kasper: try to make the isa staff let you in their showroom. also the w+k shop had isa but i am not sure on availability of both goods and the store.

thanks, i emailed and they let me pass by to try on stuff, really cool people and will definitely kop jacket now!!

Hey Tigerprawn, you wear your Outlier to work in an office right? Thinking about its time my Uniqlo wool trousers get replaced with more comfortable trousers that can take everyday wear and tear. I can see that some of my Uniqlo wool trousers are starting to show signs of wear, which FWIW, is not too bad for after a 1+ year of rotated wear every week (5 pairs). I'm at my desk a lot so I think that stresses out the seat area. Been thinking about Outlier for awhile now for that very reason plus it seems their material is robust enough and repels liquid (re: coffee running right off, right?)

Which cut of pants you like? I would have to tuck my shirts, and I tend to have bigger thighs to ankle ratio, but this can be fixed by a tailor. Outlier pants are pretty friendly at the alterations right? I would like essentially navy and grays. Office is lax enough for Outlier pants so I am a bit excited to change things up.

Was going to PM you, but wanted to see what others thoughts are. You can PM me with the reply if you want.

Edited by gettoasty

...well it was just a taster, for the record, I feel that the Shadow Project collection has, in my opinion, diminished in it's forward looking aesthetic.

wondering ig that is the Stone island influence rather than the Errolson design, if you catch my drift ?

anyone got the outlier ultramarine shirt and care to comment on it?

You mean Supermarine shirt? I dig it. The cotton is realllll stiff in the beginning. Like all Epic and Stotz stuff, it shows wear with use. Typical Outlier sizing. I found the collar real tight in the beginning, but that's loosened up. It's a heaver weave (compared to other pieces with Epic and Stotz) so it's fairly 'warm'.

it is a little strange with the shadow project. it seems they could be not bothered with what is thought as the pinnacle of stone island in their london flagship store.

the a/w collection arrived late, they didn't hold all of the collection, some of the pieces they only had in one size and it was shoved into a corner at the rear. although their 30th anniversary rightly does hold precedence I can't remember if they even had one shadow jacket as part of their window display.

they don't seem to be innovating or pushing the envelope in turns of design or fabric technology, there's nothing really fresh or exciting. maybe errolson (spreading himself thin with other projects, such as laminar) or si or both are getting a somewhat tired with it.

Edited by scamster

You mean Supermarine shirt? I dig it. The cotton is realllll stiff in the beginning. Like all Epic and Stotz stuff, it shows wear with use. Typical Outlier sizing. I found the collar real tight in the beginning, but that's loosened up. It's a heaver weave (compared to other pieces with Epic and Stotz) so it's fairly 'warm'.

right, supermarine. i guess ultramarine is a logical freudian slip for a designer. thanks for the heads up, i was mainly wondering whether it'd drape and feel like a shirt or more like a cotton button up jacket.

was just looking at those Tigerprawn on oki-ni ;)

is it not one of the reasons why we like sisp because it is niche, sort of hidden in it's very nature. maybe that's why it's at the back of the shop, it's stealthy, you have to look for it ;)

you're right though previous collections had you salivating and clamouring for every piece, the last couple of collections have left me a little uninspired sadly.

oyNud.jpgIt also comes in matte army green, matte brown, matte black, and reflective black. This scratches an itch...and the mask portion is detachable so you could pretend to be normal if you are into that/prefer unimpeded breathing. Edited by Northwest

Updates

Isaora

Somewhat of a warning for those buying Isaora gear. Maybe this is something that is specifically online or through those "discount sites" like Gilt.

what you're describing is common practice in the industry, it's called patterning. very rife and my understanding is that gilt does a lot of trade in it - i haven't bought anything from them in 4-5 years after a bad experience (they were fine at first).

Edited by readytoignite

spilled tea on my outlier climbers. i don't know what made me surprised- that i spilled the tea, or that it soaked. on the bright side, it didn't really soak all the way, and it dried fast. i'm going spray all my pants with some dwr spray to see it that helps.

what is that even for?

Are we discussing original intended use? It's a motorcycle helmet. But the matte black version especially brings up thoughts of the urban response teams of the alphabet boys, such as SWAT.

On a related note, I will post some screen caps in here tomorrow of the military response units in Makoto Shinkai's "Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below." He's one of my new favorite animators and my current avatar is from that film.

7tirR.jpgW7gcg.jpg

I especially like the boxy backpack with accessory straps. A lot of techwear's appeal for lies in its use of geometric shapes and harder lines where traditional fashions tend to opt for gentler curves that echo human physiology.

agree with Brainboy. taking a general scope with the utilitarian nature of techwear it is designed for function, to be used. fashion design usually observes primarily the aesthetic, sometimes without much thought for its intended use.

as with all good design form ever follows function.