Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Wanted to get some PBJ's for my lady for her birthday, we're headed to LA - I know Blue In Green sells them in NYC, but we live in CHI and she seldom travels with me for work. She happens to be coming with for this week of work considering it's her birthday and Coachella. Anyhow, was wondering if there's any where in LA to bring her to that has PBJ?

Otherwise we'll probably end up with some 3sixteen's over @ Self Edge.

Cheers,

Jesse

I don't think so. Neither brand is well known outside Amekaji fashion and magazines like Lightning or Daytona Bros.

A lot of people in the overseas denim community don't realize that most of the brands popular on SuFu are part of a very niche Japanese subculture that isn't representative of Japanese fashion at all, let alone how the average person here dresses. Which is a good thing really, because if the stuff we liked was popular it would be difficult for brands like PBJ, which rely on old, slow machines to make low volumes of clothing, to meet the demand.

I think CS is right. Most of the brands here are rather small and do production runs of probably around 300 pairs due to limitations in machine capacity as well potential sales.

Exclusive arrangements are not unusual in the industry to eliminate competition or/and when reasonably large capacities are involved.

I guess due to the size of theses small companies they do not care to much about granting exclusive rights in foreign markets. They are most likely tired of getting small orders from new shops every season only to have the shop break off the relationship after just one season (when the shops realize that they can not afford to trade the product at the required price points).

I believe the details for the specific case of split exclusive rights between BiG and SF can be found in the older threads. Not a nice story, but in the end it's strictly business...

Edited by Foxy2

bought some xx-013's one wash yesterday, size 33.

my other jeans are new cures. the fit is actually pretty different. at least on me, these ride a bit higher, with a longer rise and a little more room from the knee down. overall i like the fit, the denim is beautiful.

my one problem though is that i can't get the fly to stay down. if you'll see, when i stand a certain way it pokes out a little bit..i wonder if that will go away as the waist stretches a little? anyone who's had this experience please advise : )

photo.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

i know these pictures are a lil wack, sorry.

i'm not so sure it's a product of the rise. My Diors do that and after the first wash of my suminando sorahikos they started to do that. I think the trick is to not let that wrinkle set in. As soon as I saw my 45rpms start to do that, I starch sprayed it down like crazy to let the creases form in the opposite direction.

holy shit, i never noticed how dope 007s were...fuck!

luckily i didn't order my flat heads because i might go with 007s...what's the recommend on sizing? tts? i'm looking at big's measurements and it looks like i could get away with sizing down one or even two..

and these (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2805&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62) need a presoak correct?

Edited by mcb

MCB, look at the knee measurement too... that's what gets me. The upper thigh on my 11s is great, it's the middle of the leg that's way too tight. You might consider getting the XX-009, which is the same denim but with a slightly looser leg. You can size down more safely on that fit, I think.

Dunno about that but the 012 with 011 cut and 007 denim will be coming out this july/august, the people at pbj said.

Well seeing as the 013 cut is the same as the 011 cut, this is probably what he was asking about.