Fitpic for Buzz Tee and WWII chinos camel! 

_DSC0723.JPG

5 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

the main issue with the Buzz tees in the past was the length - way too short for a western build torso, especially in the bigger sizes...

I have that same issue with my cowgirl tee I got from them from last season.

Well I think it's about time for me to retire my favorite Buzz chambray.
Noticed the other day at work that one elbow was blown out, then I noticed that both were blown out!
Worn since 2015, I'm likely to get another one if I don't find a different brand to try out.
l5x9w2s.jpg
qCRGsf3.jpg
X2XIS7u.jpg
M6r0QD2.jpg
OHMfCRc.jpg
5bHjXWm.jpg
0P7aemJ.jpg
4apjSIg.jpg
p4t8YWW.jpg
aCh58Ma.jpg
aMdZCfR.jpg

Mend it with some sashiko greatness! 

I'm not the most competent with a needle and thread. :blink:

Some good wear on that shirt Broark, by all means get a replacement but take that one to a tailor and have them make it into a short-sleeve version for summer wear.

Considered going that route as well. I might try my hand at small sashiko repairs before the holes grow any larger. And then if it turns out poorly I could always chop off the sleeves.

@BroarkHave you in the past or currently machine washing and drying your shirt?

@mlwdp always machine washed, hang to dry. 

Fuck it, I’m going to machine wash mine and hang dry instead of taking it to the cleaners.  The reason why I haven’t machine mine is that it fits perfectly right now (size Large)and I’m worried that it will shrink to the point I can’t wear it anymore.

i can always get another one though.

Edited by mlwdp

6 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Fuck it, I’m going to machine wash mine and hang dry instead of taking it to the cleaners.  The reason why I haven’t machine mine is that it fits perfectly right now (size Large)and I’m worried that it will shrink to the point I can’t wear it anymore.

i can always get another one though.

What item?

Recently got the BR13573 "Slender"  MA-1 for winter. Bang up coat. 

Edited by SmokeStackLightning

1 hour ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

What item?

Recently got the BR13573 "Slender"  MA-1 for winter. Bang up coat. 

The Chambray that @Broark has.

Edited by mlwdp

Video game editorialist (?) and generally entertaining weirdo Tim Rogers always wears a Buzz Rickson L-2B jacket in his videos. He also wears Sugar Cane 1947s.

EDOTQl2W4AcxMpk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Buzz MA-1. I also bought a Buzz M-51 and until it's decisively cold outside, each day is a battle deciding between the two.

DSC02886.jpg

Edited by sombrero

I’ve been personally putting off getting the N-1 with the US NAVY logo on the back due to some personal reasons reflecting some lifestyle changes.  I’ll decide if I want to go through with getting the jacket once the new year starts.  I can get it now but I’m holding off so I can really appreciate it later.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:36 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I thought History Preservation carried the version without the stencil as well @mlwdp.

There’s would be nice but due to the lining theirs has and me being in a warmer environment might not work well.  

For deals, I’ve found that Seabees on rakuten offers Buzz cheaper than other stores such as $100 less on certain jackets. The N-1 they’re selling is almost $100 less than all the other stores including History Preservation.  I bought my chambray from them for $70.  Seabees seems to be some small store that mostly stocks military surplus clothing as well.

Edited by mlwdp

9 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Getting ready for winter. Cat seems to approve. 

20191022_163644_resized.jpg

20191022_163912_resized.jpg

Should have got one for the cat too ..... bound to be nippy 

Paco has his own clothes don't worry @Flash. Even has his own Steelers jersey for game day!

@mlwdp yeah I got these two things from Seabees. He helped so much with sizing on the MA-1. He sent pictures of a guy wearing the size I was thinking and his height and weight to help with the choice. His English is great, and they don't charge tax. Can't beat it with a stick. I didn't realize the History Preservation one had a different lining though.

I got the slimmer, non patch and stencil version of the MA-1 and like it. Easy to get on and off, very warm, good for in the car or truck. Wool collar a touch itchy so need to treat that, only negative so far. The patch jackets they have are cool but I just don't have the stones to wear it in public. 

Has Buzz ever done jeans as part of the William Gibson line? Still on the never-ending search for a good pair of slim–straight black jeans with room up top.

No, you have to buy black 501s, remove all branding and file the buttons and rivets smooth! :D

Might give them another look, thanks for the tip. Don't tend to like the styling on their jeans—I really prefer standard Levi's / Lee / Wrangler details when available—but their shirts fit me well enough that I wouldn't be surprised to find the same to be true for their jeans

3 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Might give them another look, thanks for the tip. Don't tend to like the styling on their jeans—I really prefer standard Levi's / Lee / Wrangler details when available—but their shirts fit me well enough that I wouldn't be surprised to find the same to be true for their jeans

You might have to enter the dark but happy world of motorcycle eccentric Japanese clothing brands like HWZN, West Ride, etc as they have black denim that is not slim.  

Be careful though, you might find yourself wanting to blow your money on a panhead after going through that worm hole. :D

I've looked into both of the above along with some others in the past (probably after seeing photos / links that you've posted). As far as I can tell, they all seem to feature really low rises, which doesn't work for me. Not sure why that's such a big thing in the biker-wear community.