Levi's Vintage Clothing

It's interesting that the fellas that wear sizes 34 and up tend to get better fits on the more repro cuts. I soaked my size 40 LVC 55s I got from pomata and they shrank up to about a 38ish waist (havent measured yet). They don't look boxy on me, at all.

Thanks for the info, it looks great. As ever, it's the workwear items, like the Lot 66, that look to have had most care lavished on them.

What weight are the 1917 jeans? Intriguing they've introduced that model. How does the denim look compared to the 1901? You mentioned the short stitch length, is that similar on both?

It's lovely that they've introduced the irregular arcuates, part of me wonders whether it's over-exaggerated though. I also find it bizarre that they introduce this wide range of cinch models, but have so far not really offered an accurate XX, which is surely the most iconic early model.

Great to see the 54 501Z back. Really irritating that their 1978 version still has little resemblance to the original (much as I hate it).

For all that, great news, the past year has seen a profusion of good versions, the best since 2003.

of course, Ive just realied that normally I would go in and add the new models to my 501 guide on here; now if I try and edit it, it will most probably disappear.

Traffic is well down since they f*cked up sufu, especially with the refresh problems, I wonder where everyone will migrate to and whether I should post my 501 FAQ elsewhere.

Thanks for the info, it looks great. As ever, it's the workwear items, like the Lot 66, that look to have had most care lavished on them.

What weight are the 1917 jeans? Intriguing they've introduced that model. How does the denim look compared to the 1901? You mentioned the short stitch length, is that similar on both?

It's lovely that they've introduced the irregular arcuates, part of me wonders whether it's over-exaggerated though. I also find it bizarre that they introduce this wide range of cinch models, but have so far not really offered an accurate XX, which is surely the most iconic early model.

Great to see the 54 501Z back. Really irritating that their 1978 version still has little resemblance to the original (much as I hate it).

For all that, great news, the past year has seen a profusion of good versions, the best since 2003.

the 17 is less than 10oz since the 27 is the first to reach that weight. I'd guess 9oz.

The '17 denim is great. I think its a little darker than the 1901 but not that different. Long time since I saw them in person, wasnt allowed to post immediately. Shouldve written it all at once though.

I think they both have the short stitch length, should be the same on the early ones, my 201s have the same stitching.

how's the 78 supposed to look by the way? daren't edit.

Tapered leg, and tapered up to the waistband in a slightly horrible 80s stylee. With a tear-off section on the 2-horse patch.

Thanks for the 01/17 info. INteresting that they've introduced two such similar models, I suppose it will take a couple of years before we learn how they both wear in! (My 1901s are now about four years old and still haven't had a proper wash as they only get worn in the summer).

I agree about that lovely short stitch length; it's part of the charm, and not often replicated.

according to my email, Skeese has made a post here - but I can't see it!

sufu is well and truly down the pan.

anyway the post is really helpful - I'll post it again, though maybe it will reappear!

Blanket lined Type 1 for sale at Oi Polloi

(http://www.oipolloi.com/store/LevisVintage-1936Type1JacketBlanketLinedIndigo-3474.html)

Sizes L and XL left

they look really nice - wish there was a M left!

hi im now updating on 2 month. worn every day from when i got em.

URL%5D

URL%5D

URL%5D

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00157dw4.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00149kx5.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00143rk7.jpg

any more washing instructions? so far i understand that TFH and warehouse for exampel can be washed alot and get a more vintage feeling. but LVC is best kept away from the machine for atleast 6 month?

just took some flash pictures so you can see the progress. they are very dark and here in sweden its dark almost always becouse its winter time...

merry christmas to you all!

PS. i hope i got everything right with the pictures... its kinda tricky upploading stuff here...

Found this chambray thrifting, the tag and buttons are weird, but the shirt is otherwise well made, with alot of chainstitching (or similar)

thought the buttons to hold the pockets open was interesting, i feel like i recall seeing an lvc item with that rainbow patch.

Im guessing based on no big E and the white tag this shirt dates from the 70s?

347617550.jpg

347617555.jpg

all the buttons are embossed with levis as well

jeans are looking great, Allen - and good to see you back. They do seem to wear like the 33s - I guess it's the belt loops and the pocket shape that are the main differences. My 1920s 201, plus the 55 and 47 should be ready for a wash soon.

AS you can see, Sufu is completely fucked now! You have to keep hitting reload to see new posts. But sometimes they do disappear for real, just to keep you guessing.

Glad you got the book Pomata, hope you enjoy it! Thge new one is handier, but you can't see all those delicious details quite so clearly...

Paul thanks and sorry I didn't answer sooner I've been having some real problems posting as you can see by the 3 posts of my 1927. Man these 27 501s are pretty sweet.

I have been reading about sizing up, what i don't understand is that all the jeans levis repros included i have always bought actual size.

Because as you all know they stretch back out again to original size after washed and worn for about a week

Please thoughts, also i am after a new pair of levis don't know wha to go for been into cinch in london a few times and they are trying to sell me the 67's but they seem to slim.

Why would I be worrying about not sizing up on a washed jean.

because deadstock 47s don't ever go on sale, at least for not that low. ive seen it for 110 at barneys online but for 80, thats a real good price. good find nonetheless,