supertalk6

I must admit I like the LOT2046 concept but I do not understand why should I be paying and recieving random stuff for first months just to test waters and adjust for future LOTs, when there is already so much options on the market and if you like tighter black nobrand tees you have probably already found out your favorite. What would most people do with a tattoo machine? @brainerd666 (and everyone who signed for it) would you mind creating a separate thread and post what you got each month and how you tailored your preferences? (I know I am asking a lot, but I am really curious, but not 99usd/month curious). Thanks in advance!

Edited by danii

@danii Will do. Regarding the algorithms ruling our lives conversation... I've yet to see any other service actually predict my wants. Needs perhaps. To a degree. But neither amazon, ebay, Facebook (the latter of which I dropped almost two years ago) etc etc ever seem to be able to properly track what appeals to me aesthetically. I also despise having to remember to shop for basics such as said t-shirts, as well as socks, soap and such. That aspect appeals to me greatly. The idea of having a potentially close to true black article of clothing on hand is also rather appealing. I often prefer a bit of patina, but new black always has a certain charm. I am curious what their end use/repurposing program is regarding the return of used goods. I'm planning to shoot them a bit of correspondence tomorrow to see what they have to say in that regard. 

Double post strikes again. 

Edited by brainerd666

On a whole other topic...

For some reason this: 

Reminds me of this: 

1. above post is absolutely hilarious 

2. I was speaking of the influence of algorithms more in the sense of what the companies we have already mentioned (Facebook, Amazon, Instagram, eBay, etc) on less politically involved people, none of them have tracked my aesthetic properly either, but I know it is desperately trying to, and meld it with whatever it thinks the most effective advertising possible is (Instagram is becoming especially obnoxious here). I don't think that it will be able to predict the wants of people closer to the fringe for a while still. 

The whole thing reminds me of that bit in Idoru about Slitscan's audience being able "only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections.”

Returning to more topical material

I would love to hear about LOT whenever you want to share. I can't disagree with you. Shopping for basics is a total pain, and is boring, 

most of the algorithms on sites mentioned above work in a pretty lame way and they are based on other users who look/buy/wish same things as you are. only site that kinda works is pinterest and l would say it's because they use image analysis too. according to the ssense article l am under the impression that it's more l. then A.I. (LOT:would you prefer another color of your items? USER:yes LOT sends in gray shirt).

if you gave them access to your social media they would be able to harvest some big data and adjust you preference (you like few let's say #lunarcore fits and LOT sends you white jacket instead of black one). or even access your cookies to be full gibsonian and send you long sleeve tshirt because you were recently searching for one, send you shorts because it knows that next month you booked an appartment in Croatia via airbnb, send you a merino shirt because your speed and gps route seems like you cycle to the work.

on the other hand that would require not just AI better than fb/amazon/sumally/pinterest but most importantly a almost bespoke production for each user which is something l can see working for fewer users and LOT2046 approach is otherway round: the more subscribers the better items (they create them in LOTs).

yeah shopping for basics sounds like a boring thing, but it really takes just one search for favorite brand and you buy truckload of boxers(or other underwear design, don't know about you but l cannot wear briefs)  and if you need replacement you just buy them again. 

speaking of underwear, what brand do you wear? l spent some time searching for best pair while ago, so far my most favorite ones are d.hedral seamless series (warning the site features extremely macho imagery). l have enough pairs to wear them between washing and my oldest pair is like 3-4 years old and still 10/10.

Edited by danii

I went commando for years till I found these https://www.meundies.com/products/trunk (careful, super metro imagery)

Super comfy. Super durable. Super cool fabric, both literally and figuratively. And my girlfriends have seemed to like the way they look;) I've had the same few pairs for a few years now, and they've held up excellently.  

UNIQLO Airism. Don't know if they sell it outside of Asia (it's a summer only product here).

As for the LOT talk, I do not have enough 3rd world pennies to subscribe to it, but please let us know how it goes.

It would be 10/10 if even this first encounter is already an example of the brand tailoring itself.

i.e. Somebody with very different demographics, seeing a LOT site that sells brightly colored basics, gardening tools, and a packet of chia seeds.

3 hours ago, WillKhitie said:

UNIQLO Airism. Don't know if they sell it outside of Asia (it's a summer only product here).

As for the LOT talk, I do not have enough 3rd world pennies to subscribe to it, but please let us know how it goes.

It would be 10/10 if even this first encounter is already an example of the brand tailoring itself.

i.e. Somebody with very different demographics, seeing a LOT site that sells brightly colored basics, gardening tools, and a packet of chia seeds.

Now that

IS what I am talking about!

Unfortunately, that is very unlikely

LOT's Instagram is pretty in line with the stylizing we have already seen

A quick Google search leads me to multiple more articles describing LOT as such things as "a Goth Birchbox"

as well as a.. less than active subreddit 

this apparently is the website of the creator: Vadik Marmeladov

Unfortunately, it does seem that everything will only be black

so either this is the actual aesthetic 

OR, this is Wintermute in the flesh

This is a very different KIND of Techwear 

LOT is not about water resistance or articulation, at least I don't think it is, but it is another beast.

In the second article above, the creator says:

“What we see in fashion now is just the same shit they were doing hundreds of years. Fashion thinks if they start to use technology, it won’t be as beautiful or as deep or as luxury. Actually, it will be so much better, so much more luxury, so much more beautiful.”

The very basis of LOT's aesthetic is technological. I think that Marmeladov is moving towards fashion as a literal product of technology: AI designed fashion.

This is only the start

Now I need to make a choice: ACR FW18 or LOT

On 30/07/2017 at 10:27 AM, danii said:

Speaking of underwear, what brand do you wear? l spent some time searching for best pair while ago, so far my most favorite ones are d.hedral seamless series (warning the site features extremely macho imagery). l have enough pairs to wear them between washing and my oldest pair is like 3-4 years old and still 10/10.

Underarmour Boxerjocks are the best I've found personally. Great fit, build and material, and they're almost dry as they come out of the washing machine.

i only wear icebreaker merino boxer briefs. expensive as fuck but worth it.

Eying a pair of Flyknit Mercurials on sale- How do you guys like to wear these? I don't really think it's possible to blouse them, but if anyone has any photos or recommendations, I'm all ears.

Edited by limeaide

I've actually decided to "upgrade" my underwear over the last year so I have embarked on a quest to find the best one. Here's my thoughts:

Zimmerli: quite frankly a step above everything, price included. not sure that you can justify paying $80+ for a pair of boxer though, regardless of how awesome they are

Icebreaker merino: as mentioned above, they are awesome. also fairly easy to grab on sale. I hate branding on the elastic band so that annoys me. 

Sunspel: 100% cotton is what feels the most comfortable to me (all down to preference of course). the drawback of 100% cotton is that the trunks tend to stretch a fair bit, creating an unflattering, granpa look due to the band at the bottom not stretching as much and the trunk "bunching". Of course not an issue with their stretch cotton, but offerings are limited

Rapha (essential & merino): really awesome and probably the best designed. on the pricey side and perhaps a little longer than I normally prefer though

Paul Smith: Got some as a gift and wasn't expecting much, but I've come to really appreciate them. 100% cotton with a stretch and very comfy. 

On 05.07.2017 at 7:27 PM, Bigyen said:

Small Questions Thread Edition:

What is this jacket with this small dorsal fin on the hood and what would that be for?

I think the image with the dog shows the rest of the jacket for reference.

I figured ask here because my guess is it's a military design.

If I am wrong let the neg rep fly.

On this pictures Fidel Castro during his visit in Russia in 1963. He wears a jacket of Russian fishermens. He got it when he was fishing on Baikal Lake. And this is a baby bear, not a dog

2329670153.jpg

William Gibson retweeted my techwear fit so I'm just geeking out fuckin hard here 

I took a look online at the Norse Projects Gore  Tex Parka but found it too short, the library images are deceptive as It appears as though it was much longer so sadly I'll not be investing in it, shame as I would love a long white parka, might have to look in the military surplus to see if there is anything there?

Be interested to see one constructed from dyneema also.

Liking the trousers but fabric depending, tend to pill a bit.

I don't know why but I always seem to gravitate toward the design of Y3, not so much on that long space pirate type coat though! -

I guess it's a little more avant garde, slightly less tech, but great prices in the sales ! Y-3 Sport being little more techcentric?

I love my future pants I have from them soooo comfy.