Acronym.

Westbrook

On 5/26/2020 at 11:36 PM, erictheninja said:

personal anecdote as someone whose "ditching" their whole collection. 

my reason is simply because the majority of the fanbase has become mindless clout chasers vs true enthusiasts that care about art and design. 

back in the late 2000s supreme / visvim / acr were all in my wheel house, leaning more weightily on supreme.

Aside from of course the common idea that you age and your tastes change etc, I ditched supreme completely in 2013, the "fanbase" was becoming something i definitely didn't want to associate my self with.

Similar to acr i feel predominantly the audience is just clout-chasing hypebeasts at this point. It's sad because the music is great. but to make a music analogy to this.

I have been a hardcore fan of John Mayer since the early 2000s, now imagine if all of a sudden the majority of mayer fans at a concert only know him based on his recent Instagram persona. You attend a John Mayer concert and 4/5 people around you aren't even listening to the music. they are drunk af. talking loudly taking selfies with the flash on obnoxiously. posting to their stories every 45 secs. that's what acr has felt like for the last couple years to me. 

I have just gone deeper and deeper into visvim over the years as I feel like it has never been subject to anything remotely similar. some of the shoes (fbts) were subject to some of this vain attention for sure, but the facts are that fuccbois aren't going to drop 2.5k on a jacket that they can buy some copy cat version of at a zara. the fanbase feels majority enthusiasts of art.

I think i saw some dude post on the fb group the other month like "So please tell me alll the ACR grails" , then the next day made a WTB post of everyone's responses "WTB 47a 43a j28-k all colors" that type of shit. like tf kinda mentality is that. consumption isn't even for yourself if that's how your brain works. you are dictated by whatever status you can potentially gain, not your soul. trash. 

And when you think about people who listen to music in that very way. well they are the one's hopped up on whatever substance they can find, busy telling everyone on the internet what concert they're at, being obnoxious af ruining everyone else's time. 

points taken and certainly i understand your feelings. but i'll say what i said in an earlier post - the garments are hollow, the people who wear them are what's interesting. are you no longer interesting? were you ever? or are you a serial ship-jumper like with supreme in 2013 and god-who-knows how many other trends before your property had potential to hold water just by investing?

you're using the transitive property when it really doesn't make sense. are your creative and expressive sensibilities changing? perhaps, and that is completely valid. but to change your taste based on the "public reception" (lest we forget despite the production #'s acronym are so low "public" is really a misnomer here) is shallow. i can't tell if you're just making a racket for the sake of the resonance.

of course the members of an enthusiast forum don't want to associate with the layman just because they are holding the same thing. of course such an opinion is bound to strike a chord - in fact it is probably healthy to be reminded from time to time. but woe be the "enthusiast" that soapboxes mainstream rejection as novel. don't cut of your nose to spite your face sir. your rep signals for reservations regarding your loyalty. 

less objective personal conjecture:
anyone to just come out and say they're a die hard john mayer fan is sus in my book. john is the reason i put serious hours into the guitar, john introduced me to great things and remains relevant to my interests. but one thing i would never say outright is "i am a hardcore john mayer fan". is his taste (good and bad) not well known? hodinkee literally keeps him on the masthead 25/8.

your lamentation is like a monk saying "i don't know what all the villagers at the base of our mountain are doing, but if my lifestyle wasn't enough to signal my devotion let me say this brethren: i am a hardcore fan of the buddha". i'm not convinced you weren't a bad apple from the get. 

and yes, i realize the irony that i likened JM to a heady buddha. just trying to illustrate a point.

Edited by nodre
apologies for the rehash, just catching up here

1. you're attempting to sound really smart, but you are really just having a circular conversation with yourself and some projected persona / idea of who you think I am, which honestly sounds really insecure

2. really not sure what you are trying to say with the john mayer part tbh, was purely using him for the sake of a music analogy. I make a second living in music and mayer was a big part of me getting good enough at music at a young age to do so now. not sure what's sus about being a hardcore fan of mayer, any music, or  literally any thing. 

3. I wrote a completely personal anecdote and stated it as so and you were triggered enough by it to write a complete assessment based on assumptions. i mean this in the most polite and objective way but, that's honestly a super embarrassing level of grade A entitlement, like you are a shining exemplary of what i would like to disassociate with tbh. though you may not be posting WTB: EVERYONE ELSE'S grails. you sound like a underleveled person in many other ways / your view of self importance is quite akin to those other "laymans" as you refer. 

4. for someone who references the buddha, you don't seem to know much about him as you reek of self centricity, just my opinion 

@nodre

Edited by erictheninja

On 8/9/2020 at 12:03 AM, nodre said:

points taken and certainly i understand your feelings. but i'll say what i said in an earlier post - the garments are hollow, the people who wear them are what's interesting. are you no longer interesting? were you ever? or are you a serial ship-jumper like with supreme in 2013 and god-who-knows how many other trends before your property had potential to hold water just by investing?

you're using the transitive property when it really doesn't make sense. are your creative and expressive sensibilities changing? perhaps, and that is completely valid. but to change your taste based on the "public reception" (lest we forget despite the production #'s acronym are so low "public" is really a misnomer here) is shallow. i can't tell if you're just making a racket for the sake of the resonance.

of course the members of an enthusiast forum don't want to associate with the layman just because they are holding the same thing. of course such an opinion is bound to strike a chord - in fact it is probably healthy to be reminded from time to time. but woe be the "enthusiast" that soapboxes mainstream rejection as novel. don't cut of your nose to spite your face sir. your rep signals for reservations regarding your loyalty. 

less objective personal conjecture:
anyone to just come out and say they're a die hard john mayer fan is sus in my book. john is the reason i put serious hours into the guitar, john introduced me to great things and remains relevant to my interests. but one thing i would never say outright is "i am a hardcore john mayer fan". is his taste (good and bad) not well known? hodinkee literally keeps him on the masthead 25/8.

your lamentation is like a monk saying "i don't know what all the villagers at the base of our mountain are doing, but if my lifestyle wasn't enough to signal my devotion let me say this brethren: i am a hardcore fan of the buddha". i'm not convinced you weren't a bad apple from the get. 

and yes, i realize the irony that i likened JM to a heady buddha. just trying to illustrate a point.

mmmmm not feeling it. obnoxious as I've found many of erictheninja's posts to be in the past, the one you quoted to was a sincere contribution to a discussion about people growing out of Acronym. Your whole post boils down to "you have negative rep, and you are just an earlier stage clout chaser lamenting other clout chasers," except you used 300 needlessly frilly words to say it. When someone's engaging with the discussion honestly like that, it's not a good look to shit on them for it, whether or not you agree with what they're saying. where's your contribution to that topic? or do you just take potshots at people with low rep?

Edited by eidolarr

On 8/11/2020 at 2:42 AM, erictheninja said:

1. you're attempting to sound really smart, but you are really just having a circular conversation with yourself and some projected persona / idea of who you think I am, which honestly sounds really insecure

2. really not sure what you are trying to say with the john mayer part tbh, was purely using him for the sake of a music analogy. I make a second living in music and mayer was a big part of me getting good enough at music at a young age to do so now. not sure what's sus about being a hardcore fan of mayer, any music, or  literally any thing. 

3. I wrote a completely personal anecdote and stated it as so and you were triggered enough by it to write a complete assessment based on assumptions. i mean this in the most polite and objective way but, that's honestly a super embarrassing level of grade A entitlement, like you are a shining exemplary of what i would like to disassociate with tbh. though you may not be posting WTB: EVERYONE ELSE'S grails. you sound like a underleveled person in many other ways / your view of self importance is quite akin to those other "laymans" as you refer. 

4. for someone who references the buddha, you don't seem to know much about him as you reek of self centricity, just my opinion 

@nodre

i'm entitled to an opinion like everyone else on here, and i stand by everything i said.. i've played worse odds than the probability of making a relatively accurate assumption based on an honest anecdote.

i agree that this has devolved, and you're right i went off and it wasn't warranted. it was indulgent.

sincere apologies Eric, good luck on whatever wave you ride next ~

my apologies to you kings who wasted your time reading my post 

but

"the poet must not avert his eyes"

4 hours ago, nodre said:

i'm entitled to an opinion like everyone else on here, and i stand by everything i said.. i've played worse odds than the probability of making a relatively accurate assumption based on an honest anecdote.

i agree that this has devolved, and you're right i went off and it wasn't warranted. it was indulgent.

sincere apologies Eric, good luck on whatever wave you ride next ~

my apologies to you kings who wasted your time reading my post 

but

"the poet must not avert his eyes"

man i don't think any one was offended by your post bro, you didn't "go off", i honestly could barely understand wth you were trying to say for the majority of it because of all the superfluous fake woke bs you weaved in lol. ( my bad if you are english second language tho, respect for learning / knowing multiple languages if so)

lol. ya bro i'm the wave rider. some light hearted assumptions to return the favor. you joined literally the week the acronym prestos release and you've posted multiple times complaining about wrinkled spec sheets.

ps. you made “relatively accurate assumptions based on my post”. Lol you called me a serial ship jumper but my post literally is about wearing the same two brands for over 10 years lol.. ya I got no loyalty man .. (Again if this is an ESL reading comprehension thing then all good) Other wise yeah pretty sure you are in a convo with no one else but yourself. 

prolly should stop listening to that cryptic old mf too. Like i googled mans and one of the first results was how he doesn’t think dogs are cute. Nuff said 

Edited by erictheninja

On 8/12/2020 at 8:19 PM, AvantSol said:

bro...stfu

how people are +repping this low effort "stfu" post? Not the first time it's happened here with people just low-effort name-call or attack the character of those they don't agree with using "memes". If he's wrong, tell him why. If you don't want to, you don't have to. But how does "stfu" help at all?

bc what more needs to be said? the original post nodre was even replying to was back in may..these two arguing also serves no other purpose given how much time has lapsed since the original discussion, if anything its just annoying lol

On 8/29/2019 at 2:01 AM, neromancer said:

Hahaha, I actually had huge fomo because I slept on it for the drop and watched it sell out. But thankfully @Wklcarl helped sell me one of his friend's.

^This. If you look at the picture of my MZ1, it's held on with some clips I bought off Amazon. Unfortunately the attachment loops on the 5 aren't quite as wide as a single slot in molle webbing and thus you can't slide the clip through to attach as designed, but the clips can clamp down onto the attachment loops and hold it together pretty securely with friction.

can you  link the clips you use please!

23 hours ago, Orientalq said:

how people are +repping this low effort "stfu" post? Not the first time it's happened here with people just low-effort name-call or attack the character of those they don't agree with using "memes". If he's wrong, tell him why. If you don't want to, you don't have to. But how does "stfu" help at all?

this is the real reason to stfu. i was fooling myself thinking anyone here cares to really put some thought and care into a discussion that i personally find extremely relevant to the audience participating in things that trend. its much easier to cop out and be "more acrnm than human"

39 minutes ago, nodre said:

this is the real reason to stfu. i was fooling myself thinking anyone here cares to really put some thought and care into a discussion that i personally find extremely relevant to the audience participating in things that trend. its much easier to cop out and be "more acrnm than human"

Oh pls. You're catching grief because both the message and styling of your post were garbage. More effort towards substance, less towards your thesaurus. "stfu" got rep because sufu loves posts that are mean and direct, yet ultimately decent advice. How u can have hundreds of posts and not know this forum favors EB White over Wordsworth is a mystery to me

hey I was wondering if anyone on here could comment on how the HD jersey material is compared to dryskin since the info on the mothersite is kinda vague

there’s a pair of P27’s on grailed and while I would prefer the H variant, I don’t think any of those are gonna come up in my size anytime soon

1 hour ago, tresend said:

hey I was wondering if anyone on here could comment on how the HD jersey material is compared to dryskin since the info on the mothersite is kinda vague

there’s a pair of P27’s on grailed and while I would prefer the H variant, I don’t think any of those are gonna come up in my size anytime soon

if you had one and not the other you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, they're both dryskin

(new pants on mothersite btw)

wow p36-e drape looks awesome! also the drawcord garage/new rear adjuster mechanism :drool: something also tells me i’m gonna regret not picking up p37 but i think ill save for the j68 or p31a