Buzz Rickson

partytaco

William Gibson x Buzz Rickson has the most amazing horsehide A-2 coming out in November, black w/ brown hidden accents, and for the first time they're doing one that's 1.5" longer in length so it can be worn with untucked shirts.

available at SE?

Yup, we'll have them.  Wait till you see the feel of the leather on these things, it's very impressive.

William Gibson x Buzz Rickson has the most amazing horsehide A-2 coming out in November, black w/ brown hidden accents, and for the first time they're doing one that's 1.5" longer in length so it can be worn with untucked shirts.

I'm looking forward to going broke this holiday season. 

Ha... shorts are less tight than super short (rolled 'em twice!).  I seriously had no clue about the weather in tokyo, and from what I understand it's been weird lately... pretty hot humid one minute and then raining the next second!  I tried that one in Ueno and after I hit up the Tokyo National Museum it was rainin' cats and dogs.

Anyway.... that one is a 38, so what I normally take in toyo stuff.  Maybe I could've done a 40 but I think it might look sloppy, also I'm pretty sure that even among buzz the different a-2's have different fits so you could tweak it if you look.

I don't know much about a2s at all, but i feel like the only thing that looks a little strange is that in the stomach region it's pretty flat straight up to the chest (like this on rakuten models too).  From what I understand Goodwear's are the most accurate, and not that i prefer it, but they seem a lot looser in the stomach region.  Anyone else notice that?

The Buzz sweats are great but I would seriously think twice about wearing a shirt with the HA's name on it, I know it refers to the WW2 air force squadron but the MC in England and elsewhere protect their name fiercely .

Was wondering if that would be problematic in England.

Here in Northern California that sweater would get you in bad trouble pretty quick.

Good fit, but be careful man.

Thanks Bobbo.

Edmond - the jeans are Roy RS2s from a couple of years ago.

As far as the Hells Angels logos are concerned...I really have no worries over this at all.

I'm sure no one thinks that I'm impersonating a biker from whatever chapter.

Much the same way that no one would assume I'm impersonating a fighter pilot when I wear a flight jacket.

I'm more Likely to bump into someone that dislikes the colour red than an individual who represents a bikers fraternity.

I'm sure I'll be fine.

Cheers

Thanks Bobbo.

Edmond - the jeans are Roy RS2s from a couple of years ago.

As far as the Hells Angels logos are concerned...I really have no worries over this at all.

I'm sure no one thinks that I'm impersonating a biker from whatever chapter.

Much the same way that no one would assume I'm impersonating a fighter pilot when I wear a flight jacket.

I'm more Likely to bump into someone that dislikes the colour red than an individual who represents a bikers fraternity.

I'm sure I'll be fine.

Cheers

I understand you're not impersonating a member of the HA, but agree with Cold Storage. The logo and name are earned by a long and exhaustive rite of passage and shouldn't be countefeited by what I normally see as a great clothing company. I'm very surprised Buzz Rickson laying themselves out like that, the name is copyright and a company trademark and they wouldn't be the first clothing company sued , Alexander McQueen and Disney both got a slap. Wearing a red shirt with that could land you in a whole lot of fun.http://www.hellsangelslondon.com/

The issue is that the WGxBR line is only released in the late fall every year, so no retailer anywhere will have anything from the collection until late October.

Go to hinoya in ueno, they def have buzz a2s. They may or may nt have the William Gibson, but you can at least get yor sizing down in other ones

cheers, i've been there before but it was years ago.

The issue is that the WGxBR line is only released in the late fall every year, so no retailer anywhere will have anything from the collection until late October.

i'll be in tokyo until the end of october so...fingers crossed.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Buzz peacoat at History Preservation the same as the one at Self Edge? History Preservation describes it as Buzz's "Pre-WWII U. S. Navy Pea Coat" while at SE it's called the "NAVY PEA COAT - USN 1910'S MODEL".

Both are 36 oz melton wool,  anchor surrounded by 13 stars 10-button, rayon-lined.  I believe they are the same but just wanted a second opinion.  Kinda mulling over the possibility of picking this up. Thanks.

Is the Buzz peacoat at History Preservation the same as the one at Self Edge? History Preservation describes it as Buzz's "Pre-WWII U. S. Navy Pea Coat" while at SE it's called the "NAVY PEA COAT - USN 1910'S MODEL".

Both are 36 oz melton wool,  anchor surrounded by 13 stars 10-button, rayon-lined.  I believe they are the same but just wanted a second opinion.  Kinda mulling over the possibility of picking this up. Thanks.

They're the same. If you're looking to get one, come by SENY because we have a few in stock. 

• 4 weeks later...