Acronym.

Westbrook

What kind of metal detectors are we talking, though?  If it's at airports in the US at least, in all my experiences they make you take off belts at security anyway, regardless of if it's metal or otherwise--they just want all belts off.  So if you're thinking to avoid having to take it off for US airports (and maybe abroad too?), I don't think it'd matter.

9 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

That belt was originally included in SET 3.

99% sure that this design predates SET 3, substantially. Like back to the first few retail collections. Probably some subtle update - but I'm almost positive there was an OD nylon belt w/ D-ring buckles (or something along those lines).

45 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

99% sure that this design predates SET 3, substantially. Like back to the first few retail collections. Probably some subtle update - but I'm almost positive there was an OD nylon belt w/ D-ring buckles (or something along those lines).

You could be right. Definitely it was sold on its own as well... (https://www.grailed.com/listings/557318-acronym-3a-wb2)

Shit, I might have to take that back - I'm def. thinking of the belt @Danwise just posted (3A-WB1). @junkie_dolphin was that sold during a different season? The Set's were all packaged, and you couldn't buy pieces separately (even if the items came in their own baggies (just like the Suspensor items!)). The pic from that Grailed listing clearly shows 3A-WB2 as being part of Set-2 and Set-3.

53 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

Shit, I might have to take that back - I'm def. thinking of the belt @Danwise just posted (3A-WB1). @junkie_dolphin was that sold during a different season? The Set's were all packaged, and you couldn't buy pieces separately (even if the items came in their own baggies (just like the Suspensor items!)). The pic from that Grailed listing clearly shows 3A-WB2 as being part of Set-2 and Set-3.

You got me, I'm a idiot and didn't look closely at the bag for that final pic. Errolson told me (via insta, I think, though maybe twitter?) that the 3A-WB2 had come with the sets, but he didn't mention anything earlier than that. the 3A-WB1 is in Fujiwara's book Personal Effects.

I have more archival pics around somewhere... My records say it was released as part of FW04/05.

On 24/02/2007 at 5:48 AM, Westbrook said:

Anyone seen the new ACR pre-order stuff at the glade? I like the trench and the expandable shell, but damn, this 9-month preorder shit is getting out of hand. Prices keep going up, too...

yes have seen it and it's so cool men. although the prices are unbearable :(

already having goretex seam tape issues on my j47ts-gt on the bottom zippers and i've worn it twice sigh.  do you guys use the goretex glue in the repair kit or think it'll be alright to just super glue that bish back on?  not worrying about breathability cause its on the zippers. 

6 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

NO PICS!?!?

have not taken the pic men. i was just looking at my friend's phone. he was the one browsing lol haha he just told me about it :(

35 minutes ago, TestaRossaTed said:

Seems like they only made 30 of those, rip...

30 fugly ass over-priced folders. Lot more where that came from. The maker has bad business practices too. If you have money to drop and want a proper weirdo style custom folder, that’s actually worth the cash I’d look at Gavko Knives.