Acronym.

Westbrook

For me the p23a style is too iconic to pass up, so I'd opt for a pair of both p23a & p41 any day of the week, but if you don't really care and just want some nice pants, I've heard nothing but great things about p23q.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:08 PM, Theanix said:

Man I absolutely love this fit and the full tonal Alpha head to toe. Also interested to hear more about how you got into Acronym and more about what you do and your back story!

I discovered Acronym many years ago purely by accident. I was looking to buy a messenger bag and I did a Google search for "recommended messenger bags" and found an online article mentioning the Acronym 3A-5 (I can't remember the precise model #)  It was the version with ACRNYM silk-screened on the bottom in bold white letters and the pull chords were red. I still have it, and it is in mint condition because I liked it so much I bought a plain 3A-5 to use as my daily driver instead.

That led me to ACR jackets and trousers and accessories. (My wife keeps saying: "How many jackets do you need?)

I always used to buy black versions of everything. When they brought out  Alpha green, I didn't like it at first and avoided it. But then one article of clothing I wanted was only available in Alpha green. Now I buy everything in alpha green if available! 🙂

Incidentally, the boots I am wearing are Acteryx and the colour is almost a perfect match for ACR Alpha Green.

The Messenger bag was the 3A-5TSR!

Edited by roofus
additional info

**MISSED CONNECTION**
to whoever was walking on Roebling in their BU with the CDG posits on, sorry I didn’t intro myself. hope you having a good weekend 🫡 

I just scooped the P15.  Great pant.  I have numerous pants with the cinch down system.  With these pants though I am having a tiny harder time cinching the waist in.  Is there always a break in process with that cinch and I just forgot about that?  I am paranoid that maybe there was a quality control issue on this particular pair.  I doubt it.  I have a feeling that there's always a break in process where the internal belt eventually loosens.  Any thoughts from anyone that copped the P15s as well?

13 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Just wait until next season.

Nah I’m all good, already seen it. I’m only interested in the MS exclusives at this point. About 90% of the mass produced stuff from the last 2ish years has been pretty fucking underwhelming bordering on straight up ugly. They need to fire Ian Wang or give him a sub-label or some shit. 

On 1/15/2024 at 3:28 AM, ACRFan27 said:

I just scooped the P15.  Great pant.  I have numerous pants with the cinch down system.  With these pants though I am having a tiny harder time cinching the waist in.  Is there always a break in process with that cinch and I just forgot about that?  I am paranoid that maybe there was a quality control issue on this particular pair.  I doubt it.  I have a feeling that there's always a break in process where the internal belt eventually loosens.  Any thoughts from anyone that copped the P15s as well?

I have the same problem! They don't cinch down very well at all. 

I bought some shorts with the same cinching system and it works really well on the shorts. However any long pants I have bought recently are hard to cinch down and I am afraid to "Reef" on them for fear of damaging the system!

Edited by roofus

22 hours ago, leg said:

acrdb.com is now available; feel free to grab it if you're interested in building anything acr-related. I believe I owe an explanation regarding it. In short, I sourced and contacted a photographer who worked on the first collections and he had not only the missing FW-0607 season but all the first seasons in their original quality straight from the camera. He was willing to share them with me if Errolson would allow it. He sent an email to Errolson and asked for his permission. After two or three months of waiting, Errolson finally replied and instructed him not to share any photos. He expressed his dislike for old seasons being online, as it could lead to people stealing his designs or whatever. After receiving this response, I decided to take down the website and don't bother anymore.

Unfortunate, I miss the old works.

Imo it's a real trash. Looks like a cheap riot division jacket or some cope techwear Asian brand.

Also it's - SD. Already wrinkled straight out from the box. 

What a shame :            (

Edited by Yan90

30 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Imo it's a real trash. Looks like a cheap riot division jacket or some cope techwear Asian brand.

Also it's - SD. Already wrinkled straight out from the box. 

What a shame :            (

Now that you mentioned it, I can’t unsee it.

My first impression was very nice, now looking at it a few times, don’t like it that much anymore. 😂

1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

It looks exactly like that to me.
Also looking at pics I can somehow already feel the heavyness of that jacket pulling down on my shoulder which makes me really don't want to ever buy it...

Isn't the age old adage is that fashion is cyclical for 20 years. If were looking at only fit, not style, we had skinny jeans since what 2010s? The Wide Fit train started maybe 5 years ago so it looks like Acronym will be dope again in 2030s with "Profile" fits.

2 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Isn't the age old adage is that fashion is cyclical for 20 years. If were looking at only fit, not style, we had skinny jeans since what 2010s? The Wide Fit train started maybe 5 years ago so it looks like Acronym will be dope again in 2030s with "Profile" fits.

Fashion is definitely cyclical, and it could be argued that ACR is a "fashion brand" in the broadest sense, however E's choices are historically characterized by a brilliant combination of timelessness and innovation. However the last 2 or 3 seasons seem to be layered with a heavy application of hot salsa and queso. To me, the line up seems off center. It is still interesting but I am far less compelled to acquire. Older pieces were holy shit there is nothing else on earth like this, must cop now

Edited by FlyingShiba

Switching topics a bit…

I’m fairly positive but can folks confirm that the insulators with Aux Zip like the J58 secure only at the neck? I had the impression that maybe the sleeves could also somehow be secured with the gravity pocket buttons on certain jackets but I must have dreamt that up…

Related and maybe this has come up in discussion previously but has anyone spoke to E about the design philosophy of the Aux Zip only being on the neck and not also with the front zippers like some other brands with jackets that have removable insulators? I just find it cumbersome sometimes to have to unzip twice.

46 minutes ago, SafeLM said:

Switching topics a bit…

I’m fairly positive but can folks confirm that the insulators with Aux Zip like the J58 secure only at the neck? I had the impression that maybe the sleeves could also somehow be secured with the gravity pocket buttons on certain jackets but I must have dreamt that up…

Related and maybe this has come up in discussion previously but has anyone spoke to E about the design philosophy of the Aux Zip only being on the neck and not also with the front zippers like some other brands with jackets that have removable insulators? I just find it cumbersome sometimes to have to unzip twice.

Snap button on the cuff of the insulators and be secured with the loop of an outer layer jacket. but as far as I know acr hasnt release an system where insulator and outer jacket is connected at the front opening something like M65 parka and its liner