Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I went tts but mine were one wash. They eventually stretched to an ideal fit but after every wash, they shrink and take a week to stretch back. If you have bigger thighs, you should size up though.

alright thanks :) one wash doesn't affect the fading properties compared to a pair that aren't one wash, right?

beautiful faded, lianne. the best 011 I've ever seen. anyway, why did your pair not have too much leg twist like another pairs?

I am a girl.

I am 5'5'' & I weigh exactly 113lbs and 4 ounces haha.

Basically, I am tall, lean, and skinny.

I guess some guys have bigger quads and I do not so the fit is better. Therefore the leg twist doesn't really exist in my pair.

Wrong. High contrast fades come from beating the shit out of your jeans. A wash makes them clean, smell nice...and yes, lose some indigo but not enough to "ruin" your epic fadez. I wouldn't wash if its not necessary, but I soak quite a bit, every other month or so and all mine turn out just fine. Just softer (with less crotch damage!)

But do what you will. It really doesn't matter at all.

I am a girl.

I am 5'5'' & I weigh exactly 113lbs and 4 ounces haha.

Basically, I am tall, lean, and skinny.

I guess some guys have bigger quads and I do not so the fit is better. Therefore the leg twist doesn't really exist in my pair.

leg twist comes from soaking/drying the denim, not big quads

Not really, I soaked my X-011's three times and the leg twist was never really there. I never had a leg twist when I first got them too. It really depends on your body type/fit.

while not the clearest statement, from a Paul T levi thread:

"as the fabric shrinks on unsanforized it tends to follow the direction of the weave - Levi's twist to the right, Lee jeans, with their left-hand weave, twist to the left. Why do some Levi's twist more than others? I don't know. I do know that Levi's lifted the idea for their Engineered range"

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Not really, I soaked my X-011's three times and the leg twist was never really there. I never had a leg twist when I first got them too. It really depends on your body type/fit.

akka225 is correct, leg twist does indeed result from the shrinking of unsanforised denim along the grain as it touches water.

Reason's for not having leg twist may be that the denim is a broken twill, sanforised or secondarily processed to eliminate twisting, etc.

akka225 is correct, leg twist does indeed result from the shrinking of unsanforised denim along the grain as it touches water.

Reason's for not having leg twist may be that the denim is a broken twill, sanforised or secondarily processed to eliminate twisting, etc.

Leg twist was never really a problem for me for everyone that kept messaging me about fit pictures to see the leg twist. I posted fit pictures before and it's not as noticeable as other pairs. I boiled water to soak my jeans and that definitely shrunk the jeans a lot so I guess akka225 is right but it seems the same to me.

Leg twist was never really a problem for me for everyone that kept messaging me about fit pictures to see the leg twist. I posted fit pictures before and it's not as noticeable as other pairs. I boiled water to soak my jeans and that definitely shrunk the jeans a lot so I guess akka225 is right but it seems the same to me.

It might be the green tea bags countering it. Then again there is also the Coriolis force to consider.

chambo

my friend told me that if i want to get a high contrast fading i should not wash my jeans for quite a long time..

Your friend is right and Z is partly right as well. Let me put it this way: the higher the ratio of wear to washing the higher the contrast fades. Soaking in still water does not move the indigo very much and can be done to shrink the jeans. But turbulent washing will bleed the indigo all over the weft thread and produce a terrible looking uniform blue. But this depends a lot on the concentration of the initial dye job. Deeply dyed jeans are much more prone to this bleeding. With not so deeply dyed jeans this bleeding effect is lessened (I'm thinking of Samurais in particular) and so they can be washed earlier and more often.

Your friend is right and Z is partly right as well. Let me put it this way: the higher the ratio of wear to washing the higher the contrast fades. Soaking in still water does not move the indigo very much and can be done to shrink the jeans. But turbulent washing will bleed the indigo all over the weft thread and produce a terrible looking uniform blue. But this depends a lot on the concentration of the initial dye job. Deeply dyed jeans are much more prone to this bleeding. With not so deeply dyed jeans this bleeding effect is lessened (I'm thinking of Samurais in particular) and so they can be washed earlier and more often.

so in your opinion is soaking preferable to machine washing in order to achieve higher contrast fade?

so in your opinion is soaking preferable to machine washing in order to achieve higher contrast fade?

Yes, but soaking is not really going to get them clean. The turbulence and soap needed to clean strips the indigo out and makes for a blue soup. This is bad.

If you want to get out a smell, just put them in the freezer overnight or hang them inside out on the line for a few days. If you soak make sure the water is not moved about, but reserve soaking for shrinking the jeans.

When you have accumulated months — six is a good number — of real wear-time, then wash. The more months the better is the rule.