Pure Blue Japan

midnight

hello guys, I just got a pbj from my friend. It is the xx-002 model with blue tab. I'm wondering if pbj ever have this model back in the old days? I tried google and found nothing about this model. I'm afraid it's a counterfeit.

cross post bros ;)

Syoaiya XX-005

9++ Months

img9810ow.jpg

img9811u.jpg

img9814t.jpg

img9812ie.jpg

img9813j.jpg

img9815kv.jpg

thank you, merci, ÑпаÑибо, danke, gracias, ã‚ã‚ŠãŒã¨ã†, grazie, 谢谢, kiitos, obrigado, شكرا, salamat, cảm Æ¡n bạn, ขอขอบคุณคุณ, takk, ê°ì‚¬í•©ë‹ˆë‹¤, terimakasih, hatur nuhun

;)

I'm thinking about a pair of XX-003. Blue in Green has them in a 30 raw, which equates to a 32 inch waist before soaking. If I just do a cold soak, not a hot/warm soak, how much shrink would I get? Also, with a cold soak only, would the waist stretch back out to 32 after some wears?

Edited by jonmhenderson

Well, I emailed PBJ and this is what i got

Dear Noel Liamson,

Thank you for your email.

We are not producing xx-002 model now. We think that we had made the model

about fifteen years ago.

We are really sorry.

Best regards,

Minako Mochida -------------------------------------

Syoaiya.co.ltd

3-31-20 Jingumae #102, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan

zip: 150-0001

TEL/FAX: 03-3408-6644

email: [email protected]

official web site : http://www.purebluejapan.jp

-------------------------------------

I didn't know that PBJ already in the denim scene for that long. The material used are somewhat different from the one that used on the current models, still slubby but soft inside, it feels like ih 21 oz signature cotton. Really love this pair ^^

Edited by gadot

I'm thinking about a pair of XX-003. Blue in Green has them in a 30 raw, which equates to a 32 inch waist before soaking. If I just do a cold soak, not a hot/warm soak, how much shrink would I get? Also, with a cold soak only, would the waist stretch back out to 32 after some wears?

you can do a 2-step soak__ hot/warm soak the legs [ie, leaving the top block above water]. then, submerge the entire jeans once the water cools off__ keep em soaked for about 30mins more.

denim has good stretch potential__ waistband will stretch out even beyond raw measurement, if needed.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thanks for the for the info! I'm currently wearing Sugar Cane Hawaiis dry. I'm almost to 4 months and am getting good fading/contrast. Could anyone compare the SCs to the PBJs in terms of fading, vertical falling, etc?

OK, after looking at evo pics, I've changed my mind and will be going with the XX-007. I'm a 32 waist and I can't decide whether to get the 29 in raw (32 inch waist according to BiG SOHO chart) and just wear them raw, trying to avoid all H2O, or get the one wash 30, which has the 31.25 waist and hope for stretch, or get the one wash 31, which has a 32.25 waist, and enjoy a relaxed fit like my Sugar Cane Hawaiis. I would like to order today, so any advice would be appreciated!

if you want to get the slimmest sizing, i suggest to dbl check the thigh measurement on the O/W version.

w/e corresponding size you get on the O/W size chart, order it in RAW

.... ie, if thigh measurement is good on the W31 O/W, get the W31 RAW. that way you're sure you won't have sizing issues & you get more control on shrinkage + how you want to break em in.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Well, I ordered the XX-007s yesterday from BIG. I wear a 32 in Sugar Cane Hawaii, and after talking to them about my concerns with the one wash versions ( lots of crinkles from a very rough industrial machine wash), I decided to go with the 30 in raw. I never hot soak, and was assured the raw actual 33 waist would be a 32 with my usual initial cold soak. I figured I'd have minimal indigo loss, and no ugly machine lines on the jeans. I hate that. Will keep everyone updated on my approach to these beautiful jeans.

Well, I ordered the XX-007s yesterday from BIG. I wear a 32 in Sugar Cane Hawaii, and after talking to them about my concerns with the one wash versions ( lots of crinkles from a very rough industrial machine wash), I decided to go with the 30 in raw. I never hot soak, and was assured the raw actual 33 waist would be a 32 with my usual initial cold soak. I figured I'd have minimal indigo loss, and no ugly machine lines on the jeans. I hate that. Will keep everyone updated on my approach to these beautiful jeans.

update? pics?

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to wear them a couple of days and let them settle in first.

B2C460E6-09B9-4AAB-A093-876A6ECFE3A5-2673-0000028CF54127E1.jpg

EF669A7C-9C6A-41BB-936B-640870CA7329-2673-0000028CEDE685F8.jpg

This denim has stretched a good bit, as everyone said. I got the raws and I'm just going to wear them raw. The slubbiness and rough texture of the PBJ denim makes my Sugar Cane Hawaiis look and feel smooth by comparison, and some of you probably know how rough the SC Hawaii denim is.

Edited by jonmhenderson