Acronym.

Westbrook

Incredibly disappointing. All the classics feel bastardized in the name of constant innovation and evolution. It'd be fine if they actually were but this is devolving. Same with the J28-GT's wack neck collar, storm hat, and rain apron.

Can't get the OG pieces ever again seems like.

1 hour ago, bboysparrow said:

Incredibly disappointing. All the classics feel bastardized in the name of constant innovation and evolution. It'd be fine if they actually were but this is devolving. Same with the J28-GT's wack neck collar, storm hat, and rain apron.

Can't get the OG pieces ever again seems like.

my hot take is that the newer j28 is actually great, I just switch out the hat-hood for a regular hood from a different shell.

the pattern is one of the least restrictive of any shells they've made (that's not -W and doesn't look like a garbage bag) because it's basically a single piece of fabric from back to the front of the chest

I've also actually found use for the new storm collar where it's sometimes faster to just zip up the main front and snap the collar closed instead of fiddling with the neck zipper 

18 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I've also actually found use for the new storm collar where it's sometimes faster to just zip up the main front and snap the collar closed instead of fiddling with the neck zipper 

Neck snap on the OG quicker and much less cumbersome imo the midsection snap was a nice addition 

New does give you the sensation of being lightly choked if you’re into that tho

Edited by wexler

Dang, the dislike of the designs this season seems pretty unanimous. However, I do like the art direction + music on the MS with the countdown to the new items. Gives me old ACR vibes in a good way. 

Looking at where the brand is headed, my hope of getting some 'silent killer' WS jacket like a J47 / J32 is a pipe dream now. Can we at least get some RAF or Grey P10DS instead of a skirt?  

I like the skirt idea. Reminds me of the poncho from a couple years back, cp-whatever the fuck. Kind of silly but also kind of useful.

I’d rather they went more in this direction than fugly graphic tees/hoodies and mid aughts video game npc’s jackets. Also- enough with the nostalgia for rave gear ffs. It really ain’t it. The moment is gone. 

We finally get another 3D collar and it’s in fucking WS. Wilted ass shit looking collar. Enough of this M/E/DS/GTblahblah bullshit. Give us back our Stotz you fucking cowards. 

I don't mind the edgelord design interventions as long as they are totally optional - Seems like the spiky tape is completely removable so not a big deal even if it's a bit cringe.

Unlike the mandatory inclusion of tattered hi-vis panels with knockoff designers republic graphics on the otherwise cool J110TS-GT from the last collection, insane that those bits can't be removed without scissors.

20 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

We finally get another 3D collar and it’s in fucking WS. Wilted ass shit looking collar. Enough of this M/E/DS/GTblahblah bullshit. Give us back our Stotz you fucking cowards. 

Enough with the god damn crying and bitching, fuck sake just sign out and take a walk.

2 hours ago, Theanix said:

Enough with the god damn crying and bitching, fuck sake just sign out and take a walk.

Hey man not trying to yuck your yum. If you’re all in on the hot topic shit- more power to you. It’s an open forum. We can complain and praise all day long, but at the end of the day it’s just the internet and stupidly expensive clothes. 

I personally don’t get into Stotz that much. Poorly waterproof, comfortable but not suitable for all season use, patina, and expensive. WS is currently my favorite fabric cuz I could wear WS jacket for all the seasons (underlining with a hardshell in Winter) and it’s soft. I wear my WS J68 & 29 almost everyday : )

@Davidwyh1998 I am also wearing my j87-ws straight since I picked it up last year in different setups, by now I didn’t need another shell. This was my first ws piece and I have absolutely no complains about the jacket and material so far. It’s just a little flimsy and it appears to be delicate. Stotz is just more durable and comfortable when worn directly on skin, you won’t get any issues like delam, definitely more mid season and summer friendly than ws.

46 minutes ago, DeadHype said:

@Davidwyh1998 I am also wearing my j87-ws straight since I picked it up last year in different setups, by now I didn’t need another shell. This was my first ws piece and I have absolutely no complains about the jacket and material so far. It’s just a little flimsy and it appears to be delicate. Stotz is just more durable and comfortable when worn directly on skin, you won’t get any issues like delam, definitely more mid season and summer friendly than ws.

Personally don’t really agree it’s more friendly in Summer but thanks for sharing : )

J118-WS is.. interesting. They upgraded the J25-WS with features from the J81, and then added bonus things to show off your spikes and wear your hood like a mask. I dunno, maybe someone wants to look like an Elden Ring character but IMO the J81 was a superior design as far as hem style and pocket layout. The thumb cuff thing is definitely more durable on the 25/118, but I also prefer the look/feel of the 81's version of it. I think it's also a lot easier folding the 81 into the little package with the zipper pouch design, but the 25's middle pocket approach does make it a sleeker blob when once it's all in there. I do like that they went back to putting the clips back on it cause I generally clip to the outside of my bag when I travel and never hang it from the sling unless it's actually unfurled into a jacket.