Levi's Vintage Clothing

thank you so so much! :D

2 quick questions before I join the LVC 1947 club!

These are the raw shrink to fit version right?

Based on my research by reading dozens of threads, I believe I need about a 33inch waist post hot soak + stretching, a 31 inseam and a 12 inch thigh (measured from the X at the crotch to the outside of the jean laid flat). A 34x34 should be perfect. Anyone see anything wrong with these assumptions?

Forgot I was registered on here. Just saw this and thought people may be interested. Over at the Barneys Co-op website it seems they have what looks to be LVC 1947 deadstock on sale for $109. They only have 34 inseam though. Look under brands for Levi Strauss.

It was my jeans David hemmed the other day. I know quite i little about them, though i found them under a large pile of jeans. I didnt know they were 555 until David said they were and now i feel really lucky... all the tags say 1996 so i am really sure they are real . dont think we got replicas in sweden and if we do i dont think Byxshoppen in falun sells them. I got a really good price becouse im friends with the owner of the store and now i know that 1000 kr is a real bargain for these 1937 555 201XX.

I will post pictures soon.

but i got some questions for the LVC knowers in here.

How will they fade?

How good will they hold coulor?

any other facts about them would be fun...

by the way thanks David for the hemming!! PS. i have no bathtub so i walked in them for a month without soaking/ shrinking whats the second best way to do that?

I

1: How will they fade?

2: How good will they hold coulor?

3; any other facts about them would be fun...

1: THey should fade really well. Keep washing to a minimum, wait until six months if you can and they'll look fantastic.

2: Colour retention is good. They'll probably come out a very dark royal blue once washed.

3: trivia = these are Eric Clapton's favorite jeans.

Could these be non LVCs? I called Barney's up and they said it was "Vintage Collection and Selvage" and the pic shows a capital E, but sometimes the employees are wrong.

http://www.barneys.com/Mens/MENS04,default,sc.html?prefn1=designer&prefv1=Levi%20Strauss

the description says "dark blue wash". so are they raw or a one wash? also, do most of the stores have them as well as online? how can you tell if they are the lvc version?

Nice! thanks Paul T!

i will not wash these for atleast 6 month, but i hope soak is allright.

i will follow upp soon im brand new to SuFu though i have been reading it alot lately...

x-post from the 501 visual guide thread

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...3639/13639.jsp

so looks like J.Crew is selling the Mexican made 501s in "Premium wash" for $265. Soooo not worth it. These retailed for $98 bucks in levis retail stores. Unreal

tags.jpg

flat.jpg

selvage.jpg

sidebyside.jpg

jcrew.jpgIMG_0221.jpg

So J.crew bought these for REALLLL cheap, then washed it once, and now they are "collector's item". Word

a little help please;

how should i size on raw 55' 501s? i want them to kinda fit like http://starcow.net/shop/upload/260907_175020_starcow_SUePdU.jpg

its a kinda vague question, but i would appreciate it. :)

Size up about 10 for the full clown look

;)

a little help please;

how should i size on raw 55' 501s? i want them to kinda fit like http://starcow.net/shop/upload/260907_175020_starcow_SUePdU.jpg

its a kinda vague question, but i would appreciate it. :)

That's sort of how I wear mine. But with shoes that fit.

A fifties cut, worn short, looks cool. That's how my Lees (that were supposedly Sanforized) turned out, and my 55s, which I bought actual size, will be the same. Great with Tod's, Bass Weejuns etc and no socks.

Sometimes I wear them with Converse One Stars cos that was the last US-made pair I could find. MIne are a half size too small, if only I'd known it was more fashionable to have em too big.

Edit beatle, only just noticed that was you. THis will be your look with the 101z , right?

^and on top of it all, they're little "e"! The nerve...

rocking them short is pretty steezy, though.

Does steezy mean a good or bad thing?. old bean!!