Buzz Rickson

partytaco

Hi, can anyone confirm what are the Buzz Rickson MA-1 Gibson variations.

I know there are "regular" and "long"

Those with markings or not

But I am wondering if there is a "slender" and "normal" version, Rakuten seems to list many MA-1 as "slender" while some have no qualifiers...

If there are two versions can anyone confirm if selfedge selling the slender or normal one?

For example, wondering if they're saying all BR Gibson MA-1 are slender or if there are two versions (like length or badges):

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bluebeat-hoover/item/buzzrickson-br11733-10aw/

Edited by Fuuma

Hi, can anyone confirm what are the Buzz Rickson MA-1 Gibson variations.

I know there are "regular" and "long"

Those with markings or not

But I am wondering if there is a "slender" and "normal" version, Rakuten seems to list many MA-1 as "slender" while some have no qualifiers...

If there are two versions can anyone confirm if selfedge selling the slender or normal one?

For example, wondering if they're saying all BR Gibson MA-1 are slender or if there are two versions (like length or badges):

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bluebeat-hoover/item/buzzrickson-br11733-10aw/

For the past two seasons we've only carried the "slender" slim cut versions, prior to that we only carried the regular versions.

• 1 month later...

just copped another buzz sweatshirt in black - my green one is one of my favourite pieces of clothing.

reading up old posts on here and sf - people seem to size really weird. i know their are two types of the sweatshirt, but i'm 6'1/165lb and always get a medium. imo, a medium fits how a 'classic' fitting sweatshirt like buzz is supposed to - very short on the body and snug throughout. i've read of dudes my height getting xl's and i can't imagine how sloppy it would look but i guess to be fair i usually only wear a tee underneath and tuck it in (nh).

Edited by conqueror

When I was a child, growing up in the UK in the late 70's/ early 80's, it was considered de rigueur to sport a brand new parka every winter. My mother favoured the style that I now know as the N-3B for me, and I have spent the last few years looking for a good one. I tried an Alpha but found it horribly oversized, I tried a vintage Schott but found it was about as warm as being wrapped in wet leaves, so imagine my excitement when I stumbled across a Buzz Rickson United Carr N-3B for not much money. It arrived today, it has a couple of the front buttons missing (hence the cheapness), but it is everything that I remember my childhood coat being, bring on the winter now !!

2013-10-09104327_zpsa5a9ed5e.jpg

2013-10-09104335_zps23352311.jpg

2013-10-09104343_zps14b42ce6.jpg

2013-10-09104435_zps01bf6794.jpg

2013-10-09104736_zps118ec5a4.jpg

Very nice pick up!  I've lusted after a Buzz N3 or N3A, but the price has scared me away.  I've had a couple of their B-15Cs, and they're great jackets.  Modern poly fill jackets don't begin to compare to the Buzz jackets in weight and warmth.  

Can anyone confirm the sizing of the BR sweatshirts on sale currently on HP? 

Is it a general rule of thumb to size up? I found some measurements on rakuten and older b/s threads but they are a bit all over the place. Is the SE measurements for the old or new sweater?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sriracha hot sauce

Thanks!

I called HP and they were helpful and provided great customer service. I choose the size based on rakuten and SE measurements and hope it works out. HP said they will take exchanges if it doesn't work it.

Anyone interested in a red BR x SE sweat in M? Old cut. I'm just clearing out closet space and never bothered to ebay this.

HP is really good at helping if you give them a call direct. I definitely would not size up in the old cut. I think it's one of those things where it works for you or it doesn't. Looks really bad when folks size up and the shoulders are too wide and the sweat too roomy.

As for measurements, I've owned 4 total in different colors of the old cut and they all vary a little to some degree. Might be due to the dyeing of the fabric. Definitely ask for real measurements before purchasing. (Sorry no experience with the new cut)

Also for SE...

So I'd assume its for the new cut.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of selling a BNWT new style Buzz Rickson sweatshirt in red, size L. Never worn, £90 plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested and I can provide pictures.

Chest (p2p): 22"

Length (Bottom of sweat to back of collar): 25"

Shoulders (straight across): 17.75"

Sleeves (shoulder seam to end of cuff): 27"

Waist (top of waistband): 19.25"

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 4 weeks later...

Hi did anyone pick up a wg ma-1 from selfedge this last go around? Just wondering if the measurements on the se site are accurate

Fwiw i'm a 41.5" chest. can't decide between a 40 or a 42. Decisions decisions.

I got one and am waiting for it to arrive, my chest is 40" and I went with the 38 after comparing measurements to some other jackets. I'd go with the 40" in your position.

I got one and am waiting for it to arrive, my chest is 40" and I went with the 38 after comparing measurements to some other jackets. I'd go with the 40" in your position.

Thanks, yeah that's what I was thinking. But after getting some sizing info from a couple people who've owned the jacket i'm kind of leaning toward the 42 since it looks like the sleeves will come up short on a 40L.

Post a fit pic when you get yours, would love to see how it worked out for you

Thanks, yeah that's what I was thinking. But after getting some sizing info from a couple people who've owned the jacket i'm kind of leaning toward the 42 since it looks like the sleeves will come up short on a 40L.

Post a fit pic when you get yours, would love to see how it worked out for you

How tall are you?  Do you know your shirt size in any of the SE brands?  My chest is 44" and I could take a 40L or a 42L in the Slender MA1 but both were a little longer than I like my jackets (plus, I'm a little short for those sizes at 5"8).  

what's the word on Buzz Rickson jeans? Are they still in production or are they limited in release? Been eyeing the 50's pair especially after digging up this old picture...

u76a.jpg

love that shade of blue...

Because after 7 plus years of looking at this stuff way more than anyone should, at 2 am, you can find something that turns your head upside down and makes you start looking at everything you own to see if you've just missed a detail...is that a chainstitched coinpocket?!?

With the cognizance that comes at a much more reasonable hour, I am having hazy memories of acknowledging that as a detail on the  Sugarcane 1966 (the 66 repro I have occasion to encounter most frequently, but it was always something I would think of in regards to the stitching, and I didn't make any sort of correlation to coin pocket roping.  Either way, it's always fun to have a new detail to be conscious and aware of.