Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Here are my xx-007s. Been wearing them pretty much daily for 7 months, with the 1 initial soak.

0 washes, 0 folds.

Love this slubby denim, it looks incredibly dope. God damn though, they were tight when i started. They've only just started to loosen up in the last few weeks, FINALLY.. Also had a bit of weakness coming through at the crotch so i had that patched... Would have preferred to have it darned, but i don't know anyone in Vancouver who does that =/

rMvEuh.jpg

11ZlXh.jpg

qS4O5h.jpg

RnaRDh.jpg

FULL ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/u6Ne4

PBJ heads, need advice. Measured my best fitting denim, which is my RRLs:

Waist 33.5

Thigh 12

Knee 8.5

Opening 7.75

I want to go with something close to this, I've been eyeing the 005s, 13s, and 11s. Would you say it's a good idea to reference the one wash fitment chart(as to what the raw version will shrink too)? In that case, I'm in favor of the 005s due the thigh and knee measurements, but not in favor of the taper.

Just got my first pair of PBJ xx003's in. They came tagged/labelled as Syoaiyo denim. PureBlueJapan definitely sounds better. The fit was also quite off from the measurements listed from Okayama denim in Japan...have to exchange them for a sz.32

PBJ heads, need advice. Measured my best fitting denim, which is my RRLs:

Waist 33.5

Thigh 12

Knee 8.5

Opening 7.75

I want to go with something close to this, I've been eyeing the 005s, 13s, and 11s. Would you say it's a good idea to reference the one wash fitment chart(as to what the raw version will shrink too)? In that case, I'm in favor of the 005s due the thigh and knee measurements, but not in favor of the taper.

you mean you don't like how the 005s taper or you don't like any taper period? the 005s are essentially straight leg

you mean you don't like how the 005s taper or you don't like any taper period? the 005s are essentially straight leg

Oh Sorry, Im NOT in favor of the taper of the xx-005, Id prefer something with an even smaller taper.

Oh Sorry, Im NOT in favor of the taper of the xx-005, Id prefer something with an even smaller taper.

so you want more of a taper...? because the 005 has no taper. if that's the case, a size 31 in 011 or 013 could work. thighs will stretch and the taper is there. you could even go with a size 30 if you don't mind toughing it out until they stretch. still gotta be careful, though. as coldsummer knows, it's the taper from the thigh to the knee that really matters, and it's much more pronounced on the 011s and 013s than your rrls

Edited by kenzie

^ nice, how old?

tnx__ been more than 3yrs since i bought them @T5-HK.

they never really had a steady streak of wear, so lost track of how much wear.

modef less than a year of effective wear__ 4 washes + countless soaks.

they're always taking the backseat vs new stuff cuz i wasn't feeling the fit in the beginning.

i was looking for a W32, w/c supposedly a size down for me at that time. but, T5 dint have in stock, so i took the last pair, W33. eventhough i knew they were gonna be a bit loose down the line cuz the fabric stretches quite a bit.

hence, the countless soaks to try to shrink them. almost fried the patch, too.

even now, they're on my quasi-rotation. but, i'm liking them a lot more now.

they feel so comfortable to wear & drapes well, imo.

they plateaued for a long while ... not much evo.

but, lately, it's starting to get interesting__ how they're taking a different evo route.

the lighter indigo hue is going towards the AI realm.

the loose weaved slubs are starting to tighten up into small bumpy knobs.

Edited by BrownMetallic

hey, thewickett__ don't really care much about the rep system.

but, what annoys me really is__ you've been going to town neg-repping [almost every1] left & right while hiding in a shroud of anonymity.

... ie, not really posting anything. let us know what you think & let's see your wares/wears, man. :mellow:

Edited by BrownMetallic

sup brownmetallic,

I browse the forums. There are things I like and don't like. I rep according to the individual post, regardless of the name of the poster (bf is a great example.. I've negged him for things I don't like and I've +repped him for things I do) I'd rather use the rep system in most instances rather than start a discussion over, what is, simply my opinion. Anybody is welcome to pm if they're curious about the justification behind a rep I give.

As for pictures - I'm pretty infrequent with those. I do take the occasional evo picture but I'm probably one wash away on my most worn pair.

cool, then. every1's entitled to their own opinion_ conveyed or otherwise.

'thought you'd come back with a nasty rebuttal for calling you out. turned out you're not 1 of those psycho haters. 'just hope you'd post/interact once in awhile, just so you can share your angle/point of view ;)

cheers!

007 24oz

5 month 1 soak

IMG-20120717-00492.jpg?t=1342492419

IMG-20120717-00489.jpg?t=1342492432

IMG-20120717-00483.jpg?t=1342492448

i cant wait for my 24oz purple faces to get to 5 months!!! i got them in the spring and since then ive only worn them like 20x :(

your 007s are looking great though, i like how they're stacking

Edited by fatKARLOS

• 2 weeks later...

got a nice little tease for u guys.

I was at BIG today and they had just go it in the PBJ XX-017. They were measuring them up and stuff, told me they just got in this morning.

They are the same cut as the xx-011 and xx-013. The denim has a light blue (basically baby blue) weft. I didn't ask about the weight, but based on handling them they are probably 14-16 oz. They are really similar to the purple faces, but with a blue weft instead of purple.

They looked absolutely awesome, a really unique blue that I haven't seen on a pair of japanese jeans before. I would have loved to get a pair, but pbj doesn't suit my body too well.

got a nice little tease for u guys.

I was at BIG today and they had just go it in the PBJ XX-017. They were measuring them up and stuff, told me they just got in this morning.

They are the same cut as the xx-011 and xx-013. The denim has a light blue (basically baby blue) weft. I didn't ask about the weight, but based on handling them they are probably 14-16 oz. They are really similar to the purple faces, but with a blue weft instead of purple.

They looked absolutely awesome, a really unique blue that I haven't seen on a pair of japanese jeans before. I would have loved to get a pair, but pbj doesn't suit my body too well.

niceee thx for d info!

^where at? .... waist, legs, inseam? if you want more shrinkage, it'll definitely shrink further.

although, if you plan on hot soaking, apply leather conditioner &/or wax on the leather patch before the soak.

PBJ patches, especially, easily toast in hot waters.

usually, i keep the patch above scalding water, at 1st, while the jeans soak__ then submerge as water cools down a bit.

Edited by BrownMetallic

^ thanks bro for your answer :)

i was soaked my jeans, with warm water and i forgot to apply leather conditioner on the patch

so i got darker colour at the patch :(

i got shrinkage enough at waist, thigh and inseam

*sorry bad english :mellow: