supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

21 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

Need moar Pockets 

4E223CC4-11E5-44EE-9103-5A94C8FB3F81.JPG

You single handedly change my mind about that insulator (in a good way)

the above combo was exactly what I was aiming at, too bad I couldn't get the J28...

Edited by eyesolation

@shinnanju for me personally I thought all that webbing was a little much(coming from someone who owns the j1ts lol). But when you add attachments like above it makes the webbing less obnoxious and more appealing.

11 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

@shinnanju for me personally I thought all that webbing was a little much(coming from someone who owns the j1ts lol). But when you add attachments like above it makes the webbing less obnoxious and more appealing.

i'm total opposite i think with all the attachments looks lil too mall-ninja for me. O well ill never own it because i refuse to pay that much for a liner 

5 minutes ago, llirreM_hpesoJ said:

Its big

Dang it, so it is contrary to earlier discussion that this version's J28 was slimmed down. :(

10 minutes ago, StolenBread said:

Shit so a large might be too big for me then.....

I bought a large too, where else I am a Med in the J1TS-S

nah, j28 is TTS for sure. maybe even size up if you want to layer. they definitely slimmed down the fit block this season

13 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

^ please do

Just posted, sorted chronologically. Idol Brooklyn loaded stock first, ~3 minutes ahead of official drop schedule.

Edited by vir2L

Why they hating on the XL’s?  Guess we gotta pay them UPS fees if we want to stunt.

26 minutes ago, vir2L said:

-

Thanks for sharing.. Interesting to see that not many retailers stock XL. Was camping Notre for the drop, I guess I should have multiple windows open.

59 minutes ago, vir2L said:

US ΛCROИYM® FW-1718

Online Stockist Breakdown*

Good stuff. I'm assuming you have a Shopify monitor set up? 

1 hour ago, dscent said:

Thanks for sharing.. Interesting to see that not many retailers stock XL. Was camping Notre for the drop, I guess I should have multiple windows open.

Pretty sure that someone with a size above 190cm and a weight of 90 to 100 kg is asking for XL.

56 minutes ago, Jun.H said:

Good stuff. I'm assuming you have a Shopify monitor set up? 

I used to before Shopify changed their API limit for traffic/timing out. You can see my old posts from last season. To bypass that, you'd need to rent servers/proxies, which is why the group I wanted to create never came to fruition.

Now I just coded a script that parses variants from these stockists at 1 hour intervals so it detects loading time and out of stock time.

I haven't been around for that many drops, but do stockists usually vary to this degree on what pieces they decide to sell?

Seeing those stock levels really makes you realise just how few pieces Acrnm actually makes each season. I think we imagine there are hundreds out there of each design and i don't think that's the case at all. No wonder the drops are getting so frantic and the prices are hiking so hard.

They are indeed a very small company with a very large rep, amazing really, you can see why Nike wanted Mr H on board and THAT name associated with their product but folk have to remember that there are two divisions, one being the design agency the other the clothing brand.

I blame Nike for the sudden silly levels of demented demand, kind of a symbiot that works in acrnms favour but not the consumer.

4 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

Seeing those stock levels really makes you realise just how few pieces Acrnm actually makes each season. I think we imagine there are hundreds out there of each design and i don't think that's the case at all. No wonder the drops are getting so frantic and the prices are hiking so hard.

this making me thinking about of how much even got ordered/produced as they sell so quick at almost any price these days, why not more stock?, (not sure about the jp quantities) - acr took it to 2 drops for both seasons now, not sure if the facility is not able to actually produce more?

if you order 15x GT28 jackets - do you think it's a problem to sell these to your worldwide audience?

when I talked to Ian a few month ago he told me that they produced round about 50 pieces from the j63-pb (which is clearly a test piece). so lets estimate maybe 200-250 (WW) from no brainer products and maybe half of that for products which dont have the potential to sell immediatly. then you have accessoires which will have the smallest stock available.

the factory has problems to produce bigger quantities each season so thats the reason why they split this drop like the season last year

25 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

I blame Nike for the sudden silly levels of demented demand, kind of a symbiot that works in acrnms favour but not the consumer.

I think this is pretty spot on, especially with the prestos. Wasn't one of the major catalysts for Supreme their sneaker collaboration with Nike?

Obviously things are different now with how fast information travels, IG accounts such as acrhive, etc...where awareness builds faster thus leading to higher demand with limited supply. I imagine even without the increased demand, acrnm would have produced similar numbers of product either way. All speculation tho.

Separately, I think they've shown how to build a brand and a world that's particularly compelling and one of the reasons why I'm really into what they do.

Edited by ddohnggo

this totally make sense, as there are only 52x5 days AND less to get it all done in time! back in the days all was ready at on day, as due ACR market has changed they kind of need to adapt this and most likely/maybe the individuall subnet-mask order system on low quantities couldn't work as it did in the past

How can we do as normal user?

I was planning cutting all my ‘other brands’ clothing,shoes etc purchasing, and focusing on acr only and set the annual budget for around 5000 euro, which is already overkill for a hobby as as well basic needs say dressing.But the budget is like some joke for acr now days, a jacket, a pants, a gaiter, a bag(if you could grab on time) each year,you just spent all the money.

Or E may trying educating us consuming more rationally? Got no clue though.

Also I got rumors that this fw acg would be his last contract, and hopefully some more concentration back to his own brand and his long time supporters.

It's very simple - they can't produce more, so the only way to get more is to raise the prices - and people are ready to pay those prices. If not you, then someone else will get it, and E knows it - they worked hard to get there.

Also I don't know why they sell through retailers at this point. If they have only a certain amount of pieces, they would make more money selling them all directly through acrnm.com - and I guess that's what they figured for the next season. The stores aren't really creating any exposure for them that would help at this point.

Edited by nigel1

2 minutes ago, nigel1 said:

It's very simple - they can't produce more, so the only way to get more is to raise the prices - and people are ready to pay those prices. If not you, then someone else will get it, and E knows it - they worked hard to get there.

Also I don't know why they sell through retailers at this point. If they have only a certain amount of pieces, they would make more money selling them all directly through acrnm.com - and I guess that's what they figured for the next season. The stores aren't really creating any exposure for them that would help at this point.

maybe, not sure about the jp market?

I just picked up sewing as a hobby and let me tell you it ain't easy. When you look at the level of complexity and perfection* of each stitch in ACR pieces, the quantity produced makes sense.

*Lets hope they fixed the jersey cuff stitching issue this season on the p23s.

As I write this that is a j64ts m raf on the main site.