Acronym.

Westbrook

11 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

i know it's a meme now but MIE>MIC. i thought the MIC items would be priced lower but this j1b is kinda high.

also kith just loaded the new acronym items.

https://kith.com/collections/acronym/products/acj1b-gt-wht

g'zus kith kindly can pay the taxes for you, nice of them (_sarcasm) bringing the total to the uk for j1b-gt at £2032.13

lol :rolleyes: fuck right off

If I look at it from a production standpoint they’re producing a number of complicated garments. I’d assume their throughput and general functional quality checks for various garments (taking into account several materials, colors, etc) is barely enough to meet their release timelines. 

Threads can be missed. Logos and graphics can be misapplied. I’m not happy that these small issues exist, but it may not make “process sense” for the brand. 

1 hour ago, leg said:

Acronym was always synonymous with quality. Fabrics (not stotz or epic), patterns, quality control, branding etc.

gonna have to disagree on that.  Acronym has been more synonymous with pushing the envelope in terms of design and function and for the most part, they did a decent job with construction but i've had acrnm jackets that were brand new with seam tape coming off the edges.  I think naturally you think that if something is made with utility being at the forefront of the design process that quality would need to be a part of that equation since you can't keep using a tool/piece of clothing if if it starts coming apart regardless of how well it's designed.  Arc'teryx on the other hand is a brand that i feel is more synonymous with quality and they stand by the quality of their products with their amazing warranty.  their construction for multiple layer fabrics and outdoor gear is unmattttcheeeedd

Edited by segue
update

I have a hunch the customer service is at least decent enough for them to send out replacement logo tags if you show them yours is f'd up. It'll certainly be a more interesting topic if they don't...

I think I read the webbing fabric is different too? I wonder if the webbing differs between any of the belts in the trousers. I thought I had read from this forum that they were using quite a high quality German mfg for the nylon materials (tec sys, jacket sling, etc) so it would be disappointing to see that be swapped out with a lesser quality mfg. 

The sleeve fasteners on my J59 and J72 are on completely opposite sides. Pretty much a complete blunder for liner+jacket interop. But I don't really have any criticisms to offer because they still design Tilak as far as I know, which is what I would buy if I needed Arc'teryx, TNF or Patagonia type of customer service/warranty to fix those sorts of issues. I'm hesitant about the most recently produced Acronym but I think this is part of an existing trade off. 

5 hours ago, Chyyy said:

FW2021 MIC Amazing QC

A year ago I got P30A with one leg longer than other by 2 inches. Good local tailor took care of it, but... it's 1k pants, wtf?! It was first ACR pants made in China.

It's amazing that what started as a minor quip on the alignment of logo tape has turned into a full blown expose on MiC quality all of a sudden.

Keep these reports coming in guys. I remember only good reviews of the P30A when they came out last year so @zoobre's situation comes as a shock.

I remember the J63a auxzip fiasco in 2018, but don't remember a QC issue of this scale even for MiC products.

16 minutes ago, chichaiho said:

Is someone's package delivery delayed? My destination is Hong Kong and it has been stuck in the warehouse for 5 days

Not sure if it could be the same case for HK but I had to provide my tax ID to release it from a warehouse in the US. Have you tried calling to inquire on the status?

5 hours ago, iamundying said:

It's amazing that what started as a minor quip on the alignment of logo tape has turned into a full blown expose on MiC quality all of a sudden.

Keep these reports coming in guys. I remember only good reviews of the P30A when they came out last year so @zoobre's situation comes as a shock.

I remember the J63a auxzip fiasco in 2018, but don't remember a QC issue of this scale even for MiC products.

China / Asia is usually great with quality control pending the money and the correct people are overseeing manufacturing. From professional experience small details like this are common in the first few years or can pop up out of no where if controls aren't put in place when production tries to scale up. I hope they figure this out. Shit, I'd gladly "consult" because I love the product.

7分鐘前,Ayayron說:

不確定香港是否會遇到這種情況,但我必須提供稅號才能從美國的倉庫中放出來。您是否嘗試致電詢問狀態?

我還沒有打電話詢問。這不是它第一次運到香港,但這是我第一次遇到這種情況。我上班時會打電話給他們,謝謝。

Edited by chichaiho

1 hour ago, chichaiho said:

我還沒有打電話詢問。這不是它第一次運到香港,但這是我第一次遇到這種情況。我上班時會打電話給他們,謝謝。

sorry, not sure who ships in HK, but in US, UPS usually handles acr shipments. I had to call their brokerage dept and give them my tax ID to release my package from a warehouse. IDK if your courier would require the same information though.

2 hours ago, chichaiho said:

Is someone's package delivery delayed? My destination is Hong Kong and it has been stuck in the warehouse for 5 days

My last package was stuck in CZ UPS warehouse for almost two weeks. I called UPS and they said there was nothing required, they were just waiting for CZ customs to process the package. As mentioned if it is in your destination country held at a warehouse there’s a higher chance they need something from you. 

Edited by thatslapz

Quick question. This is the hem toggle on the right right side of j1a-gt2.2. Is there a way to fix this spring? the spring exposed is what it should be but the spring seems to have lost its tension completely somehow and is in the open position that is shown. 

i have to manually pull it out to tighten. 
~Lefty

35F29D7D-1F67-4EA9-8E2A-65DC8AB0C891.jpeg

42A4AA9E-8C03-43ED-92B0-1D4D54F0B561.jpeg

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

33 minutes ago, frenchbulldog said:

humble j1e flex by señor quality control lmao

How do you know someone is an engineer...they’ll tell you without asking. 

lol

I’m just chiming in because I’m over here staring at excel and debating if I should frisbee my computer  

a first world gripe if there ever was one...

J68-PL owners: are any of you experiencing a minor but annoying 'snag' or 'catch' when removing your hands from the jacket pockets? the cuff tightener on the jacket has c.5mm of fabric that doesn't have velcro on it, so doesn't fasten neatly at the end. and it catches every. damn. time. I remove my hands from the jacket pockets. it actually makes it reasonably difficult to remove my hands on occasion. ha.

maybe I need to buy some gloves... or maybe I need lower expectations... but as a guy who cycles pretty much everywhere - and needs to access pockets on the move - it's actually weirdly dangerous :wacko:

1 hour ago, mikon_nikon said:

a first world gripe if there ever was one...

J68-PL owners: are any of you experiencing a minor but annoying 'snag' or 'catch' when removing your hands from the jacket pockets? the cuff tightener on the jacket has c.5mm of fabric that doesn't have velcro on it, so doesn't fasten neatly at the end. and it catches every. damn. time. I remove my hands from the jacket pockets. it actually makes it reasonably difficult to remove my hands on occasion. ha.

maybe I need to buy some gloves... or maybe I need lower expectations... but as a guy who cycles pretty much everywhere - and needs to access pockets on the move - it's actually weirdly dangerous :wacko:

I don't own J68 so can't comment on that jacket. But I have the same issue with J47 when I take my hands out of the pockets - there's a slight snag on the way out because the zipper isn't sewn completely on the edges and it interacts with the sleeve velcro. First world problem, but problem nonetheless! J1A has no issues though cause the zipper is sewn on the edges.

To chime in on the MiC conversation - The zipper track on my J1A 2.2 was all dinged up and jagged (as if they used a zipper that was rejected and didn't pass QC) when I received it brand new.  Didn't want to make a big fuss about it at the time. But figured I'd add my experiences into the mix..

The velcro being caught issue is definitely the type of feedback I think they would appreciate if you DM'd or @ one of the design staff especially since the team is pretty focused on pumping out improved iterations of their products. Even if it's not everyone having the issue, there's still something that could be fixed there.

i'm convinced acr is aware of this specific downside of self-fabric cuffs with sewn on velcro and keeps using them because they prefer the aesthetic.

almost all high end brands use laminated and die-cut cuffs for this very reason, but the self fabric cuffs have that retro/military vibe they're after.

it's also why you (almost) never see adjustable cuffs on veilance pieces -  they use stretch cuffs and gaiters. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent