Acronym.

Westbrook

restocks do happen. case in point: J1A-GT 2.2, P30A-DS, this has happened a few times over the last 2 years

52 minutes ago, saskey said:

I think you are correct. The front pockets on both sides on the J83 seem to be goretex (especially if you see the inside). For me the best jacket/insulater of this release, but a big price.
Any stockists that you are aware of for this piece as I would like to see how it fits? Thanks and cheers!

Yeah they're GTX Pro, answered here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFKahL8laI7/

45 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

restocks do happen. case in point: J1A-GT 2.2, P30A-DS, this has happened a few times over the last 2 years

Same for the LA6B-AD, but i figure we’ll have to wait IF they ever restock the J89 .. but never say never. Would also love to see iterations of it in different materials. 

Is the J46U-WS a jacket you can size down in, or would it be best to stick with my normal ACR jacket size? I've gotten some people saying I can size down and I should stay TTS, so I figured I'd ask here for more opinions. 

I wear an L in all the ACR jackets I've owned thus far, and when it gets cold out I generally like layering a hoodie, or some other type of midlayer piece underneath. 

Would I still be able to layer like that with an M? Or should I just hold out for an L?

I'm 5'10", 220lbs (And dropping) and I have a 44 inch chest. I can easily layer a hoodie or something lighter underneath my J1A 2.2, and my GT-J34, but my J47R is much slimmer, so I can really only get away with a T-shirt, long sleeve, or lightweight fleece like the Delta LT. 

15 hours ago, IzunaK said:

Is the J46U-WS a jacket you can size down in, or would it be best to stick with my normal ACR jacket size? I've gotten some people saying I can size down and I should stay TTS, so I figured I'd ask here for more opinions. 

I wear an L in all the ACR jackets I've owned thus far, and when it gets cold out I generally like layering a hoodie, or some other type of midlayer piece underneath. 

Would I still be able to layer like that with an M? Or should I just hold out for an L?

I'm 5'10", 220lbs (And dropping) and I have a 44 inch chest. I can easily layer a hoodie or something lighter underneath my J1A 2.2, and my GT-J34, but my J47R is much slimmer, so I can really only get away with a T-shirt, long sleeve, or lightweight fleece like the Delta LT. 

Pretty sure I replied to you on Facebook suggesting to stay TTS. If that's your Height/Weight, I'd definitely suggest staying TTS. I float between 180-190 and while I could technically fit into a Medium, I don't think the look would be what I'd want. Large allows me to wear it with a single layer shirt and have it fit a bit (but not ridiculously) looser, but if I wear multiple layers or a sweater beneath, I'd definitely want to stay in the Large. 

Just initial thoughts on the j89. Very cozy. I can’t seem to get the bottom hem of the flaps to stay in kimono mode, I’m guessing cause of the material. Also it seems to fit a little larger especially towards the hem. Again maybe it’s cause the flaps are causing it flare out a bit. Overall it’s a lovely piece. 

laptop.thumb.jpg.9982c8304ea69973dba6cbbb775bcc0c.jpg
Sorry for not being able to post more back when, right after I posted the box shot was told to not share any more at the time. If you have any questions or anything please let me know. Also it seems the integration with the TheBrain is pretty deep, there is a dedicated button on the keyboard and the Brain that is included with the laptop continues the ARG that was behind it. 

Oh also
errolson.gif.ef0af3a4f628d1fbf06d0fedd2dc8453.gif

Edited by SlackJackflack

is it considered narcissism if you put your face on your product (marketing is understandable because you're selling credentials)? Like 30 years from now you will have digital ghost Errolson staring you down

guys I can't

Edited by Orientalq

4 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

is it considered narcissism if you put your face on your product (marketing is understandable because you're selling credentials)? Like 30 years from now you will have digital ghost Errolson staring you down

guys I can't

Bold of you to assume these won't be in the recycling center 2 years from now, when the the tech inside it is no longer the top of the line, given we're on the brink of a new generation for everything.

AMD announcing new high end CPUs soon, nvidia series 30 cards coming to laptops most likely within the next 8 months.

4 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Bold of you to assume these won't be in the recycling center 2 years from now, when the the tech inside it is no longer the top of the line, given we're on the brink of a new generation for everything.

AMD announcing new high end CPUs soon, nvidia series 30 cards coming to laptops most likely within the next 8 months.

IMO if E really wanted to bring function to the table, parts should be replaceable and modular for futureproofing (I know this is a stupid pipedream that is unfeasible logistically for however much money was put into this) much like TecSys but instead, we get people at the cafe staring at you for your (subjectively) dope bald dude laptop. Don't get me wrong keycaps are cool but for anyone who types normally, these "details" are next to useless. I'm curious as to how much of the work belonged to Rudnick and how much to E... I'm guessing R did most of the execution and E the ideas?

But hey they're sold out on bodega so grats to rudnick and hugh, the hype worked (unless stock was super low to begin with)

6 hours ago, SlackJackflack said:

laptop.thumb.jpg.9982c8304ea69973dba6cbbb775bcc0c.jpg
Sorry for not being able to post more back when, right after I posted the box shot was told to not share any more at the time. If you have any questions or anything please let me know. Also it seems the integration with the TheBrain is pretty deep, there is a dedicated button on the keyboard and the Brain that is included with the laptop continues the ARG that was behind it. 

Oh also
errolson.gif.ef0af3a4f628d1fbf06d0fedd2dc8453.gif

Seriously miss the s-j14 time thinkpad vibe. Not these light pollution.

E378049F-D24C-420F-84D9-C429E00974B7.jpeg

1B9AE228-55DF-41F0-9431-2926A275DE63.jpeg

7767E0B0-E0CB-482D-A251-96E5756E00A1.jpeg

1BE8FECB-EA0A-4279-99E5-137AB4063CD4.jpeg

37E855CA-8606-414A-8C9C-C0A07F5BC50D.jpeg

027FAECF-F778-4291-B565-BF33BDD6D5F0.jpeg

E7B70A4E-C95C-4E7C-A7A7-540A7F3B24F0.jpeg

3C7CF4C4-50C3-4334-9532-60DB8F308E6E.jpeg

0265D59D-871E-4927-85DD-A4838714FCA7.jpeg

D2B3D41D-6950-4E20-A526-2929F96C8C1F.png

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

It's neat and all, definitely looks cool and the design feels initially abrasive and off-balance but cooler the more you look at it (like some of the best acronym designs imo), but: This really just seems like an exercise in branding. Just a few neat flourishes on a stock laptop that may or may not be good to begin with. Would love to be proven wrong. The air-packaging is totally sick though.

I had thought that the included software was some custom acronym thing but no, it's an already existing prouct made by Erlsns brother:

https://www.thebrain.com/
https://www.thebrain.com/blog/authors/harlan-hugh

Sort of a mind-mapping tool / outliner sort of thing, a bit more visually oriented than these things usually are (logofont looks familiar, wonder if erlsn had a hand) I actually really love tools like this (I had been using workflowy) and I'll definitely give this a look.

8 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Coming back to this thread to say, this thing with Errolson wanting to put his face on everything is what makes my wife cringe the most.

Been trying to find a way to share access to the full Brain that is included with the RMT but does seem to be hardware locked. Good news is I can share attachments. This is the most interesting thing so far but was told that it will be updated over time. Theres also a collection of screensavers, sounds, and fonts that can be installed. 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:53 PM, brian_g said:

Pretty sure I replied to you on Facebook suggesting to stay TTS. If that's your Height/Weight, I'd definitely suggest staying TTS. I float between 180-190 and while I could technically fit into a Medium, I don't think the look would be what I'd want. Large allows me to wear it with a single layer shirt and have it fit a bit (but not ridiculously) looser, but if I wear multiple layers or a sweater beneath, I'd definitely want to stay in the Large. 

I go between 145-185 and that's about where I think the Medium fits. I can fit a Small when Im lean. but even then, my J53 in Small is tight on my neck and i have a 15 1/2 neck. at my biggest my J16 in Medium was filled out. I think at 5 8"-5 10" folks who weigh over 185, you will be more comfortable in a Large.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, frenchbulldog said:

yeah, miss me with the fawning over this boring laptop. errolson's an apple guy anyways, but congrats to him on the newfound brinks truck.

yeah, i also feel it's finna flop. why is e trying so hard to enter the gaming world lol. if he wants to utilize tech, bring back things like the 3a-MSOL1 (solar panel, battery pack, phone charger).

On 9/18/2020 at 11:46 PM, nathan_ said:

Its why I can't be bothered with the latest specs on computer wether I build it or buy it. Shit gets outdated faster than cellphones

1 hour ago, JoseRizal said:

Its why I can't be bothered with the latest specs on computer wether I build it or buy it. Shit gets outdated faster than cellphones

Could you imagine if Acronym collaborated with a mechanical keyboard manufacturer and made one with the same Rudnick design priced at 200-300 USD (with a lot more stock)? I would buy two, one for display and one for use.