Levi's Vintage Clothing

Hi Paul,my 506 jacket from last season is made in Turkey.Does that mean the denim is imported to europe where lvc is producing some stuff.

I guess it is the same denim they use on the 1933, light like 9oz,same selvageline.Do you know more?

I also thought LVC isnt made in the us anymore?

many of the washed and distressed denims are from turkey, but manufactured in italy, and maybe also Turkey like yours.

the rigid stuff is made in the us though.

I have a pair of 47's approaching the 1 year mark, and wanted to start working on another pair of jeans. I'm looking for something a bit roomier in the thigh...my 47's are 34", and while they are perfect in the waist and knee, I'm wanting a bit more room in the thigh for my next pair.

Can someone recommend a year to me? I'm not a huge fan of the cinch, but was eyeing a pair of 33's. Would sizing down to a 33" waist be a good plan?

you should probably get a sz 32 in the 44, 55, 33, 37. size diff between those and the 47s is about 2".

Hi Paul,my 506 jacket from last season is made in Turkey.Does that mean the denim is imported to europe where lvc is producing some stuff.

I guess it is the same denim they use on the 1933, light like 9oz,same selvageline.Do you know more?

I also thought LVC isnt made in the us anymore?

It has varied, some of the European-made washed LVC has used Cone fabric, but my understanding is that the recent Turkey-made jeans use Italian denim. (THis is the washed jeans only, and has been the case for the last two years, at least). It does often state this on the tags. I've heard mutterings that this is something to do with NAFTA or EU trade agreements.

All the raw redline LVC is still made in the US with fabric from Cone AFAIK. Because the washed jeans are much more labour intensive, production of these has always varied. Even five years ago some of them were made in Romania, although the more expensive ones are often made in the US, with distressing by Bart Sights.

Hope this makes things clearer!

Than i must missed something,as i was pretty sure that LVC isnt made in the us anymore.i read it somewhere in this thread,prob. a few months ago,that the last us company producing LVC closed down.If you check cultizm.com you will find for example the blanketlined 506 jacket,made in turkey.

254_0.jpghttp://http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p254_Levi-acute-s-reg--1936-506xx-TYPE-I-BLANKET-LINED-JACKET.html&XTCsid=84ff7a46d13d52910f5f6f70013921fb

I see it! Nice jeans, interesting look for you. Its cool that you wear them that high, works well since your so slim.

I actually really like high rises. I wear all my trousers really high. Proportion wise, I have torso to spare and it makes my legs look longer. I love the silhouette of high rise, relaxed fit with a top that's tucked in.

Quick question...

I bought a LVC 1947 (with a Big E red tab) on ebay.

Thing is I remember Paul T mentioning that the 47's only had LEVIS written on one side. My LVC 47's have LEVIS written on both sides. Plus it says 555 on the top button. Does this mean that my pair is fake? Can somebody help me? :confused:

Thanks.

Quick question...

Thing is I remember Paul T mentioning that the 47's only had LEVIS written on one side. My LVC 47's have LEVIS written on both sides. Plus it says 555 on the top button. Does this mean that my pair is fake? Can somebody help me? :confused:

Thanks.

AFAIK changed Levis somewhere in the 50`s frome single- to doubleside tabs.But i never saw ,for example,any thaifakes stamped 555.Pictures would help!

Almostnice is right.. The red tag changed around 1954. If your two-horse belt patch is leather-like (a kind of carboard) then these are 55 replicas, like the ones Leonard is wearing above. If leather it's possible they're a 1954 replica (I think, though I'm not certain, these were made for LVC Japan).

I doubt they're fakes, check against the 501 visual guide thread to make sure, or post photos.

Oh almostnice, looks like a good shirt to me. DO you mean the tag on the neck has the little e? There's nothing wrong with that - Lev's changed their corporate logo to the batwing with the little e, at least a couple of years before they changed the tags on the jeans, for example, so it's perfectly possible for an item made around 1971 to carry both types.

Quick question...

Thanks.

Thanks almostnice and Paul T! icon7.gif

Here are some pics.

IMG_5418.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

Dear All:

I am new to this thread. I have a question thats not related to LVC, but I am hoping the levi's pros on this thread could please help me. I am interested in the Levi's x Damien Hirst collection. I am wondering if anybody knows where to acquire them in the states or in Japan. Thanks.

They are 47`s for sure,tag also shows that its made july 1999.I still believe someone in the factory sewed the wrong tab on.

Yup, must have picked them out of the wrong container. They're a totally normal 1947 in every other respect.

I was there a few years before, when they were producing the Capital E reissues that predated LVC; I remember a big plastic box with the red tags, and being tempted to pick up a handful. There weren't that many people sewing there, maybe a dozen. I wish I'd had a camera with me.