Levi's Vintage Clothing

as you seem to be the denim expert round here paul can you say that in 55's and 47's i should size up to 36 if i take a 34 normally..

i have read your literature before and i know this is what you have said but the 2 inches that the denim stretches back out again doesnt seem to be considered here

as you seem to be the denim expert round here paul can you say that in 55's and 47's i should size up to 36 if i take a 34 normally..

i have read your literature before and i know this is what you have said but the 2 inches that the denim stretches back out again doesnt seem to be considered here

I would buy actual size in the 55s, so if you're a 34 waist, 34 leg buy 34W36L.

Some people here have sized down - ie bought actual size - in the 47. Most people, including me, allow two inches for shrinking as is conventional, because the 47 is usually made undersized, with slim thighs. In my experience, an inch of stretching is as much as you'll get with the LVC - but I wear them slim, not tight.

x-post from the evo thread, here are a couple of levis, one LVC and one non-LVC. The PWR 501 are the ones that came in the black cloth bag and despite it not having a selvage outseam, it does have nice details like hidden rivets and decent leather patch. The arcuates are also somewhat "lazy" and are different from any that i've seen.

LVC 1967 606 Super Slims, 29x32 No wash, no soak about 7-8 months solid

3126254098_999dc4ea01_o.jpg

Levi's Products with Roots Limited Edition 1947 501, 1 Hot soak, 1 Hot wash about 6 months wear

3125423601_841ce6ee20_o.jpg

3125418773_8183a11f48.jpg?v=0

thanks paul

which jeans would you recommend as i have usually bought 33's but find them to wide on at the bottom too much fabric knee down

Aarrrghh, there's a question!

The two definitive LVC have to be the 1947 and 1955, both of which are excellent. The 47 is a slimmer fit (even if you size up), the 55 looks more vintage and the denim might be slightly nicer. But it's a question of taste, really. I haven't tried the 67 yet, or the 505; those are great jeans, but at some time everyone should try the 47 or 55, they are the classic postwar 501 shapre, from which just about everything else evolve.d.

More info on the 501 thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

what are the measurements when worn after soaking

just wanted to share. lvc 47 deadstock from current season. tagged 30/34.

pre-soak measurements:

waist: 15

thigh: 11.25

inseam: 34.25

hem: 8

post-soak measurements:

waist: 14.5

thigh: 10.5

inseam: 32

hem: 8

for reference i'm 5'5" 135lbs.

dirty mirror + phone cam + bad lighting = shitty pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

aren't the 67's the 505's

also do these require soaking

i think i may take a bash at the 55's where does one buy these i was thinking aeroclothing as they are considerably cheaper than cinch in london

Aarrrghh, there's a question!

The two definitive LVC have to be the 1947 and 1955, both of which are excellent. The 47 is a slimmer fit (even if you size up), the 55 looks more vintage and the denim might be slightly nicer. But it's a question of taste, really. I haven't tried the 67 yet, or the 505; those are great jeans, but at some time everyone should try the 47 or 55, they are the classic postwar 501 shapre, from which just about everything else evolve.d.

More info on the 501 thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

did they stretch out much these jeans the guys i have been speaking to say they give quite a bit

x-post from the evo thread, here are a couple of levis, one LVC and one non-LVC. The PWR 501 are the ones that came in the black cloth bag and despite it not having a selvage outseam, it does have nice details like hidden rivets and decent leather patch. The arcuates are also somewhat "lazy" and are different from any that i've seen.

LVC 1967 606 Super Slims, 29x32 No wash, no soak about 7-8 months solid

3126254098_999dc4ea01_o.jpg

Levi's Products with Roots Limited Edition 1947 501, 1 Hot soak, 1 Hot wash about 6 months wear

3125423601_841ce6ee20_o.jpg

3125418773_8183a11f48.jpg?v=0

I think i might head up again after xmas to KOP a pair. 40oz wasn't working though. I actually like the super slim orange tab 66's a lot as well.

He actually told me he doesn't work there anymore.

I like the slim 66s as well, but my 47s came out perfect. Seriously one of my best fitting pair of jeans.

Hello everyone! great forum & very interesting.

I'm lookin' to buy a raw LVC type 2 1953 jacket, could anyone give me any advice on the sizing? are they made larger than tagged? Same advice needed for some 1937 201's 555! I need a 38 waist so would I need to get a 40W?

Thanks & Merry Christmas.

Hello everyone! great forum & very interesting.

I'm lookin' to buy a raw LVC type 2 1953 jacket, could anyone give me any advice on the sizing? are they made larger than tagged? Same advice needed for some 1937 201's 555! I need a 38 waist so would I need to get a 40W?

Thanks & Merry Christmas.

with the 37s you should go with a W42, because the fit very snug in the waist,

or try to stretch out the waist...