Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Fellow SuFu member and XX-011 Hall Of Fame champ Malaujai's XX-011s were featured on PBJ's blog! Nice job dude, those jeans just keep looking better and better.

http://www.purebluej...p/archives/4158

Haha that's so cool. The woman in the store showed me these pictures today from her camera. She was indeed talking about a canadian guy.

Damn I missed these posts.. Thanks guys! She was really nice while I was there and had a nice chat with her too! I've repaired my 011's so many times I'm thinking of retiring them soon, but now that they've faded relatively lightly, they might be a good pair of summer jeans...

Rocks second link mentions xx-017 as a blue weft...does this mean there will be a third cut (007, 009, and now 017) with the xx-007 denim?

I went by big a month or two back-- the staff was surprisingly unhelpful and so I haven't been back to purchase 007 or 009s... Maybe I caught them on an off-day?

Edit: fuck you Seul!! Those look great. The taper looks perfect.

Why do pics of 007s by themselves look so wide? They're so fuckin slim... Crazy

Edited by bestie

Cheers darling. They fit pretty much exactly like me Iron Heart 666XHS'es so I'm well stoked... Gonna start wearing these hard May 05... Marking the end of 6 months in the 666... Gonna try and give them hell for 5 months... ^_^

i've got a pair of unworn o/w xx-013's for sale, size 33 tag still attached. $275.00 with shipping included, within the united states.

bought them at blue in green last week. i've decided that the fit just isn't quite suited to me. PM if you're interested : )

(ps, is this in poor form to solicit this in the Pure Blue thread? do let me know if so. i'm still a newb)

Edited by cragdw

I know everyone hates sizing questions but I'm going to be upgrading from New Standards and PBJ's are at the top of my list. I'm wearing size 28 NS right now, have a 31" true waist and 21" thighs. I want something not quite so slim in the thighThe xx005 and xx011/xx013 fits are a little too slim for my liking, so would the one wash xx003 in a size 29 work for me?

Edited by trenchant

Thinking about a pair of one wash 007's again... I bought a pair of sz 29 011's and going by the sizing charts on BiG's site, I'm trying to decide between a sz 29 OW 007 or sz 30 OW 007... I'm afraid the 29's will be too tight in the thighs, but don't want too loose of a fit if I go with the 30's... is the extra 0.25" in the thigh measurement a lot / noticeable?

XX-007 OW: Looking at SZ 29 or SZ 30

pbj_007_ow_2.11.gif

XX-011 OW: I have a pair of SZ 29

pbj_011_ow_3.11.gif

Edited by malaujai

You should check how your 11s fit between the upper thigh and knee as that's more important IMO (but, having very long legs/thighs, I probably have more trouble with a tight lower thigh than you.) Keep in mind that the top thigh will probably always stretch out because you'll stretch it from walking, sitting cross-legged, doing karate kicks, etc.

However, based on your fit pictures the thigh on your 11s is already plenty tight. I'd say go with size 30, I think it would be a little better fit overall. Also, keep in mind the 007 size 29 has a little lower rise than your 11s, which for me at least makes a huge difference in how something fits.

I've been wearing my 11s more often lately. I find these are pretty comfortable and look good if I wear them low for a Thin Finn-esque fit. Takes some getting used to, but it would be a shame to let this awesome denim go to waste.

You should check how your 11s fit between the upper thigh and knee as that's more important IMO (but, having very long legs/thighs, I probably have more trouble with a tight lower thigh than you.) Keep in mind that the top thigh will probably always stretch out because you'll stretch it from walking, sitting cross-legged, doing karate kicks, etc.

However, based on your fit pictures the thigh on your 11s is already plenty tight. I'd say go with size 30, I think it would be a little better fit overall. Also, keep in mind the 007 size 29 has a little lower rise than your 11s, which for me at least makes a huge difference in how something fits.

I've been wearing my 11s more often lately. I find these are pretty comfortable and look good if I wear them low for a Thin Finn-esque fit. Takes some getting used to, but it would be a shame to let this awesome denim go to waste.

Damn, I'm having second thoughts on sz 30 vs. sz 29 for the OW...

I was going to go with the sz 30's but the leg opening measurement is kind of putting me off... I'm a bit of a shorter guy (5'6" - 135 lbs) and my legs aren't freakishly long for my height either so I usually prefer slimmer fitting denim cause it makes me look less imp-ish lol...

I'm worried that the leg opening and overall no taper from knee downwards on the 007's will be a bit too wide for me. TBH (and to each their own), I'm not really fond of the way wide look that nuffsaid has on his pair and would prefer something slimmer.

I guess the numbers are there in the charts though, so if I were to size down to the 29's in the OW then I'd have to put up with a slimmer upper block than even the 011's I had (although the rise seems to be a bit lower on the 007's)...