Levi's Vintage Clothing

Just came home with a bunch of selvedge denim this morning:

dsc02740ro0.jpg

sizes available are:

w30L38 measurements: w76 cm L91.5cm

w31L38 w80 cm L91.5cm

w32L38 w82 cm L91.5cm

w38L38 w94 cm L93.3cm

I made my best to take these measurements, I think they are quite accurate, maybe there can be 1 cm of error more or less.

All the jeans are 50 euro plus shipping. PM me if interested! Cheers

They're all 555 aren't they? So I guess they're 2001 or earlier. 55 model with paper tag. Nice jeans.

Wish I wasn't in selling rather than buying mode right now... 32 is my size too. I'm wearing a pair of 06 55s, I think they fade in even more nicely than the 47s.

Paul, do you know if there is a difference in the shrinkingrate between the earlier and the 55s from last year? Mine size 32 didnt shrink that much and could have gone with a 31.

Paul, do you know if there is a difference in the shrinkingrate between the earlier and the 55s from last year? Mine size 32 didnt shrink that much and could have gone with a 31.

Honestly don't know. The fabric has varied a lot on the 55s. I think if you size down with the 55, they make a great skinny jean anyway, so I would say go for it. You can always stretch out the waistband.

Because they're roomy in the thighs, I do with the 55 what I did with Sanforized Lees... buy actual size, wash them cold. If they shrink, they'll be skinny and short-legged, which will make me look like that dude from jcrew...

Pomata, i've PM'd ya!

cheers paul,will try that.iam a true 32waist and could even sqeeze in a w32 47 (2001)

without any problems,just the common tricks like 30min cold soak and streching the waist whilst wet.after 6 month of constant wear i dared a 30°wash and the waist did shrink a bit but streched back easily.so a 55 in w31 should be fine.

amazing stacking, but unforntunately a very less leg twist, I wonder what does it make, because the old valencia lvc got more twist than the actual repros?

btw. I´ve got some nice stuff at the bay such as these NOS Bibs and 1937 Lees:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320318434486&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

THANKS, DUDES!

pull the plug on a pair of 201's the other day. I was given an offer I couldnt refuse

Very nice. And beautiful photos. What year are they? I pulled mine out from under the bed now I've sold a few jeans, and was reflecting on how good the denim is as I put them on this morning; even the areas of wear (unwash) are unique, a kind of grey turquoise; the pockets, also, are maybe the most beautiful on any repro or modern jean, so huge that they're almost like posters, with that graphic arcuate. Perfect detailing, too, like the very fine stitching.

They wear in slowly, though, mine have maybe 6 months behind them, they have shine from wear but have lost very little indigo... I think I shall wash them in January whatever happens, along with my 55 and 47...

IMG_1393.jpg

thanks paul!

they are the 2007 1920 ones. I agree with you on the detailing and I think it's a good thing they wear slowly, it just makes them age more gracefully, kind of like a bourgougne :)

I think your pair is really nice, looks supervintage! with those wear patterns that have developed so far I'm pretty sure they'll turn into this in a few years:

dp40-3.jpg

it's this 1902 pair of Levis:

http://www.marvins-jp.com/denimpants/dp-219/dp219.html

heres what they have to say about it:

Item Number: DP-219

名称:1902年代 VINTAGE  LEVI'S 501XX  ベルト・ループなしタイプ Name: VINTAGE LEVI'S 501XX Year 1902 without a belt loop

プライス:¥2,980,000(TAX込み3129000) Price: ¥ 2,980,000 (TAX included 3129000)

年代:1902'年 サイズ:W39xL31.5 Year: 1902 ', Size: W39xL31.5

特徴:サンフランシスコのLEVI'S本社にも同じ物が金庫に保管されていて、手袋をして取り扱っている世界でも数本しか存在しない貴重で価値のある一品です。 Features: LEVI'S headquarters in San Francisco the same material is stored in a safe, and gloves to handle the world does not exist in only a few rare books worth Choise. 501のベルト ループなしタイプ(まだベルトループの付かない時代です)。 None of the 501 belt loop type (付KANAI era is still a belt loop). サスペンダーボタン・バックルバック・股リベ・むき出しリベット付き。 Ribe button crotch buckle suspenders bare back with rivets.

コンディション:100年以上前の物ですが状態よく残っています。 Conditions: the object is over 100 years ago has left the state well. バックルバックもきれいに残っています。 Left-back clean buckle. VINTAGE。 VINTAGE.

フジTV 『百識』で世界に数本しか存在しない貴重なデニムパンツとして紹介されました。 Fuji TV in the world of knowledge does not exist only a few precious book was introduced as denim pants.

Terrific!

It's great seeing those, they look different from 1890s and 1910s LVC too - it's obvious the denim was changing contstantly. Again, all those early naturual indigo denim jeans have very distinctive wear patterns.

THe LVC are pretty close and give a great feel of how unique this period is... specially details like those bizarrely wide-apart back pockets, look how high the watch pocket is, and how the denim inside the front pockets stops right at the pocket line.. they take a long time to fade, too...

(repost)

IMG_0547.jpg

pulled the plug on a pair of 201's the other day. I was given an offer I couldnt refuse

3042572245_1164f59a35.jpg

The buttons got a nice patina post soak:

3043410992_ff9b7d5b6b.jpg

lovely fabric:

3043411070_2ee29cfbf6.jpg

3043411134_0bb4670957.jpg

As i also own the 201 but make the mistake and size up one ( levis advice is size up two) and they didnt shrink at all and i am a bit disappointed with the fit,would you mind and provide us with some fitpics?

As i also own the 201 but make the mistake and size up one ( levis advice is size up two) and they didnt shrink at all and i am a bit disappointed with the fit,would you mind and provide us with some fitpics?

these are so wide, you're best off buying actual waist size. But if you're sized up one, sag em - it's so unfashionable it's fashionable. Once you wash, they will definitely shrink.

these are so wide, you're best off buying actual waist size. But if you're sized up one, sag em - it's so unfashionable it's fashionable. Once you wash, they will definitely shrink.

thats what i thought,first i soaked them in hottest tab water,nothing happend,so i took them in about 90° for an hour and after that in the dryer at hottest setting.they shrank about one inch in lenght,the waist did even streched to a 34 after some wear:eek:.

i would recommend to buy them true to size or size down one.Same happened to my 1873(first blue jean,probably the same denim).anyway,the detailing on the 201 is great,i might gonna fit in them in about 10 years:D.

On the 20s 201, buying true to size is recommended:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599608&postcount=2

As far as sizing down... these will always be full-shaped jeans. If you want something less bulky, go for the 1901 jeans. You're definitely right about the 1873 first blue jean in natural indigo (which is a different denim to the 201); my experience was these were well oversized after soaking, altho it's hard to be definite on whether that's due to the denim not shrinking, or their being oversized in the first place.