather patch people take a second look. On many occasion I've even had young women approach me and say something like, 'excuse me, where did you get those jeans, they are like sooo cool...oooo,aww!' Recently, while waiting for my car being serviced, a woman commented about my '37s, before I knew it I was explaining my vintage jeans to everyone in the waiting room -- they acted like it was some relic from a different age and were amazed that they are made in the USA. So yeah, LVC do stand out plus they're real babe magnets while other designer jeans tend to just blend in with the rest.

Really is a great fit erk.. so, you say you think you could have gotten away with one size up, (even though you actually sized down to get this fit) ? I think perhaps you could have gone TTS and it would have worked but I'd imagine a one size up would have been way too big - or is TTS what you meant? Your point about the pockets is soo true, and I think it's good to have a snug fit with a pair featureing wide set pockets, otherwise the pockets just accentuate the baggy diaper look, it's sort of the better of two evils. I love all these early models though, so unique in todays world.

this all gets so confusing.

my pair were purchased TTS as in, they measured my waist size when I got them. 35. I was just saying I probably could have gone up 1 size and been more comfy at first, but most likely at the cost of a fit with diaper butt and hipflare galore. anyway, they're plenty comfy now.

As Erk points out, at the risk of repetition, with the 1915 TTS means true to MEASURED size. Which is not the size on the tag.

Dr, I haven't seen those Japanese pants before, either. THey look strange; slim fit, and the back pocket looks wrong, as does the colour, although the latter could be down to poor white balance. I'm pretty sure they're different from the new LVC, the fabric is at any rate.

I have a cotton duck bag in the new Cone fabric; it's getting a bit gnarly now, maybe I should give it a wash to get a clue as to how the fabric will wear in.

Dr, I haven't seen those Japanese pants before, either. THey look strange; slim fit, and the back pocket looks wrong, as does the colour, although the latter could be down to poor white balance. I'm pretty sure they're different from the new LVC, the fabric is at any rate.

I have a cotton duck bag in the new Cone fabric; it's getting a bit gnarly now, maybe I should give it a wash to get a clue as to how the fabric will wear in.

Do it! It'll coincide with the forthcoming s/s 2010 collection, be good to see how it washes. Looking forward (with mild trepidation) to the new duck pants and jacket (why are they not doing the waistcoat then?)

Never seen these duck pants before, they're from japan. Shank buttons and no arc...weird. Are they s/s 2010?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LVC-LEVI-1873-DUCK-PANTS-SELVAGE-JEANS-34-BIG-E-501-505_W0QQitemZ220536851262QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item3359054b3e

I've bought from this dude in the past, he's totally legit and constantly surprises me with the items he stocks. I bought a Japanese LVC 1944 from him a while back - decent price too.

Let us know for sure if/when you find out. I visit Nashville fairly often.

I+W is worth coming to visit regardless of LVC stock. I've gotten to be really good friends with the owners because I hang out there and talk jeans so much.

The owners actually started LVC with Levi's and designed and built all of the jeans for quite some time. They also designed and built jeans for RRL, Diesel, Earnest Sewn, and J Crew, and Rogan I believe. Now, they've got their own brand that they build in house. The men's jean, "The Willie" is based on a '47 501. Really incredible jean. They've kind of taken over Nashville. They carry White's Boots, Pendleton, APC, RRL, Brixton Hats, Billy Kirk leathers, Rogan, and assorted handpicked vintage wears, boots, watches, coats, etc.

So yeah, come by. PM me if you're visiting and we'll run over there together.

Wrong leather patch also if they're suppose to be 1873.

Secured Letters patented May 20, 1873

Renewed March 16, 1875

Talking of the duck stuff, here's a book on ebay (which I once owned a copy) with pics of the 1873 duck over-shirt/closed-front jumper and the first pair of duck pants (pics are small but you can enlarge them) These original duck pants are in a massive waist size and have rivets on the back pockets, but not on the cinch, and the original patch, but no arc or yoke (???)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120512248960&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks. I've actually started up a correspondence with the owner, and he's informed me that they placed a big LVC order for Spring and expect it sometime in Feb. Who knows when I'll make it back to Nashville, but I'll let you know when it happens.

Best

I+W is worth coming to visit regardless of LVC stock. I've gotten to be really good friends with the owners because I hang out there and talk jeans so much.

The owners actually started LVC with Levi's and designed and built all of the jeans for quite some time. They also designed and built jeans for RRL, Diesel, Earnest Sewn, and J Crew, and Rogan I believe. Now, they've got their own brand that they build in house. The men's jean, "The Willie" is based on a '47 501. Really incredible jean. They've kind of taken over Nashville. They carry White's Boots, Pendleton, APC, RRL, Brixton Hats, Billy Kirk leathers, Rogan, and assorted handpicked vintage wears, boots, watches, coats, etc.

So yeah, come by. PM me if you're visiting and we'll run over there together.

The owners actually started LVC with Levi's and designed and built all of the jeans for quite some time.....

What are their surnames? AFAIK it was Geir Tendberg and Sylvia Frattini, out of Europe, who were responsible for the first LVC, alongside one more guy from Levi's Japan.

Based on what I've read about them, it appears they've worked in the denim "finishing" business. Maybe that's what he's referring to. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the finished LVC denim was produced in either KY or TN back in the day. Maybe they were associated with that?

What are their surnames? AFAIK it was Geir Tendberg and Sylvia Frattini, out of Europe, who were responsible for the first LVC, alongside one more guy from Levi's Japan.

Based on what I've read about them, it appears they've worked in the denim "finishing" business. Maybe that's what he's referring to. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the finished LVC denim was produced in either KY or TN back in the day. Maybe they were associated with that?

Ah yes, I google'd, Imogene's bro is Bart Sights, who did the finishing on the 'Nevada' and others .

As Erk points out, at the risk of repetition, with the 1915 TTS means true to MEASURED size. Which is not the size on the tag.

Yea, that's what I was trying to point out with my previous post to him. Because when you're a size 35 and have to buy a label size 32, you've had to sized down...JMHO.

Here's a pair of 201 555s that just showed up on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310192785497&_trksid=p2759.l1259) do they pass as legit? Also, my actual waist for raw jeans is a snug yet comfortable 31 (my raw '33s, '37 201s both measure 31 exact and fit perfect), these are actual measure 30W. Am I safe getting these without having them way too tight after shrinkage even with subsequent stretch factored in? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks....

Yes, they're legit. I think the sizing will be fine, too; as I've mentioned before I wear 32, mine are 32 tag size and still extremely roomy.

Edit: on my 55, which I got actual size, I simply cut a piece of wood to length to prevent the waist shrinking, simply to avoid stretching them out. Didn't do that on my 201, but as you're effectively downszing by an inch, that will save the bother of stretching back after a soak (or simply don't soak the waistband).

Yes, they're legit. I think the sizing will be fine, too; as I've mentioned before I wear 32, mine are 32 tag size and still extremely roomy.

I''m more than sure they're legit too, but Paul with all due respect I find it funny that you didn't even need to see any arches at all this time to make your decision... what if they have arches from the '55s in lemon yellow thread?

I''m more than sure they're legit too, but Paul with all due respect I find it funny that you didn't even need to see any arches at all this time to make your decision... what if they have arches from the '55s in lemon yellow thread?

DougC, if you're referring to those 201 fakes I posted pics of awhile back when you say, "...this time to make your decision...", it was obvious those where in fact fakes even w/out the pic of the arcs. Hell, I'm probably one of the least knowledgeable LVC enthusiasts here and I pretty much knew there was something wrong with those, but was not certain and Paul's expertise confirmed my doubts. Paul T and many others here have covered my back on numerous occasions be it w/ fakes, sizing, LVC screw ups, etc. Like I said reassurances and warnings from the experts help newbies like me from getting burned.

Hoping someone can help - thinking of getting either 1927's or 1917's (I've done a search on this thread) and I'm sure I saw somewhere that one of these (I think it was the 1927s weren't particularly well received? Hope someone can clarify this for me. Also I'm confused on sizing - normally I'd go for a 36 but I know these are oversized by about 2 iches and look huge on the Oki ni site pictures so I'm thinking of a w34 - again any tips gratefully received(I can prevent waist shrinage when soaking).

The 1915 DO look much better. The 27 are fine, they are Cone fabric as well, but don't have much to commend them over the 33... they are a bit blue and bland for my taste, the fabric looks more ordinary and the detailing isn't as nice.

Yes, the 15 seem to be made two inches oversize, according to various measurements including erk's, so the 34 should be the equilvalent of yer normal 36.

I do add, with this and with eletrum, that fit is a personal thing, so this is just my opinion. I am fallible in all respects (apart from spotting crappy fake Thai jeans).

Hoping someone can help - thinking of getting either 1927's or 1917's (I've done a search on this thread) and I'm sure I saw somewhere that one of these (I think it was the 1927s weren't particularly well received? Hope someone can clarify this for me. Also I'm confused on sizing - normally I'd go for a 36 but I know these are oversized by about 2 iches and look huge on the Oki ni site pictures so I'm thinking of a w34 - again any tips gratefully received(I can prevent waist shrinage when soaking).

Both models are about 2.5-3 inches bigger than tag size. With the 27 - I wear a 33/4 waist, got the 36 tagged, they measured 39.5! So I got Will at Aero to measure the right size and He sent me the 32 size waist. A pre-soak and two good washes and they measure 34-35!

I also have constantly moaned, er.. critisized about the details on this model... But they're growing on me now.

WHoops, there you go, sorry! I have 1915 on the brain. The 1917 do look good too, I know they are oversized but I'm not certain if they're as big as the 1915. The fabric on those is Kurabo and looks good, for my money nicer than the 1927, althou I haven't seen them worn in. In some respects these will be historically interesting, as they will be among the last LVC using Kurabo denim.