Levi's Vintage Clothing

So the first pair has been worn down by you?

Looks good!

I'm quite bummed that my pair of 1901's is too small (on the market soon).

They're the old ones aswell, probably 2001...

Am not too sure on the repair jobs on those Indigo Immortals, while the fading is quite impressive I find the way they are repaired is way too modern looking...

I'd expect crudely stitched, if not hand done repair jobs on a 1901 pair, I doubt that machines those days could do that kind of stitching...

Those worn in 1901s look pretty nice to me, nearly those look like real vintage jeans...

I would go for the 1901s, but I still a have some 1933s to break in and don´t wanna spent that much for nearly the same jeans, btw: How do the 1901s fit in comparison the 1933s??? my 2006 1933s have an exaggerated space (18cm on a W30) between the narrow backpockets, very unflattering!

Those worn in 1901s look pretty nice to me, nearly those look like real vintage jeans...btw: How do the 1901s fit in comparison the 1933s??? !

Glad you like them. The two fits are pretty similar... the biggest difference is really the colour which is radically different, the 1901 are an inky blue-black, the 1933 much more of a royal blue (which is accurate vs the originals, look at the eBay auction above for an example).

It's hard to describe the difference in the cut, but in my memory (I sold the 33) the ass of the 1901 hangs straight down, in a classic anti-fit way, whereas with the 33 the fit around the bum is more rounded. But a lot of that difference is due to the fact I'd wear the 33 with a belt. The reason I kept the 1901 over the 33 is that I'd washed the 33 once too often and the colour was starting to bland out.

Many thanks for the info. Allthough the fitting of the 33s is not really my style I like the

denim of em, really nice...

But one thing of the 33s makes me wondering: In your book Paul T, is a pic of John Wayne wearing early 1930s Levi´s jeans, the hole fitting looks very slim to me, just watch at the thighs, but we all know that 33s LVCs are very loose fitting, what is it all about? I have quite muscular thighs, but still the legs are fitting loose with my 33s (the same with my 37s 201s)...

Guest heathunter881

i'm going to buy another pair of LVC1947 in a few months and needed some info regarding washing and soaking. i already own a pair of lvc. i have been wearing the denim for about 1.5 years now and still haven't washed it. i bought my exact size in the store, so i decided not to wash/soak it because i know it's going to shirnk. i wouldn't consider my denim to be beat but seeing that this is the only pair of denim i own, the material is getting a lot of wear. i've notice one small hole in the crotch area and a big hole around the hem area. i heard washing or soaking the denim will keep it in better shape, so i'm asking for ya'll help to keep my future denim in a better shape. i also want to achieve the nice contrast with the fade.

the previous LVC1947 i purchased was a 34x32. seeing that waist of the denim will shrink 2 inches on the waist and 1-2 inches in length, i was thinking about sizing up and buy a 35x34 if they made them. If not, would a 36x34 be fine after a hot soak? i want the waist to shrink to about 16.75 or 17 inches, and the length to be a 32 or 33.

my main interest is to get a good fit with maximum shrinkage and with heavy contrast. how do i go about achieving my goal? there are a few method so i'm a little unsure what to do. a few post says it's not a good idea to wash them until the denim has been worn a months and some says it's perfectly fine. other say to wear the denim in the tub while shrinking it so the jeans will fit according to my body, but i've read other post where people were just shrinking them by soaking them in bucket. help me out here guys and thanks a bunch!

Collection looks really nice and everything BUT

"the oldest one"

lvc9.gif

5995:- ? (that's $973 US)

Can they really justify that pricepoint? From these pics even the denim looks exactly like the regular 1886

My 1901s aren't a hell of a lot narrower than the 201 - are the new ones much slimmer? I sized down on the 201 and was wishing this morning I'd done the same on the 1901, when the cinch buckle unclipped again (it's a POS) and they fell halfway down my arse. I see the photos on cultizm, which show the current 1901 as wider, but mine still have a couple of inches of slack on each thigh. They are a different shape, though, if you wear the correct size the 201s hang almost like bell bottoms, with a shaped backside, whereas the 1901 is very antifit. Lord knows whether we'll ever get to understand LVC sizing.

I've seen the new oldest jean, or a sample, and it is different from the previous 1886, it's based on a 'new' oldest jean. I don't know the UK retail, and was a bit preoccupied when I looked at them being asked inane questions for a women's morning tv programme, so I didn't ask if they were natural indigo denim. THey didn't obviously look it, but they were a very different colour from the 1890s or 1901s... I will check. I did pay close to £200 for their first raw natural indigo LVC, but that price does sound insane, considering it's not that different to the previous model.

Re James Dean? Brit gossip was always that he wore the Baracuta Harrington, but gossip could be wrong I guess.

Regarding the James Dean windbreaker. My best guess would be that it is a McGregor Anti-Freeze nylon jacket - which you can find on eBay every once in a while. But I am not sure that it was in fact a McGregor jacket, just my best guess based on the memory of the film and some of the pics I just found via Google.

It doesn't look like a Baracuta jacket. At least not the G9, that Steve McQueen, among many, sported. So it would have to be the G4 (sorry, if I don't mess up the numbers), if it is a Baracuta.

Btw, I think we should put a list of online retailers together - especially with the sale season coming up... I have some webshops added under favourites on my own computer, which I am not sitting at right now, so I can't list any of them, but I will do so later.

I hope the rest of you will contribute to it, as I think LVC is quite hard to get hold of sometimes.

i'm going to buy another pair of LVC1947 in a few months and needed some info regarding washing and soaking. i already own a pair of lvc. i have been wearing the denim for about 1.5 years now and still haven't washed it. i bought my exact size in the store, so i decided not to wash/soak it because i know it's going to shirnk. i wouldn't consider my denim to be beat but seeing that this is the only pair of denim i own, the material is getting a lot of wear. i've notice one small hole in the crotch area and a big hole around the hem area. i heard washing or soaking the denim will keep it in better shape, so i'm asking for ya'll help to keep my future denim in a better shape. i also want to achieve the nice contrast with the fade.

the previous LVC1947 i purchased was a 34x32. seeing that waist of the denim will shrink 2 inches on the waist and 1-2 inches in length, i was thinking about sizing up and buy a 35x34 if they made them. If not, would a 36x34 be fine after a hot soak? i want the waist to shrink to about 16.75 or 17 inches, and the length to be a 32 or 33.

my main interest is to get a good fit with maximum shrinkage and with heavy contrast. how do i go about achieving my goal? there are a few method so i'm a little unsure what to do. a few post says it's not a good idea to wash them until the denim has been worn a months and some says it's perfectly fine. other say to wear the denim in the tub while shrinking it so the jeans will fit according to my body, but i've read other post where people were just shrinking them by soaking them in bucket. help me out here guys and thanks a bunch!

i was in the same boat as you, as far as sizing issues are concerned. I am a natural 33-34 waist, and through my research and other peoples shrinking endeavors, i chose a size 36 in hopes it would shrink the suggested 2''. After 2 hot soaks, thewaist feels fine, but the fit everywhere else is a little bit lacking. I was hoping for a slimmer fit overall

If i were to do it again, i would probably just get a 34 waist and cold soak it and wear them while still wet to stretch them out to my proper size. You say you want maximum shrinkage with heavy contrast. To maximize shrinkage, hotter water is needed. To achieve heavy contrasting, you mustnt wash your jeans for a good long while, so that alot more indigo is lost on the creases of your jeans. Doing a hot wash very seldomly (8-12 months) will give you more contrast as opposed to washing them more frequently

one thing to the 1901 vs 201xx fitting comparison: wasn´t the hole fashion during the victorian era more slim fitting, just look for todays saville row suits, they are still traditional slim... later in the 1920s-1940s mens fashion was fitted looser, it went that far that trousers nearly had bell bottoms(think of the zootsuit), so maybe Levi´s tried to be a little fashionable without loosing it´s functional design!? just a thought!

What are these???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160238878860&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Some kind of fakes or some kind of an alternative range we don't get in Europe?

I emailed the seller asking if they fakes and he basically called me a dumbass!!:D

What are these???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160238878860&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Some kind of fakes or some kind of an alternative range we don't get in Europe?

I emailed the seller asking if they fakes and he basically called me a dumbass!!:D

They're the ones that Levis was blowing out at $25 a pair a few weeks ago. Not LVC.

Regarding the James Dean windbreaker. My best guess would be that it is a McGregor Anti-Freeze nylon jacket - which you can find on eBay every once in a while. But I am not sure that it was in fact a McGregor jacket, just my best guess based on the memory of the film and some of the pics I just found via Google.

It doesn't look like a Baracuta jacket. At least not the G9, that Steve McQueen, among many, sported. So it would have to be the G4 (sorry, if I don't mess up the numbers), if it is a Baracuta.

The James Dean Rebel red danger jacket! It's the McGregor anti-freeze or Drizzler not the Baracuta G9 (also popularly known as a "Harrington" because Ryan O'Neal wore it in the Peyton Place TV show and that was his charecters name). Personally I wear a red G9 myself because it's close and I like it a lot more than the McGregor. The anti-freeze/Drizzler looks better in the old prints of that movie than in real life to me. Either looks great in red with a pair of '47 or '55 LVC's!

Here's the G9:

http://www.baracuta-g9.com/v2/shop/view_product.php?id=194

thank you guys for helpin me with that dean jacket, i gonna watch out for a mcgregor jacket, for baracutas are a bit to expensive for a jacket like that...

Yea the Baracutas are stupid expensive! $240 US! You can find a pretty good knockoff on ebay by a company called Merc London for under $100. Search on "Merc London Harrington" and I understand you need to size up.

Baracuta has a red G9 on sale on their website for 65 pounds ($130US).