Westbrook

Acronym.

Acronym's patents and designs are protected, but it's not our responsibility to stop people from infringing upon them.

Acronym doesn't protect their intellectual property by hiding their products from the world. They protect their property by filing lawsuits against people who do infringe their IP if and when they produce something (like Guici).

If showing someone a copyrighted design was the same as reproducing a copyrighted design then none of use would be allowed to talk about acronym, or post pictures of it to places like this, or even wear it in public.

Edited by Sypron

you guys are talking past eachother.

the acrhive was apparently taken down on request from acr. acr's request to take down the acrhive stems from an apparent unease on their part regarding the existence of an extensive third party database of acr designs. whether this unease is fueled by a fear of facilitating design infringement, or embarrassment on erlsn's part to see his old haircuts propagated into eternity, we can't tell. however, acr's tendency towards secrecy is mentioned, and illustrated with examples, as a possible explanation. that's all there is to it. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Just a legal aside, patents pending does not mean that their IP is protected.  Competitors can still copy, and Acrnm has no legal options until their patents are official.  A patent is just the legal right to sue someone for infringing on IP.

This is a moot point, because we are talking about one or two jackets at most, but sometimes larger companies will still copy regardless of a patent because the profits they generate outweigh any legal costs they incur.  Why do you think Apple and Samsung are perenially in court; they make more money in revenues of "copied" goods than it costs than in legal fees.  Financially, Acrnm knows that Gucci can easily bully them legally.

Finally, patents are not clear cut.  There is no universal patent office. You can file in Europe and North American, but it may not be recognized elsewhere.  Most of the modern world cooperates with each other but suing someone internationally is stupidly hard.  (Once again using Apple and Samsung as examples, why do you think they keep suing each other in different countries' courts?)

I don't know if it was posted at this thread but somebody posted a link a while ago with the acronymjutsu soundtrack available at itunes. anyone has this?

May have been me, I put together some of the tracks in a playlist that's available on apple music, google play music, and spotify.

Little late to the party but just got J1a-GT last night and excited to test it today.

It's perfect for the shitty rain weather in San Francisco.

Hopefully there will be inner layer attachment to maker it warmer, would love to

take this to Yosemite.

IMG_8773.png

J1A-GT

P10-CH

Visvim 20L

Congrats! Love that jacket.

Out of curiosity, what size did you get for the J1A-GT? And how tall are you? I'm thinking of getting a pair but on the fence on whether I should get a small or a medium. I currently own an NIKE lab ACG 2-in-1 in a size S and it fits great. I'm wondering if the fit of the J1A-GT will be similar. 

Blackbox, 

I'm 5'9 and 148, i got a small and the fit is great. In the picture i'm wearing a thick crewneck underneath and there's still room to move around comfortably.

If you're in the states you'll receive it in 3 days and the duty tax is $160.33 (just fyi)

The duty is 160.33.

Seriously?

Fcuk Canadian duties/customs.

Blackbox, 

I'm 5'9 and 148, i got a small and the fit is great. In the picture i'm wearing a thick crewneck underneath and there's still room to move around comfortably.

If you're in the states you'll receive it in 3 days and the duty tax is $160.33 (just fyi)

I heard lots of people catching 300+ for it, which actually isn't as bad as I was expecting

Edited by jbob24

you guys are talking past eachother.

the acrhive was apparently taken down on request from acr. acr's request to take down the acrhive stems from an apparent unease on their part regarding the existence of an extensive third party database of acr designs. whether this unease is fueled by a fear of facilitating design infringement, or embarrassment on erlsn's part to see his old haircuts propagated into eternity, we can't tell. however, acr's tendency towards secrecy is mentioned, and illustrated with examples, as a possible explanation. that's all there is to it.

Someone just wanna hit up Erlsn and see if he's cool with it?

Blackbox, 

Thanks for the info Numberboy8.  :)

I was hoping that there wouldn't be any duty tax in the US, but oh well.

Blackbox, 

damn you got me overthinking now because I got the J1A-GT in medium and I thought it fit well and I have the exact same height and weight measurements lol

I have no idea how the duty tax works but i was expecting over 300 but somehow invoiced $160.33

bboysparrow - i'm sure medium would've worked if i wanted more room for layering, but Cali is hot as hell most of the year so i was really shooting for wearing the shell over a tee. 

insomnia - you're probably right. Guess i'll have to buy a medium hardshell from SS16 or FW16-17 then!

I was trying to buy the J50-WS size small on Grailed to see if it'll fit under the J1A-GT, some lucky bastard got it before i could pull the trigger. If you're on here, i hate you lol.

But seriously if it doesn't work out hit me up, i'll buy it.

import taxes for consumers are a medieval market protection mechanic that needs to die. it's contrary to free market principles.

import taxes for consumers are a medieval market protection mechanic that needs to die. it's contrary to free market principles.

Amen to that!

new here, i have a question

i'm going to be in japan when acronym s/s drops (mid march?), would jp stockists have the collection already?

I was in Tokyo when FW15 dropped. don't know about other places but Tomorrowland Shibuya did not have any of the new pieces within 1 week of the drop, they said it would be at least another 2. that said I will be in Japan at the same time as you and will definitely be hunting as well lol. 

maybe someone else knows of a better location than tomorrowland?

edit: since the ACR stockist list is completely outdated maybe we should have a collaborative list of ACR stockists in tokyo or around the world

Edited by donburi

yah or maybe we can print it exclusively on the inside band of the sufu 116740 urban techwear cap AKA grailhat

OK, so I've done some research and wanted to share it with users who are in the US, and are interested in knowing why they are being charged around $320 for duty fees when they order an item like the J1A-GT.

Apparently the US Tariff code for this item is classified as 6201.93.3511. When looking up this code on the HTS search website: https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=62019335 we find that the duty charge is 27.7%. So if your going to spend around $1100 for an jacket that is made from man-made materials, it is going to cost you around $300. There is also a flat fee of $10 which you pay for all the processing work.

Hope this info helps.

@numberboy8,

you got lucky! 

Edited by blackbox

OK, so I've done some research and wanted to share it with users who are in the US, and are interested in knowing why they are being charged around $320 for duty fees when they order an item like the J1A-GT.

Apparently the US Tariff code for this item is classified as 6201.93.3511. When looking up this code on the HTS search website: https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=62019335 we find that the duty charge is 27.7%. So if your going to spend around $1100 for an jacket that is made from man-made materials, it is going to cost you around $300. There is also a flat fee of $10 which you pay for all the processing work.

Hope this info helps.

@numberboy8,

you got lucky! 

Thank you for the information That is very helpful. the $320 really sucks but I followed the advice of adding 30% on top of the actual price I'm paying and just factor that into the cost. 

A "water resistant jacket" is HS 6201.93.30 and 7%. A classification change in HS code can make a big difference in duties. I would guess that any jacket from the CO could be classified as "water resistant" due to it's DWR.

Edited by CB200