Westbrook

Acronym.

Max production cost of this jacket is around 100 (under 70 realistically) usd if made in china.

Maybe double that if made on TILAK factories in CZ (does Errolson still produce acronym there?)

But i bet Hugh pay more, because factory must turn profit too and the cost of QA and a bit better quality. 

So Chinese guys turn x3, Hugh maybe x5-x6 (he needs to turn profit on wholesale, and no retailer in the world would sell under x2 markup, realistically x2,5-x3)

That's how :)

well fuck me.

edit: how do they even do this for 300 bucks and still turn a profit? i mean, i get that labor is cheap in china, but there is no economy of scale at work here. does some guy call his nephew who has a gore-tex sew shop and have them make 30 one-off jackets on a saturday afternoon?

Pretty much this ^^

I can do almost the same now in Ukraine, but just need some industrial equipment and materials.

And china have all industrial equipment in the world, and all the materials too, exept riri cobrax snaps, sadly no for now.

Edited by mizzar

first of all do not think that sewists at acronym are cool young dudes wearing only the brand. sumperk s a small town with few job opportunities, few years back l saw local ad seeking sewists, you would surprised how low the income was if you convert it to western currency and from point of view of a western people.

second, take a look at this jacket it's tilak skardu, that you can buy for 200usd. tilak is designed by acronym team and some patterns are the same, the skardu is in fact GT-J17 that did not retail for 200.

the point here is that yes even on low prices you can make a profit and it might be very little money for western people but really something for someone else living in more poor parts of the world.

check the label everytime l guess even non typography freaks can tell the difference.

Edited by danii

can anyone recommend me where i can buy a spare goretex hood for the j1a, j44, j38 etc(assuming they all have the same hood size)

Yeah, but still high quality seamstress payed around 150 to 300 usd/month max in Ukraine, for example. Maybe a bit more in Sumperk? Also electricity, and logistics for CZ is pricier then for Chinese micro-factorу. 

There is ACR premium part in price, but it's not outrageous. 

first of all do not think that sewists at acronym are cool young dudes wearing only the brand. sumperk s a small town with few job opportunities, few years back l saw local ad seeking sewists, you would surprised how low the income was if you convert it to western currency and from point of view of a western people.

Well, shit. I thought techwear was safe.

second, take a look at this jacket it's tilak skardu, that you can buy for 200usd. tilak is designed by acronym team and some patterns are the same, the skardu is in fact GT-J17 that did not retail for 200.

the point here is that yes even on low prices you can make a profit and it might be very little money for western people but really something for someone else living in more poor parts of the world.

check the label everytime l guess even non typography freaks can tell the difference.

It makes sense that people would try to make knock offs of it, for the same reason people make knock offs of Rolexs, iPhones, and designer handbags.

These products are expensive enough that there's a market of people who would be interested in purchasing an inferior cheaper imitation, and there's nothing about it that's technically so sophisticated you can't reproduce it (and save some money using inferior materials in the process).

By "expensive enough" I mean that there's a large enough margin between the cost of the real deal and the cost of a knockoff that people would consider it. No one is going to buy knock-off levis; you don't save enough money to justify it.

By "not so sophisticated you can't reproduce it" I mean all you need to do is buy one of them and take it apart and you can cut more units with the same pattern. Then if you want to turn a real profit just do the same thing with all the materials; knock off zips, knock off Gore-tex, and cut corners with production and QC. Who cares about a poorly-sewn seam or a logo that peels of when you're saving 800EUR on a jacket, right?

Edited by Sypron

Looks like their showroom floor tho...

11326465_488142758009333_275011115_n.jpg

Jk–it could be from Premium also. We'll never knowwwwwwwwwww :ph34r:

1530720_862718357109287_1601537399_n.jpg

+ There's so many of the ACR AF1 photos floating around now also. Christ.

Danm,keen to cop that j28-k in green from wellgosh. Off tax and shipped by Royal Mail(far better than UPS in official site)

On the other hand,anybody with experience of j43-k, how about the changing pattern for its color? Thinking washing it usually and the colors might be migrated together? At last a beat-up green j28 sounds nice to me.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

I didn't even notice the silver jackets before. Can't wait to see some better pictures of them.

Funny that Wellgosh is having them on their Website but Nemen or Acronym not

guys, we are fucked up.....

j44 topic

tons of pics... and the price is around 250 usd here in the taobao(site like ebay and rakuten in china,but god,flooded with fakes)

now i could guess why the people choose j44 as a try.

No logo tape and magnet tape.

Also the pattern is not easy, like j17, for example.its more like a kind of provoke.

http://b.mashort.cn/h.lmonu?cv=AADNRcst&sm=3b3a52

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

j44 topic

tons of pics... and the price is around 250 usd here in the taobao(site like ebay and rakuten in china,but god,flooded with fakes)

Also the pattern is not easy, like j17, for example.its more like a kind of provoke.

I immediately said that the jacket fake! It is seen in the photo! completely different internal surfaces and joints!

Dude :) literally one page back i wrote the same %)

They choose one because that's the one they bought on sale from INK or some other asian shop with acronym. 

j44 topic

hey guys, new user here. looking forward to getting a pair of P17 this coming season to add to my little ACR collection: 3A-3TS white limonta, 3A-MP2TS, 3A-MTS4, S6-C, NTS-NG1. hoping to get a pair of LF1s sometimes soon as well since i missed out on the drop way back when. anybody have speculation on when ss16 could go fully live? my guess would be the next week or two, but some people know more than others

History-wise, next week would be my guess as well. But who knows with them, it's ready when its ready.

It also functions as archival indexing software, providing context on past releases

As soon as a product is sold out they erase every trace of its existence.

I've bought these trousers - these look like some ACR (sorry can't remember code) I have tried on previously but fit is better for me (after sizing down). Not keen on nike branding but my wallet appreciates it at least.

30-12-2015_nike_techtheonepant_black_amc

http://www.endclothing.com/gb/latest-products/new-this-week/nike-tech-the-one-pant-727344-010.html

I think the model needs to size down though!

Better fit pics here http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/bonded-trousers/pid-10744954/pgid-11263982

Edited by exexpat

Nice drop in the A4 Dr  :P

nq4q2w.jpg

:D

Had to throw that one in there for you guys. 

Edited by drgitlin

forgive me but who is that person connected to acronym in any way?

As Tobsen said, he probably maintains the ACRNM website. Everyone in the ACR team seems to follow him on IG and he might be related to Lenny Muller who models for ACR as well (shaved head skinny guy)

Edited by Albm

If it's next week I'm in Japan for the drop (again, fml). I have no idea when the stuff hits shops here....

Is it not the same day? You could call and ask I would think (once we know the drop date).

Edited by jbob24

Guys, anyone with experience on the foil material? I'm itching for the 3a-1-blk but I'm afraid the bag wont hold up as well as my 5ts-limonta. Is the material prone to rips?

Also, would I be able to comfortably fit a 13-inch macbook pro in there? The dimensions seems to check out but does it have a laptop compartment or something?

Also, would I be able to comfortably fit a 13-inch macbook pro in there? The dimensions seems to check out but does it have a laptop compartment or something?

I can't personally comment on the material of the 3A-1-BLK, but as far as size goes you'd be okay. I got a 3A-3TS a while ago and my 13" macbook air fits fine along with everything I take for day to day classes. Although, it's not the most comfortable thing, it tends to strain your back, but I've gotten used to it.