Levi's Vintage Clothing

On the 20s 201, buying true to size is recommended:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599608&postcount=2

As far as sizing down... these will always be full-shaped jeans. If you want something less bulky, go for the 1901 jeans. You're definitely right about the 1873 first blue jean in natural indigo (which is a different denim to the 201); my experience was these were well oversized after soaking, altho it's hard to be definite on whether that's due to the denim not shrinking, or their being oversized in the first place.

Your right Paul,i was aware ofthe cut when ordering the 201,so i got a 32 which was a bit tight in waist,and as Dejan didnt had any postsoak measurements,i exchanged for a 33 which i soaked a hottest tap,nothing happend at all,soaked at 90° for an hour and a dryer on hottest setting,lenght shrank 1",waist stretched after some wear to 34":eek:.

I went nuts and ordered a 32 again which measured 33"!That was it for me,exchanged it for 55 w32 which fitted spot on after soak an some wear.

I just dont understand why levis is putting a sticker o every lvc garnment saying size down 2 in waist and 3 in lenght when the denim differs from year,factory( and now country!) Big up for Dejan,he is very helpful,sorted every problem and only sells what levis delivers.

^ I still haven't seen a decent fit pic of the 201, 1937, or 1901. and I just happen to be trying to decide on what lvc I might be interested in...anyone wanna help?

Your post remembers me of my 1901 sleeping in my closet,this is not a promise but i planned to post some fitpics for some months after somebody asked for (was it erbs ?).

Your not gonna see me in my 201 though as i will look like a member of BAY CITY ROLLERS!

( but if i find some matching platformboots on a fleemarket i might change my mind!)

As i also own the 201 but make the mistake and size up one ( levis advice is size up two) and they didnt shrink at all and i am a bit disappointed with the fit,would you mind and provide us with some fitpics?
^ I still haven't seen a decent fit pic of the 201, 1937, or 1901. and I just happen to be trying to decide on what lvc I might be interested in...anyone wanna help?
I would be nice to see some fit pics. I can't wait to see what you do to these after the Nudie and Warehouse contests: your jeans always turn out looking great.

fit pics

3045732644_4f93dcd573.jpg3045732722_48f966d795.jpg

I got these in sz 30 which is my actual size. soaked them in BOILING hot water. they are pretty tight at the waist, but they are still the widest leg LVC's I own. I like the baggy fit on these though...

oh and btw. erbs thanks :)

fit pics

3045732644_4f93dcd573.jpg3045732722_48f966d795.jpg

I got these in sz 30 which is my actual size. soaked them in BOILING hot water. they are pretty tight at the waist, but they are still the widest leg LVC's I own. I like the baggy fit on these though...

oh and btw. erbs thanks :)

man, those look soo good on you! after you've worn them for a few months, you're gonna have the harajuku coolkid down so well! please wear them ;=)

you know, I have the 555 201s in sz 28, but I also wear them high.

man, those look soo good on you! after you've worn them for a few months, you're gonna have the harajuku coolkid down so well! please wear them ;=)

you know, I have the 555 201s in sz 28, but I also wear them high.

looking great David,i prolly should start and break my in,i know that most jeans look better

after you wore them for about 2 weeks( compared to raw/new) but my 201 looks more like bellbottoms,i just cannot push myself to take them to the streets,theres a huge difference fitwise compared to my 47-55 lvcs,they look totally defferent to yours.

looks like you can wear any cut,from what i witnessed here!

I've wanted some cinchback jeans for a while now. I think a pair of '37 501s are in the very near future for me, even though I'm in the 2009 FC contest. It'd be nice if Levi's would carry more LVC models in the US. Cultizm, here I come!

Oh yeah, do the current LVC '37 501s develop leg twist?

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I'm pretty sure that the 201's wont be getting a lot of love in the near future, I have a few other jeans that need love more urgently, my Hawaiis are worn more or less for 3 months and I want to put three more months into them. the demons of course, the 811's and I'd like to try and mix in my 1934 Lee's, the LVC 1955's and my Made in Japan Nashville's

too many for one pair of legs...

Can't wait to see the results, specially the Hawaiis and the 55s.

I've been switching between the 201, 47 and 55 over the last 18 months or so; I'm just topping up the 201, which I think I've worn for well over six months (they're tough to wear in). Then I think I'll wash the lot end of Jan. Can't wait to see how they all turn out, but it will be strange not to be wearing new-ish jeans.

Re the 201, Fofa, it's worth pointing out that the leather patch version and the linen patch are different in every way; both fabric and cut. The leather patch version was a (very collectible) anomaly!

I love the Bay City Rollers comments on the 201... now feeling slightly self-conscious about stepping out the front door! It is true that on the 201 you pretty much have to buy actual waist size, or they'll look like a Victorian skirt... on the 1901, you can wear them on the hips, they look more casual, as Fofa points out, they are terrific summer jeans.

here's how my 1955's fit:

3049866582_e45a894d8b.jpg3049866450_64c08f7b52.jpg3049866528_1e08bfa579.jpg

post soak measurements sz 30-34:

waist: 15.7"

front rise: 11"

back rise: 15"

upper thigh: 12"

knee: 9"

hem: 8"

I think I'm gonna soak these again cause It feels like I might get a little more shrinkage out of them. I'll post new measurements if that happens

i just rememberd i saw those 55's at mynudies.... not here. he has 4 sizes, 30, 31, 32 and 38. 50 for 555, that's a fucking bargain. i'm pretty tempted to buy some myself, but i just kopped a new project jawn

http://mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8115

hey you're talking bout me..posted those here and on mynudies as well. Only size 36 is still available by the way...

And Great fit David!

hey you're talking bout me..posted those here and on mynudies as well. Only size 36 is still available by the way...

And Great fit David!

Hi pomata, the 55s arrived this morning,thats what i call fast service!

And yes David,excellent as usual.looks like youre one of the few lucky people that can just wear any cut.