Westbrook

Acronym.

damnit i was straight up sleeping during this release... i wanted a belt :'(

he should've used cobra buckles instead. looks like E just found some extra leftover material and extra D rings laying around the office and decided to cook us something special and slap us with a 100 euro price tag.

12 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

he should've used cobra buckles instead. looks like E just found some extra leftover material and extra D rings laying around the office and decided to cook us something special and slap us with a 100 euro price tag.

That belt was originally included in SET 3. I've actually wanted one for aaaaages, and I'm really not happy that I missed this because I was (literally) sleeping. I guess I'll have to cop from a reseller...

On another note, anyone know how well an MP2TS fits into either of the 3A-1 mezzanine pockets?

3 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

On another note, anyone know how well an MP2TS fits into either of the 3A-1 mezzanine pockets?

100% certain MP2TS would fit in either mezzanine pockets of the 3A-1

33 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

That belt was originally included in SET 3. I've actually wanted one for aaaaages, and I'm really not happy that I missed this because I was (literally) sleeping. I guess I'll have to cop from a reseller...

It fits in the MK1 mezz pocket.  It's a very useful combination.

1 hour ago, rogerhuangxj said:

I doubt anyone would buy that belt if it’s not acronym

100% with you on this one.

4 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

100% with you on this one.

If someone can point me to a similar belt (or someone who can make one for me—it can't be that hard) I'd be appreciative. it's hard to find a nice, simple belt—especially one that won't set off a metal detector.

On a different note, I grabbed what might have been the MP2TS. Can't wait to get a cancelation email.

3 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

...especially one that won't set off a metal detector...

Can't wait to get a cancelation email.

Oh snap, I didn't think of that........

Regarding the cancellation - I received my shipment notification 5mins after the payment receipt, so it seems like they're on it today. Fingers crossed that no one gets any cancellations!!!!

8 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

If someone can point me to a similar belt (or someone who can make one for me—it can't be that hard) I'd be appreciative. it's hard to find a nice, simple belt—especially one that won't set off a metal detector.

On a different note, I grabbed what might have been the MP2TS. Can't wait to get a cancelation email.

https://www.dsptch.com/products/v-buckle-belt

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/conveyor-belt

https://www.idolbrooklyn.com/collections/mountain-research/products/black-gerrys-web-belt?variant=13588183679066

Knife ID?

3a302ed064_w950.jpg

Edited by GFNS
Incorrect quote attached.

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/conveyor-belt

the conveyor belt is a nice belt but it will set off a metal detector.

What kind of metal detectors are we talking, though?  If it's at airports in the US at least, in all my experiences they make you take off belts at security anyway, regardless of if it's metal or otherwise--they just want all belts off.  So if you're thinking to avoid having to take it off for US airports (and maybe abroad too?), I don't think it'd matter.

I’ve tried on the Dsptch belt above. I’m a 36 waist and the belt is on the shorter side. Be sure to contact them for actual length if you’re gonna buy it. 

9 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

That belt was originally included in SET 3.

99% sure that this design predates SET 3, substantially. Like back to the first few retail collections. Probably some subtle update - but I'm almost positive there was an OD nylon belt w/ D-ring buckles (or something along those lines).

45 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

99% sure that this design predates SET 3, substantially. Like back to the first few retail collections. Probably some subtle update - but I'm almost positive there was an OD nylon belt w/ D-ring buckles (or something along those lines).

You could be right. Definitely it was sold on its own as well... (https://www.grailed.com/listings/557318-acronym-3a-wb2)

Shit, I might have to take that back - I'm def. thinking of the belt @Danwise just posted (3A-WB1). @junkie_dolphin was that sold during a different season? The Set's were all packaged, and you couldn't buy pieces separately (even if the items came in their own baggies (just like the Suspensor items!)). The pic from that Grailed listing clearly shows 3A-WB2 as being part of Set-2 and Set-3.

53 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

Shit, I might have to take that back - I'm def. thinking of the belt @Danwise just posted (3A-WB1). @junkie_dolphin was that sold during a different season? The Set's were all packaged, and you couldn't buy pieces separately (even if the items came in their own baggies (just like the Suspensor items!)). The pic from that Grailed listing clearly shows 3A-WB2 as being part of Set-2 and Set-3.

You got me, I'm a idiot and didn't look closely at the bag for that final pic. Errolson told me (via insta, I think, though maybe twitter?) that the 3A-WB2 had come with the sets, but he didn't mention anything earlier than that. the 3A-WB1 is in Fujiwara's book Personal Effects.

I have more archival pics around somewhere... My records say it was released as part of FW04/05.

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

My records say it was released as part of FW04/05.

Yeah, that sounds right to me.