Buzz Rickson

partytaco

thanks guys, i remember trying on a M at SESF back in the day and not being too thrilled with the pre-soak fit (are these raw? for some reason i remember the one i tried on being raw) and passing on it, so maybe a 36/s would indeed be the way to go..idk though..sounds so small..

Edited by ironheartfan123

^Hell to the yes HP is perhaps my favorite buzz and sugar cane dealer, prices are great and the staff is one of a kind. For reference I am a size 38 in FH button ups and a 40 in T's and wear a Buzz size 141/2 (small). I would go with a medium since these are intended to be on the looser side and mine came raw and I have yet to wash it.

Edited by Rightyow77

Just called History Preservation about the chambray shirt. They said the sizing has changed and now the large fits like what was previously the medium. Not sure if that had already been made known to everyone. Not sure if I should get the medium, or large. I usually like my shirts slim, and the two shirts I wear the most are 38 chest. Actual chest measurement at 39.

Also, they are getting a re-up in 2.5-3 weeks. Beginning of February.

Interestingly enough, the care label says no machine wash...

Style no. BR24961 - size 40

P2P - 22-22.25" / 56cm

BL (w/o collar stand) - 29" / 73.5cm

In the machine now at 30 Celsius, 400 spin, 1 hour, wool detergent...

Dam right!, Following info would be greatly appreciated..

Size of shirt 38" 40" ?

Pre and post wash pit to pit measurements.

Pre and post wash length of shirt at the back from collar to hem (collar down)

Cold soak?

Washing temp?

Love your foolhardy approach to risk aversion.

After wash...

P2P - 21.5" / 54.5cm

BL - 28.5" / 72cm

A little bit shrinkage - I would guess that with ironing some shrinkage can be regained...

Interestingly enough, the care label says no machine wash...

Style no. BR24961 - size 40

P2P - 22-22.25" / 56cm

BL (w/o collar stand) - 29" / 73.5cm

In the machine now at 30 Celsius, 400 spin, 1 hour, wool detergent...

62261806.jpg

Getting quite a bit of wear out of the peacoat of late. No sunlight at all here so apologies for grainy overexposure but I've had this over 3 years now and it's still in excellent shape. Probably should treat it to a dry clean though soon.

Edited by big truck

I'm ok with the shrinkage, would have bought a size smaller if available when I was in the store...

No loss in shape or colour.

I can not live with that kind of shrinkage, (i did expect more though) Im in the same boat as Kiya.

Are you happy with the end results foxy did you want the 1/2"-3/4" of shrinkage?

Any loss in shape or colour loss?

Appreciate you taking the time to post measurements.

Getting quite a bit of wear out of the peacoat of late. No sunlight at all here so apologies for grainy overexposure but I've had this over 3 years now and it's still in excellent shape. Probably should treat it to a dry clean though soon.

I drop mine twice a year to my trusted local drycleaner. It comes back litterally as new. The only concern i'd have is the button attachment which tend to tear off. I fix it many times.

Edited by JoeySullivan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just got my first buzz sweatshirt, and i love it but i'm surprised with the sizing. i'm 6'1/165lb and was expecting to need a XL, but ended up with a M. the M is obviously very cropped and a bit tight across the shoulders with a button up underneath, but the L was way too long on the arms with lots of stacking - it just looked sloppy.

how do i find out if its one of the new or old fits? its super short on the body, but seems pretty slim in the arms.

Edited by conqueror

Does anyone know why there are so few Buzz Rickson leather jackets like the A-2s on offer currently in the Japanese shops. Most are sold out. Looks like it has been like that for quite some time.

Any BR A-2 owners here? Would be great to hear about fits of different models and comparison to other brands like TRM, Aero and Eastman.

how do i find out if its one of the new or old fits? its super short on the body, but seems pretty slim in the arms.

You went with the right size, Its the best fit you could have expected from the new fit BR Sweat, If you purchased from a BR retailer then its the new fit, The old fit was pre FW-2011 there is still one Oatmeal old fit BR on the bay in a Med.

I've had both the new and old fit BRs and the old fit was short and boxy in the body and tight on the arms, whilst I find the newer fit longer and slimmer with wider sleeves. The best way of confirming is to look at the vee insert on the neck. If it is a true insert (on the inside) it is old style, if it has only been stitched on the front, it's new style.

• 2 months later...