Westbrook

Acronym.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

::? Michael Clayton ... my name is S. ::

Are you okay

This might have been asked before but how are you guys washing your encapsulated nylon fabric?

sorry, I’m too lazy to search the thread. 

8 minutes ago, wexler said:

I’ve done warm w/ Grangers double rinse no issue. Now back to fw20 or should we continue speculating acrnm’s business model?

Is WS durable enough to wear outdoors? Like would tree branches tear it up, etc. I know GTX 3L is thick enough for sure.

12 minutes ago, wexler said:

I’ve done warm w/ Grangers double rinse no issue. Now back to fw20 or should we continue speculating acrnm’s business model?

Damn, I definitely like the RAF a lot better than my Multi.

Got the info I needed. Thanks y’all  

E5FD4044-F740-4E71-8C2A-5D590690FF40.thumb.jpeg.4f9c4f5a0a935146197cd164f063cb70.jpeg

From the consensus, there’s a lot of different ways to go about it. Everyone is using grangers in a gentle cycle then either hang dry or put into dryer at low settings. 

Ssense dropped if people were looking for RAF 68 still 

Able to get a slightly better idea of Alpha and Raf WS vs DS hues as too

image.thumb.png.cd9cee88bf7c57d6623bbb80f549dd08.pngimage.thumb.png.ba1f8810f9f506c0ee44ae607bd2dd6e.png

1 hour ago, Flipflop214 said:

From the consensus

Curious as to how much difference there is in treating the new nylon vs. the old cotton-based Epic fabrics? I've got a few ACR pieces that are Epic (but not 'encapsulated nylon') and they get the same cleaning cycle as any Stotz/Ventile/Supermarine piece.

2 hours ago, wexler said:

642DA53A-51D6-4068-A07F-B60437CF6112.jpeg

Maybe it’s the puffiness, I feel the j68-pl raf looks a lot better than the j68-s raf

I’ve only had this P36–E for a day but I can already tell that it’ll be more machine washable than the unblended cotton ver.  There’s no fade as well, at least I can’t tell.  Unlike epic and ventile where you can see an immediate change (fade) to the fabric after a wash (even hand washing it). 
I only spot clean regular cotton epic and ventile. I only wash em if I really have to.  

2 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

I’ve only had this P36–E for a day but I can already tell that it’ll be more machine washable than the unblended cotton ver.  There’s no fade as well, at least I can’t tell.  Unlike epic and ventile where you can see an immediate change (fade) to the fabric after a wash (even hand washing it). 
I only spot clean regular cotton epic and ventile. I only wash em if I really have to.  

I followed tag directions on my P10a-E’s. Washed em 2-3 times with heavy wear in between and saw no real noticeable difference in the fit and finish overall

2 hours ago, Tilore said:

Ssense dropped if people were looking for RAF 68 still 

Able to get a slightly better idea of Alpha and Raf WS vs DS hues as too

Slightly more expensive than Haven :(  - But yeah, seems like they hardly got any stock - 2/3 of every size roughly

Does anyone own RAF in all the diff materials and can do a side-by-side colour comparison of them all?

Edited by jasonlao

23 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

How does it react to abrasions? 

Better or equal to the 2018 and forward DS imo

which is to say- fucking great

Edited by brainerd666

What are your first impressions @wexler on the J68-PL? Hopefully my order lands today which has seemed like an eternity.

I wash all my non GT acrnm with regular cycle and powdered detergent, grangers would be too luxurious 

I’ve washed my p10a-e and p34-e more than 10 times each, still look brand new 

What is the tariff code for j68-pl in US. 

sorry about that they have specific HTS  this time

Edited by Hergert

I really like the C1-AJ sweater. Does anybody when it'll drop and at what price? I'm guessing it'll be a bit higher priced than the C1-AM.

Edited by philipo

8 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

What are your first impressions @wexler on the J68-PL? Hopefully my order lands today which has seemed like an eternity.

Nice piece, fairly versatile with how you can wear via the 2-way zip and snap closures. Seems pretty warm in my opinion but with the center snap closed you can dump heat (same with the sleeve zips) from the top and bottom while not having the jacket blown open when it's windy out. Shockcord adjusters on both sides can really tighten up the hem if you're cold. Hand pockets extend backward like most of their jackets. Chest pocket is essentially the size of that panel, excluding the top portion. I'll have to play around with it more but good impressions thus far. 

10 minutes ago, zxcvbnnn said:

Anyone able to compare J68 warmth to the J58 now that it's out in the wild?

No difference to me, however, the J68 has a little more room internally so it fits sweaters a bit more comfortably. The other day it was a high of 0C / 36F with 35kph / 21 mph winds and I wore my J68 with just a t shirt and felt toasty. J58 was just the same.

2 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

No difference to me, however, the J68 has a little more room internally so it fits sweaters a bit more comfortably. The other day it was a high of 0C / 36F with 35kph / 21 mph winds and I wore my J68 with just a t shirt and felt toasty. J58 was just the same.

Did you buy the same size in both? Based on measurements it seemed like the J68 fits a size smaller than the J58. I have a J58 in M, and was looking at buying the J68 in L.

Just now, ogre said:

Did you buy the same size in both? Based on measurements it seemed like the J68 fits a size smaller than the J58. I have a J58 in M, and was looking at buying the J68 in L.

I have an XL in both. I thought about going down to a L, but I like how it fits a little bit bigger. I also have a very large frame (former track cyclist sprinter and D1 football player) so it helps to have a jacket just a tad bit different than the J58 to open more looks for me. For example, I think my J68 looks better with my P30A-DS, but I think my J58 looks better with my P10-DS.

9 minutes ago, ogre said:

Have both in the same size. Subjective, but I think the J58 is slightly warmer. The elastic hem really traps heat. Haven't had much time with the J68 so far so hard to say for sure. 

1 hour ago, ogre said:

I own size L in both 58-WS and 68-PL.

I too thought that the 68 would be smaller based off of measurements. After trying it on, it’s a bit roomier for layering in the body. The lack of elastic hem at the bottom of the 68 really makes a different in layering. Depending on your body type, I might suggest going up a size in the 68 if you have broad shoulders as some people had mixed experiences and said that it’s a bit tight there.

Similar to what @wexlersaid, I feel the 58 is a tad warmer as well.