Levi's Vintage Clothing

i posted this in small questions to no avail...

im looking for a plain white LVC 'grandad' tee, i think its from a few seasons back. cant find it anywhere, does anyone know where might sell old stock or had anyone seen it before??

help!

Dunno where you from, check this:

http://www.frontlineshop.com/index.php?screen=ga.product&TreeNodeID=475901&VariantTreeNodeID=475835

It was the 1917 which was a one off- had J-crew rivets-backs!

The 1915s looked ok, and the denim is awesome, but the buckle, slghtly smaller than normal (and badly-stitched)patch, slimmer-fit, weird back pocket shapes and suspender buttons placed too close together drove me to say enough was enough.

So i sent them both back.

Would have sent the 27's back too, but I'd added another row of stitching on the top of the back pockets.

No problem with my leather patch in fact the leather is as nice as my favs 1933s 555 leather. They haven't left my bod much for 5 months and they look incredible. I will post photos after the first soak at 6 months if I can hold out.

DougC, I don't take too kindly to people arbitrarily telling me what to do or how I should think, I'm a bit of a hot head so my first instinct is to rip you a new ass hole,

Stop it please... I almost sprewed milk all over the keyboard on that one. What do I care, do whatever you and Paul decide then..

Yeah, my only problem with the 15s was the cinch buckle and that was easily fixed. I'm really liking the 15s, and I certainly wouldn't describe the fit as "slim" in any way.

Well, opinions differ re: details, but I'm glad there are a few people here who are wearing 'em, will be good to see how they wear/fade. The denim is incredible. Hope they use it again,

Not many people here into the 1880 Knappaave (I know airfrog's gonna order a pair), does anyone here wear 'em, or have any pics/fit-pics???

Well, opinions differ re: details, but I'm glad there are a few people here who are wearing 'em, will be good to see how they wear/fade. The denim is incredible. Hope they use it again,

Not many people here into the 1880 Knappaave (I know airfrog's gonna order a pair), does anyone here wear 'em, or have any pics/fit-pics???

do you know how the 1915 denim differs to the 1901,which i also own but not too impressed with?

do you know how the 1915 denim differs to the 1901,which i also own but not too impressed with?

Paul will know. AFAIK apart from the 1915, any other model from pre-27 is made with Kurabo denim from Japan.

This is why I'm excited to see comparisons of Airfrog's 1915 and 1917's as it will demonstrate those subtle differences.

This is why I'm excited to see comparisons of Airfrog's 1915 and 1917's as it will demonstrate those subtle differences.

Exactly, that will be very interesting. I somehow think either the differences could be lost in photos or there won't be that much of a tangable difference to tell much. Maybe it would be better done with two raw unwashed pairs but hopefully we'll get a close up picture or two.

Exactly, that will be very interesting. I somehow think either the differences could be lost in photos or there won't be that much of a tangable difference to tell much. Maybe it would be better done with two raw unwashed pairs but hopefully we'll get a close up picture or two.

Doug,

The raw comparisons have already been done and described/discussed/moaned about, by me.

I'm waiting for the comparisons of the 6 month/12 month Airfrog wear/wash treatment of the 15/17's.

Doug,

The raw comparisons have already been done and described/discussed/moaned about, by me.

I'm waiting for the comparisons of the 6 month/12 month Airfrog wear/wash treatment of the 15/17's..

Hmm, I musta' missed that, what page - I'll go back and read. Did you post pics? Either way the six mo comp will be most enlightening too. Besides I just realized that you can do a pretty good magnified picture comparison of the raw stuff over at the Oki-Ni website between the 1915's cone denim and other jeans using kurabo denim. Magnify the close up of the turned up cuff that shows the weff and warp. I can't tell shit from it though, looks like it's from the same roll of fabric to me for the most part as I expected, others may find diff though.

Am I the only one who's a fan of the 1927 model ? From the pics I keep seeing of them from multiple sites they look awesome to me. Someone mentioned that the denim is bland to them but doesn't look way different to me. I really like the details too... white stitching and those slightly elongated pockets look killer. If I'm not mistaken the pockets don't seem quite as spread apart as the more popular '33s either.

I have the 1927's (so does Airfrog).

They aren't bland IMO,but mine have unfortunately been washed three times, the last time they were washed NOT inside out by mistake and are now covered in streaky lines.

They are growing on me, although a few details are iffy (one in particular) - they have the correct YELLOW colour thread all over (excluding side seams and belt loops) especially on the inside of the inside leg, a point where most Lvc models fail.

This was always the model I wished for throughout the years, but the 1933 is probably better (apart from the NRA tag)

I think they look very different; the 1901 is dark and dense, the 15 has more of an obvious weave, and looks probably a little grainier.

I really liked my 1901. I thought they were one of those jeans that looked good raw, soaked, terrific when a little worn (always a problematic stage, when for instnace the 47 look shit), and good when very worn. I liked the pockets, which weren't exaggerated in shape or too long, which I thought the 1917 perhaps was, tho I liked it, and I personally like the straight rather than tapered leg. But - and it is a big but - I did note the more recent examples, from the new factory, looked different (I think the ones with the wrong leather tag are from the last Taylor TOgs batch but I am not sure).

Levis1901detail.jpg1901dirty.jpg1901cleanlap.jpg

I too am very interested in seeing arifrog's 1915 and 1917 worn-in. I thought they both looked good, the 1915 looked more different, in fabric terms, from the other LVC, hence my enthusiasm, but the 17 could well have the potential of the 1901. I didn't like the pocket shape or the exaggerated arcuates on the 17.

Next May, once I have six months in my SDA, I'll swtich to the 1890 for the summer. I do love these early jeans, although I am not too enthused by the Knappave, not as much as the turn of the century ones. I would REALLY like to see a good early jean when they develop the new fabric - perhaps a natural indigo one, with all the early details correct, which they've never done. (That said, the Sugar Cane nevada-style jean was shit too, too modern a shape altho the fabric was lvoely).

AS for the 27, I always had problems with my 33, perhaps becuase I had a young kid who regularly vomited over them so they were washed too often. They were too royal a blue for me (THe Clerk's, incidentally, look great, which shows they DO repay care). THe 1927 looked similar and I thought the stitching was too pale. I thought there was a very slight taper, and most of all I dislike the pockets, which I thought were too narrow and long, with incorrect sititching, from memory. OVerall, they were fine.. I suppose eventaulyl in the range you get real favrouties, the ones you think are more worthy of investing some time in.

1927front.jpg1927back.jpg

why didn't you like your 1901, almostnice? Can you do a side by side with them and the 1915, soaked???

not even that they have the wrong patch,for a reason i never understood lvc used a worn out one-on a raw pair.it might be authentic but i dont like that the denim isnt going deep enough in the frontpockets,so the white lining always shows up.the yoke is uneven sewn.will do a comparison pic when the 1915 is dry tomorrow.

In a month or so I will shoot the 17s and the 15s. The 17s have I think the same or very similar denim that my 1901s had and the 15s have pretty much what Paul described. The 17s have a much different hand. Smoother tighter weave? The 15s are a bit streakier, a slight rougher hand and are amazing. Well, you will see next month.