been a minute since I checked in here, been neck deep ramping up for FW14, but wanted to share a pant style I've been pretty stoked on that we introduced this last season. We weren't sure what the response would be, but it's been pretty insane so far.

98% cotton ripstop, 2% elastine. Tapered fit, 3" ribbed cuff, dual F-Stop pockets. All designed and built in SF. 

Would love some feedback or ideas, thinking of doing this same pant in a couple different fabrics for FW14.

More detail shots here.

I really like these pants.  I like the texture the ripstop gives and I do agree these in the 3X would be sick, but price probative.

I think if you removed the cuff, but added in a hidden zipper on the back of the leg it would improve the look and functionally as the user could essentially choose the taper they want.

Keep up the great work OkayOkay!

been a minute since I checked in here, been neck deep ramping up for FW14, but wanted to share a pant style I've been pretty stoked on that we introduced this last season. We

weren't sure what the response would be, but it's been pretty insane so far.

98% cotton ripstop, 2% elastine. Tapered fit, 3" ribbed cuff, dual F-Stop pockets. All designed and built in SF. 

p0bu.jpg

deyd.jpg

Would love some feedback or ideas, thinking of doing this same pant in a couple different fabrics for FW14.

More detail shots here.

I think you should try a tapered ankle with a zipper.

Gonna rebuild one with a zipper, will post pics. Might be wonky at first, but I know we can do it. We added zips / gussets into the Recon Nanosphere pant for a homie so he could snowboard in them, just gotta figure out how to bind it to the ripstop so it doesn't wave. 

Here's a different angle fit pic of the pants, my production guy and I end up matching way too often in the office.

o508.png

the fit on the right looks great. I like where the pockets are now actually, but I agree that the cuffed ankles should be changed to elastic hems or something where you can adjust the taper. I'm a fan of ripstop but 3x could be a welcome upgrade. i'm interested in seeing where you go with these. 

Okaykay, you gus are really homing in on a great military/tech aesthetic at the moment. Compliments all around. I was actually contemplating to pick these pants up last week, but the rib cuffs made me hesitate. Not because i don't like the ribknit, but because i wasnt sure it fit the overall aesthetic. Fit pic is swaying me back, though.

I think everyone agrees that the loose top block/tapered leg combo works great on this particular model. One of the things that can help in picking how the taper should end is how the fabric drapes with the different hem options. Ribknit results in a subtly bloused look, which adds to the mil Esthetic but can also end up looking sloppy. A zip gusset gives you a more pronounced taper and elastic or drawcord makes for a very abrubt end and a strong blousing effect. No adjustment and simply tapering down allows for pinrolling which is a nice option to have and probably the most conventional.

Because the pattern looks so nice, i'd say keep a ripstop variant for summer, and add a schoeller version (not laminated or lined but single or double weave, maybe brushed) for three season use. The rib knit cuffs are more befitting of a summer piece and then the schoeller one can either do gusset zips or, thanks to it's stretch, a simple strong taper that allows for rolling. Best of both worlds, right?

At any rate i love where you guys are going both aesthetically and technically.

Edited to add i have a recurring fantasy about dark, warm grey colorways for tech pants that look like weather-beaten brutalist concrete architecture.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Okaykay, you gus are really homing in on a great military/tech aesthetic at the moment. Compliments all around. I was actually contemplating to pick these pants up last week, but the rib cuffs made me hesitate. Not because i don't like the ribknit, but because i wasnt sure it fit the overall aesthetic. Fit pic is swaying me back, though.

I think everyone agrees that the loose top block/tapered leg combo works great on this particular model. One of the things that can help in picking how the taper should end is how the fabric drapes with the different hem options. Ribknit results in a subtly bloused look, which adds to the mil Esthetic but can also end up looking sloppy. A zip gusset gives you a more pronounced taper and elastic or drawcord makes for a very abrubt end and a strong blousing effect. No adjustment and simply tapering down allows for pinrolling which is a nice option to have and probably the most conventional.

Because the pattern looks so nice, i'd say keep a ripstop variant for summer, and add a schoeller version (not laminated or lined but single or double weave, maybe brushed) for three season use. The rib knit cuffs are more befitting of a summer piece and then the schoeller one can either do gusset zips or, thanks to it's stretch, a simple strong taper that allows for rolling. Best of both worlds, right?

At any rate i love where you guys are going both aesthetically and technically.

Edited to add i have a recurring fantasy about dark, warm grey colorways for tech pants that look like weather-beaten brutalist concrete architecture.

I need a pair with a tapered zipper ankle for the summer in that grey colorway you were talking about badly please.

Not my style but still pretty cool GORETEX crusher/boonie cap, might look pretty dope with a full ACR kit.

http://www.stussy.com/us/nexusvii-rain-crusher-hat

Too bad there isn't a review of this nexusvii cap and the BBS rain hat. And if I had the budget would toss in the Supreme ventile bucket hat that some fool is asking $199 $149 for on ebay.

I'm still on the lookout...

Best Made Company — The Ventile Cap

yyDfKtYl.jpg

Predawn Ventile Work caps

bRgl5hXl.jpg

Re: commuter cargos, I ordered them last sale and sent them back, they were insanely bulky feeling

Re: pants, having a short inseam relative to waist, I would never buy a pair with an unalterable hem due to zipper etc unless I was dead sure they would fit. I am not under the impression that production run mins afford different inseam options... Just a thought

Too bad there isn't a review of this nexusvii cap and the BBS rain hat. And if I had the budget would toss in the Supreme ventile bucket hat that some fool is asking $199 $149 for on ebay.

I'm still on the lookout...

Best Made Company — The Ventile Cap

yyDfKtYl.jpg

Predawn Ventile Work caps

bRgl5hXl.jpg

Do you remember the mainline arcteryx zack hat they did last FW. It was a driving cap that I believe was 2L seam sealed.

Hesitated on pulling the trigger and missed out. Really wish they'd bring it back.

Do you remember the mainline arcteryx zack hat they did last FW. It was a driving cap that I believe was 2L seam sealed.

Hesitated on pulling the trigger and missed out. Really wish they'd bring it back.

Aye, I had that and sold it on SuFu to zackl111 a few months ago. Driving caps not really my thing

I wear driving caps most of the time and I gave up on the Zach after a fruitless search awhile back.

Unless the hat has taped seams it's prob not gonna do much in actual rain. I've kinda given up and just went the wool route. If anyone has leads I'd be super interested

Winter is coming; time to bust out the earflaps

Tilley has hats in various styles and colors made with schoeller c_change wool (and cork lol). Definitely useful:

zqUSOJf.pngjMnBcCk.png

Wigens makes ivy/newsboy caps (and a few baseball caps) in lots of fabrics including goretex, ventile and loro piana storm system wool e.g. baseball and newsboy:

pRKOGrR.pngfxZIufU.png

I wear driving caps most of the time and I gave up on the Zach after a fruitless search awhile back.

Unless the hat has taped seams it's prob not gonna do much in actual rain. I've kinda given up and just went the wool route. If anyone has leads I'd be super interested

I own a zach. It fits kinda tight but its a cool piece. Suprised you couldnt find one as they were pretty widely distributed.

Good looking out @ SuE, I'm feeling both of those newsboy caps. 

@inkinsurgent, I was surprised as well that I couldn't find one anywhere. I check the bay reuglarly, and the market and nothing has turned up.

It's my own fault they had my size last year for months after FW, I just hesitated as I've got a pretty big dome and hats don't always fit me well.