I appreciate that Errolson will wear a pair of beat up Visvim shoes for a product shot - that he'll pay tribute to a worn in product I think speaks to the level of quality of his own wares. If I could afford ACR or Visvim, I certainly wouldn't be putting it away after a few scuff marks.

Hey guys. I'm curious about your experience/opinion on this.
I just got my first pair of "tech"-pant - the Mission Workshop Signal pants.
I'm usually a true 34 waist, hence I ordered that size.

Due to the very stretchable fabric, I feel they are way too lose on me. Are you guy experiencing the same? Seems like I'll just have to size down (at least two sizes) - And would those of you who have the MW-pant say the fit on the waist is the same on Outliers pants?

I appreciate that Errolson will wear a pair of beat up Visvim shoes for a product shot - that he'll pay tribute to a worn in product I think speaks to the level of quality of his own wares. If I could afford ACR or Visvim, I certainly wouldn't be putting it away after a few scuff marks.

Errolson's sneakers are from Undercover (circa 2011), priced ~$200. I agree they look great beat up. Visvim skagways are typically priced ~$500-$800. These new skagways are for the FW14 collection and started trickling into retail reseller stores last week. They are priced about ~$1,250. In contrast to all the hype previews, thebureaubelfast pics show that the zip is removable instead of an integrated watertight ykk as I previously assumed. I still think the shearling skagways look nice and versatile but I pass on many great looking shoes (e.g. y3 qasa, sisp slipons) because they aren't waterproof...

In Chicago atm and stopped by the ministry of supply pop up. As a dude with bigger thighs, I was really stoked after trying on the regular fit Aviator chinos. They fit similar to nyco slims but with a dryskin-like fabric. Can't comment on water repellancy but the 4 way stretch was great. At half the price of outlier, I'd def recommend them. Tried on the slim fit version and dug those too since they had a nice taper goin on but they were a little tight overall imo. Talked to the founder and she said that all pants come w a standard long inseam, but you can get em tailored and they'll reimburse the cost. Thinking of getting the regular fit and tapering to my liking so I can get something in between those fits. Was cool to see this shit before buying bc I was on the fence before, having only seen their kickstarter a couple years back.

the visvim hype cycle...

O8soTHE.gif

66jMCpN.jpg

slXiZMm.gif

7UVYq6U.png

LtWCFO7.gif

skagway = $$

gsk4TnH.gif

new skagway = 2 x $$

:blink2:

JxVCGqM.jpg

Is this even waterproof?

:unsure2:

LlJZOSM.gif

Does anyone know what kind of shoes these are/where to get them?

Here's a link to the Junya sneakers on Rakuten in case you'd like to cop.

Edited by Endless

Anyone know of some good light water-resistant technical top layers? Looks like I may have to spend a month on a research vessel and in the middle of nowhere I don't think anyone really wants someone wearing all black and grey with a dash of khaki on a boat since that's basically begging to be lost at sea. Actually, if anyone has suggestions for boat-friendly techwear (keeping in mind Equatorial, not Arctic) I'd be really interested.

A couple of the people I've talked to over PMs have asked me how the hunt for hot-weather techwear is going. Well, kind of shit. I don't tend to wear techwear these days unless I'm actively doing field work and need performance clothes (I can't stand the cuts on most outdoorsy stuff, tends to be huge) but I've had a little bit of luck finding some working alternatives more from the aesthetic standpoint than the ultra-technical fabric standpoint. Last DRKSHDW season had some light cotton pants with great construction that work really well for hot weather while looking like the kind of thing you'd want for a hotter day. Need to get them tailored a bit still, and they'll probably get the shit beaten out of them before too long:

11267g4.jpg

And on a totally different note I picked up this Maharishi blazer because it's the dumbest/best:

b4uu74.jpg

Sold out.

Haven't really followed Isaora until recently cause I'm interested in copping one of their shells. I've read their jackets run big - is the sizing the same across the board? I'm usually a small in outerwear but I'm worried if I get a XS it won't fit my shoulders, though I'm sure the sleeve length would be perfect for me.

norse-projects-rokkvi-neoshell-2-black-2rokki_2_0_black_01.jpg12133_49635fc6b0-rokkvi-black-big.jpg

Really liking this jacket from Norse, you guys think it's worth the money (€700) or better save for something like Acronym?

- 100% Nylon Polartec Neoshell® 3-layer outer fabric
- Highly breathable (2L / M² - ISO9237) and fully waterproof to 10,000mm+
- Durable water repellent finish
- 600 Fill European Goose Down (90% Down, 10% feather fill)
- Fully taped internal seams with internal pocket and adjustable waist
- 99.9% wind resistant with external storm-snap closures along the zip-line and pockets
- Swiss engineered waterproof Riri zips with auto-lock puller

Edited by northernlight

Really liking this jacket from Norse, you guys think it's worth the money (€700) or better save for something like Acronym?

They serve different aesthetics and function. If you need lots of warmth then get Norse first. That jacket is also available in a Loro Piana Storm System wool version which is as luxurious as some of Acronym's jackets

Anyone know of some good light water-resistant technical top layers? Looks like I may have to spend a month on a research vessel and in the middle of nowhere I don't think anyone really wants someone wearing all black and grey with a dash of khaki on a boat since that's basically begging to be lost at sea. Actually, if anyone has suggestions for boat-friendly techwear (keeping in mind Equatorial, not Arctic) I'd be really interested.

Rethink that if it's equatorial.. Get something quick drying instead of water-resistant, The warmth will come into play and you will be sweating wearing water resistant stuff. Patagonia has some quick drying t's( Capilene 1) which I love to surf in. They are dry within ten minutes out of the water and have a spf 50..There are more brands but they do not get to me now.. 

I used to take a thin waterproof jacket, board shorts, thin cotton poly blend T shirts, full foul weather suit, merino underwear (long johns and shorts and T's) and short wellies  along my live a boards in the tropics..

arc'teryx has the skyline shirt in both ls and ss which are insanely quick drying, ultra lightweight, strechy, breathable and dwr-treated. allround awesomeness for warm and humid weather. 

if you want something a little dressier the outlier air forged oxfords are great in warm weather too.

Haven't really followed Isaora until recently cause I'm interested in copping one of their shells. I've read their jackets run big - is the sizing the same across the board? I'm usually a small in outerwear but I'm worried if I get a XS it won't fit my shoulders, though I'm sure the sleeve length would be perfect for me.

I'm a S in Veilance, S in Acronym, XS in Isaora

Edited by justinrr

I'm a S in Veilance, S in Acronym, XS in Isaora

I wouldn't call Veilane's sizing consistent enought to say you're ____ size. I've definitely had pieces where I'm firmly a small and others where I'm very much an XS.