Pure Blue Japan

midnight

The most sane thing to do seems to be to get the 009 and size down to get a nice taper but not-too-tight thigh. At least, that's what I would do.

unless that's too much of a taper for some people (like it was for me). And sizing up on that made the waist too big. So...I'm not ashamed to admit -- I did the 005 and tapered half an inch...gasp!

Edited by shinobi2000

The 009s stretch like CRAZY. I had them tapered 0.75" and after about 10 wears it feels as if they've stretched even more... The only saving grace of these is the fabric, cause the cut and the rise (too low, especially bothersome when working in them) put me off... If the Iron Heart lightweight ducks come out I'll probably sell the PBJs... :angry:

3137df95.jpg

a7b4fa54.jpg

Edited by Seul

The fit looks fine to me. What, exactly, has stretched out a lot? The waist + butt, or the thighs too? I'm interested in a pair of these someday, so the amount of stretch is pretty important to size correctly.

My 11s don't seem super stretchy anywhere except the waist, I guess (easily fixed with a belt.)

The fit looks fine to me. What, exactly, has stretched out a lot?

It looks better now due to the taper. They were almost "baggy" before - thighs stretched immediately, so did the waist (but I always wear a belt). Thing is I've only worn these for about two weeks... I work in them so I'm sure the knees will stretch out and other areas as well... Guess we'll have to wait and see...

I'm looking for a nice slim tapered denim as my next pair, and pbj-xx-011 seems to be a great option. Should i go true to the size or size down?

reading from earlier 011s can stretch a lot in the waist. check the thigh/leg measurements and buy according to that to make sure you get the fit you want.

can anybody confirm, if the one wash models are the same size as the raw ones of the same tagged size? Background: XX009 on BiG is siad to run 2,5" less in OW and I doubt that this much shrinkage happens throughout the soaking/washing process. How much do the OW models stretch in general?

Edited by Max Power

I'm looking for a nice slim tapered denim as my next pair, and pbj-xx-011 seems to be a great option. Should i go true to the size or size down?

011s are cut generously @waistband, so they're generally a sd1 from your usual pbj size. the O/W would seem like they're tts cuz waist has shrunk quite a bit, but the waist will stretch out quite a bit after a few wear.

can anybody confirm, if the one wash models are the same size as the raw ones of the same tagged size? Background: XX009 on BiG is siad to run 2,5" less in OW and I doubt that this much shrinkage happens throughout the soaking/washing process. How much do the OW models stretch in general?

That doesn't seem like too much shrinkage for a looser woven fabric, and it wouldn't make sense for a company to make different patterns for some to be washed and some not. Therefore I'd assume that they are the same sizes originally.

yea, same size cut for the raws & O/W.... the waist shrunk quite a bit on the O/W version, that it'd seem like tagged sizing are different__ the waist will stretch out quite a bit after a few wear, tho'

Edited by BrownMetallic

You ordered the o/w 009 model, Max?.. Either way: sizing down at least 1 size is most definitely advised for that model... Normally I'm not for sizing down at all, but that model stretches more than elephant pussy.

Edited by Seul

007 at 8 months (2 handwash, 1 hot initial soak and 1 cold soak)

Took the photograph around a week ago, kept forgetting to post them...

j4ZQCDYBUvZEL.jpg

jb1kGr6ggahUOp.jpg

jbcTJjWF3Jfqzt.jpg

jZfFWS2t7RIZV.jpg

jkHUyOXyTvqhU.jpg

jphhAKCT9e7oq.jpg jexNKf4V6O4AL.jpg

Edited by ur_ugly

awesome fades!!! just ordered mine from dc4...

did it shrink a lot, after the first initial soak???

intend to give mine 2 hot initial soaks for maximum shrinkage & no more shrinking afterwards... i wear w34 in fh&ih, does this one strech a lot with time??? thankful for any advices from all u guys :)

^sd1? fit is spot on.

yeah, i allready tried it on once. fit was good.

what do u guys think of the idea with the 2 hot initial soakings?

go for it if you think the first soak wasn't enough. I often soak twice but not always. Do as you like, it won't harm your jeans

i even triple soak sometimes on non-sanforized denim before wear :)

Edited by BrownMetallic

So I'm a bit confused on sizing, have read a big but still.. I remain confused. I wear a size 32 waist, and am looking at the xx-011, so will the tagged 32 shrink down to 33-34, cause actual size is a 35?

waist 32 on what brand? ... & which size chart are you looking at?

eg, w32 on 005/007 raw = w31 on 011 raw__ to start with.

but, you can go sd2 @w30 if your built is on the slim/skinny side.

btw, these are unisex cut & [afaik] women prefer the getgo fit of the o/w version due to the shrunken waistband. they don't need to estimate on shrinkage.

Edited by BrownMetallic