Acronym.

Westbrook

11 minutes ago, ogre said:

Watch out for an additional 15% trade war tariff on made-in-China products, including the J1A-GT. I learned that the hard way with a recent order. I think all other Acronym products are made in Europe though, so it shouldn't be a concern.

Ordered a pair of P10A-DS. Main site says made in Switzerland so looks like 2.8% duties based on HS lookup I did. 

5 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

Ordered a pair of P10A-DS. Main site says made in Switzerland so looks like 2.8% duties based on HS lookup I did. 

that refers to the DS fabric but you're safe either way

all the p30a's for sale in the sales thread was a bit discouraging, seemed like many people we're not liking them, but I got mine in and my initial impressions are very strong. ill perhaps edit this post with a fit pic so I can be the tall guy reference. I think I'm happy with sizing up for length, but even at 6'3ish I would think a medium would still be fine

18 minutes ago, hooper said:

all the p30a's for sale in the sales thread was a bit discouraging, seemed like many people we're not liking them, but I got mine in and my initial impressions are very strong. ill perhaps edit this post with a fit pic so I can be the tall guy reference. I think I'm happy with sizing up for length, but even at 6'3ish I would think a medium would still be fine

So I'm guessing you went with large?

Kind of funny, but after combing this thread for sizing references, I still don't really know how I should size as a 6'1" skinny dude.

28 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Kind of funny, but after combing this thread for sizing references, I still don't really know how I should size as a 6'1" skinny dude.

6'4" here with a 32/33-inch waist. I got my p23a-s' in L because i was concerned about length. The -S work for me only because they have belt loops, but then theres a lot of excess material in the waist that you kinda have to figure out what to do with... not sure how the -DS are in comparison as I dont have first-hand experience with the dual locking buckle system thats on them. I've heard they cinch down tighter than the Stotz ones? Length-wise, they're... okay i guess. Could use an extra inch or two to get a more baggy look like in the official product shots.

Edited by strikethrough

29 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Try measuring your body using a cloth tape from where you’d have the waistband sit. Check the outseam measurements of the different sizes you’re considering. Should help you figure out where they’ll hit on you. Outseam obviously better than inseam for this due to low crotch throwing off that measurement. 

I went with size medium and these fit perfectly. Initially, I was worries about the waist size given I am waist size 29~ so naturally I should go with small as I wear small in everything else.

But given I am 6 feet tall, the original advice was to go with the length of the pants instead of waist size. This couldn't be more right, as I think a small size would have come up short with the extended cuffs. You can tighten the waist size quite a bit and it sits at my hip instead of waist. 

I am having issues attaching pics with my phone so I can upload some pics later if anyone wants for reference.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, hooper said:

yeah i don't know what they are thinking. these pants are awesome. 

perhaps they haven't really worn them outside in daily use and are judging them from being worn only at home. i certainly had doubts at first based on how ridiculously wide the pants were and that it just didn't look right for some reason. but i've worn them outside and they are something else out in the field. as others have noted they look so much better in movement and it feels it has the acronym aesthetic more than the p23a and p24a. 

21 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I'm 6' and a medium is good, although there are elements of the large that work really well, so it's taking me a while to decide which one I want to keep. If you were 6'2" I would definitely suggest a large, due to the added inch of length. I'd probably say the same for 6'1". The pant looks fucking amazing when rolled as well.

[ FYI, my recommendation of a large has nothing to do with the fact that I'm selling one ]

20 hours ago, iamundying said:

perhaps they haven't really worn them outside in daily use and are judging them from being worn only at home. i certainly had doubts at first based on how ridiculously wide the pants were and that it just didn't look right for some reason. but i've worn them outside and they are something else out in the field. as others have noted they look so much better in movement and it feels it has the acronym aesthetic more than the p23a and p24a. 

Completely agree. At first I had my doubts, particularly due to the strange stacking of the fresh DS. But after a week in the field, it takes shape. The drape is great, the "nappy effect" dramatically better, and the design is incredibly light and comfortable. One of my favourites.

My initial reservations were that the pant is a little too cosplay, but after a while wearing it I actually feel that it's less so than the P23A.

1 minute ago, Yardsale said:

usual wear around the high wear areas, but they're more noticeable than I prefer. I'll see if I can get a before/after photo.

The one thing I really noticed was the wear around the zippers on the pockets, ie. imprints and a slight patina. Much more so than any other Stotz I've seen, and visible after a single use.

Some wear on the seat as well, towards the end, but that's about it tbh.

3 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

According to my mothersite crawler's log, the 3A-2 restock lasted like less than 15 minutes and the 3A-WB2 lasted less than 20. It's ridiculous. Unless you're writing a bot to buy anything that drops, you won't even have time to react to crawlers flagging ninja drops anymore. 

Are you sure it was a bot? Someone on the TWG Discord group posted there were restocks, so I'm not at all surprised that they sold out quickly, esp. if there were only a handful of units restocked. I know I was able to get the belt into my cart before someone grabbed the last one. 

29 minutes ago, segue said:

was an actual restock or were they one off returned items.  i thought it was the latter which explains the short time to sell out

Yep I think this was the case. 

Edited by eyeheartny