Levi's Vintage Clothing

they did but no sizes posted!

i communicated with dejan friday about the 55's. i don't think they have them yet, or at least that's what i gleaned from the answers i received. i asked if i could go ahead and keep the 67's i had gotten on thursday until they restock the 55's -- even if it took a few weeks. the good people at cultizm told me it wouldn't be a problem. if they had them around i'm sure i would have been told that

Anyone have any interest in a pair of LVC 501 47's in a size 32x34? They are brand new, never worn outside but they were soaked.

Sizing on these has been difficult. These ended up too small for me after I soaked them. I still have the tags, but they aren't attached because I soaked them.

They are brand new. The retarded sizing with LVC's has screwed me here. My loss is your gain. These will be on the B&S forum in the next few days. PM me if you want dibs on them.

Looking for some 501XX 1947's...I normally wear size 35 in Samurai 5000VX 17oz and 35 in 710's 19oz.

I know LVC sizing seams to be all fubar'd so can anyone give me an idea of what size to get?

someone said to get a baggier look like the Samurai 5000's to get either 36, 38 cause they run small and they will shick about 1.5 inches on a hot soak but then stretch back to stock or a little bigger so that being stated i am thinking size 36....

Any help guys?

i have a pair of s/s 09 47's size 36 that were definitely not undersized. they were slightly over 36 pre-soak, and shrunk to 34ish after two hot soaks and a very brief spin in the dryer. a longwinded way of saying the 36s do come 36, unlike the smaller sizes that should measure under tag size presoak.

i have a pair of s/s 09 47's size 36 that were definitely not undersized. they were slightly over 36 pre-soak, and shrunk to 34ish after two hot soaks and a very brief spin in the dryer. a longwinded way of saying the 36s do come 36, unlike the smaller sizes that should measure under tag size presoak.

So how much did they stretch beyond 36 after the hot soak?

they stretched from about 34 to 36.5 in no time at all. i fucking hate lvc sizing. i wish they made a size 37 -- 37s that would shrink to 35 after soak. instead, i have to decide between 36 which will end up a little too snug, and 38 which will be too large. i'm not looking forward to sizing the 55s. i've heard that they are 3" larger than tag pre-soak, which would be nice. if they are only 2" larger i'm gonna run into the same old problems

very nice fit erk

What he said.

Although they look pretty slim (slimmer than say, the '37), but nice to see some pics of this model.

Will be interesting to see various fit-pics of this model and the 1917's as they progress through the Lvc/Cultizm/Evo threads over the next year or two.

Erk, I know you got the buckle sorted - but are you gonna don some braces to help with the muffin top issue?

:D

What he said.

Although they look pretty slim (slimmer than say, the '37), but nice to see some pics of this model.

Will be interesting to see various fit-pics of this model and the 1917's as they progress through the Lvc/Cultizm/Evo threads over the next year or two.

Erk, I know you got the buckle sorted - but are you gonna don some braces to help with the muffin top issue?

the buckle isnt actually sorted out yet. I've got it good enough for right now. the tines wont go through the denim cause the buckle is so stupid, but I've got the denim pinned by the tines at least. I just have to keep tabs on the back part to make sure it doesnt slip out of the denim loop deal.

the muffin top isnt a problem anymore. it just took a couple of days to stretch out haha.

the new buckle is on order along with a set of braces. both from river junction. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to wear the suspenders, that might be a little much. but we'll see.

Damn hoss, those fit perfect. So you got those in your actual measured W 35 and they shrank to 34 after soak? Getting actual measured waist always works for me, that way you're always left with just enough room for stretching after shrinkage while maintaining the integrity of the classic cut. Imo, if they were any looser/baggier you wouldn't be able to appreciate the unique form/cut that the '15 offers. They are slick as hell in every way and will wear in nicely -- keep us posted on progress.

4245631722_a7a0e25142.jpg

Yo DocHeech, what the hell's a muffin top? My '33s kinda bulge/balloon out a bit along the upper rear, muffin top same thing?? Erks don't appear to have anything I would consider an issue.

A muffin top is what Erk had after eating to much xmas pud. It's the bulge of skin/fat/tissue which hangs, though doesn't quite go all the way over the waist band of the jeans. This where the braces help.

I am no stranger to the MT either.

Yo DocHeech, what the hell's a muffin top? My '33s kinda bulge/balloon out a bit along the upper rear, muffin top same thing?? Erks don't appear to have anything I would consider an issue.

muffin2.jpg

just think of your gut as the top and your pants as the bottom...squeezing your fat over the top of your pants.

a combination of stretching and the end of the holidays has resolved my issue.

I think they are setting up dealers in the US; as far as I remember, more in the way of specialsed independent outlets rather than mainly Levi's stores as before. Obviously they need more informed sales people than was the case previously.

I work at a shop in San Francisco called Unionmade.

We are getting a large batch of LVC later this month (from what I've been told by the owner)

I don't know many specifics yet but I will post info as soon as I get it.

I, for one, am very excited!

That is awesome, I have been meaning to check out the Unionmade store and the LVC would be a great reason to do just that.

My father worked for Levi's in the city for 28 years until the massive lay-offs that happened in the late 90s. With the Levi's history being strong in the city in only seems fitting that the LVC line be available somewhere in it right? lol....

What he said.

My 1915s are starting to really look killer. Another month and I'll post some new photos. A soak after 6 months then i'll get some photos probably mid Feb. My 1915s are slimmer than my 1917s and the denim is AMAZING.

my 1915s arrived today and iam pretty sure i got the size right.compared to my 1901 they look a lot better.they have the correct patch,all the sewing is done much cleaner and the fit is more flattering,even unsoaked.cant wait to shrink them but i have to wait til the wife is working next weekend...

My 1915s are starting to really look killer. Another month and I'll post some new photos. A soak after 6 months then i'll get some photos probably mid Feb. My 1915s are slimmer than my 1917s and the denim is AMAZING.

Yeah, I kinda wish I'd kept mine now... I was just really fed up with all the mistakes. Plus I've got too many on rotation as it is

Keep looking at my 1880 knappave. Love the denim pockets on that model. Has anyone got any fit-pics of the knappave?

my 1915s arrived today and iam pretty sure i got the size right.compared to my 1901 they look a lot better.they have the correct patch,all the sewing is done much cleaner and the fit is more flattering,even unsoaked.cant wait to shrink them but i have to wait til the wife is working next weekend...

hell yes. I can't wait til you shrink them either. why you gotta wait til your wife is gone? would she have to punish you for your drunken indulgence?

mine were also quite flattering even when raw. they were just a tiny bit loose around the waist. I probably could have even gone one size up, but I think the seat area wouldn't look as good. You'll also notice the pockets are kinda strangely far apart (sometimes you can see a part of the pocket sticking out when looking straight on) and your wallet will feel weird for the first few days cause it will be so far onto your hip. overall they're probably my favorite fit from LVC. my 1937s are a close second, but it took a while for me to get warmed up to them.

I posted this in the contest pics thread - but maybe some people will care about it here too.

a semi-acceptable pic of the 1915s.

4248629545_acd4cb8d90.jpg

darn it appears oki-ni and asos are both out of stock of the 30-34 1915s.

What type of fit would one get if they went TTS on the 1915s (32x34 is my TTS)? I know they are about 2 sizes oversized based on Erks measurements.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Levis-Vintage-1915-501-Cone-Mills-Jeans/invt/lev0065den

http://www.asos.com/Levis-Vintage/Levis-Vintage-1915-Xx501-Straight-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=790811&cid=8740&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Rigid