Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Maybe it's not the washing. I think it's more the washing machine. They don't hand wash at the factories. I've seen plenty of crinkles, streaks, and lines in one wash jeans that I wouldn't ever buy another pair. I had it happen to me with a pair sugar cane 1947s and a pair of Levi's 501 Selvedge. I've seen it on eternal 883 as well. Factory washes also seem to wreak havoc with the patches.

Factory wash by Warehouse, and four more by me hasn't hurt my 700s at all, or streaked them.

The threads here would be a lot less cluttered with sizing questions if first time buyers weren't so scared of OW jeans.

Plus, the whole procedure of touching & smelling raw denim, trying on the jeans on in raw state, then soaking them and looking forward to the result is just an essential for me. So, like always, to each his own.

While I know what you're saying. Do you feel the same about sanforized jeans? Just wondering.

I'm interested in opinions on sandorized. To me, it seems like the best of all worlds. "Raw" denim that doesn't need to be presoaked. I would love to see basically all one wash fits replaced with sanforized. Or, since they know their customers aren't machine wash/drying before first wear, would a warm water soak + hang dry be too much to ask for a $300+ piece of clothing???

I'm interested in opinions on sanforized. To me, it seems like the best of all worlds. "Raw" denim that doesn't need to be presoaked. I would love to see basically all one wash fits replaced with sanforized. Or, since they know their customers aren't machine wash/drying before first wear, would a warm water soak + hang dry be too much to ask for a $300+ piece of clothing???

Edited by jmaxthemonster

I think it's obviuos that they're too tight, unless you plan not to ever wash them, which is crazy.

Looks like there's room in the upper thigh, and these things stretch big time. Mine have stretched over two inches in the waist and at least an inch in the thighs. Still haven't washed and don't plan on it. Good enough for Reudi, good enough for me.

While I know what you're saying. Do you feel the same about sanforized jeans? Just wondering.

Most jeans that interest me are unsanforized. But I do own some sanforized models and feel like they lack that little extra character that raw models own. So yes, I prefer Raw over onewash and sanforized.

Me too. Sanforized denim has a ‚flat‘ feeling to me. The texture and surface irregularities are less pronounced, they are often less hairy. IMO, they lose a lot of character during the sanforization process. But as the sanforization process can be done in different ways and to a different extent, there are variations so that I’d prefer one sanforized denim over the other.

For me it’s also:

Raw > one-wash ≥ sanforized (depends on the o/w process and the sanforization process)

@hoggreaser

you left out one option on sanforized:

buy the right size based on stretch, wear to stretch out. fit fucking great.

to each their own but i find sanforized denim far easier to predict, especially if you know what you're buying.

I agree with the Hogmeister.

With raw denim, you know how much it's likely to shrink, therefore size accordingly.

With sanforized, unless you have previous experience or specific advice, it's difficult to anticipate the shrinkage despite the manufacturers claims. Various sanforized denims can shrink from next to nothing to as much as raw denim. My 'sanforized' Lee 101B shrunk by 2" in the inseam. I must say that they didn't have that flatness and lack of hairiness that many sanforized denims have, so it makes me wonder if it really is as described.

imo, at a quick look the high contrast and overall fades reminded me of f310 and the s710, just saying,

the x011 fades very well i know. but the deep indigos such as 007 and 009 are slubbier and its not often to see many high contrast fades on 007's.